• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Shaneus

So I've almost finished Apex (I think?). Second last race was an Enzo-only one. Anyway, still loving the shit out of this game. *And* I have about 50 billion tour events to go!

benzy

The Lambos are amazing.

qehxsl.jpg

rrrlii.jpg

Melchiah

That's a hard question:) BAC and Caterham are (or should be) basically in their own class.

On another note; it's raining in about 90% of new events. A bit too much, really.

The cars and events are out tomorrow here in Europe, but I dunno if I have the time to try them out due to Bloodborne being released the same day. If the Lambos are as good to control as it sounds they're definitely going to be to my liking.

IKizzLE

So the guy in the other thread who said the new cars were worst sounding in the game was just trolling?
What do you consider good sounding? Yes, they sound like cars with a lot of hp, but they are slightly off the mark when sounding like lambos. Suffer from the same problem the ftype has....

Ebolarama

Banned
I think it looks fine just too aggressive.

I like the aggressive look. Possibly the meanest looking car I've ever seen.
There's still plenty of opportunity for the Sesto Elemento to appear, and based on the Zonda R (amazing carbon fiber graphics),I'd say the Sesto is destined for an appearance.

Ebolarama

Banned
What do you consider good sounding? Yes, they sound like cars with a lot of hp, but they are slightly off the mark when sounding like lambos. Suffer from the same problem the ftype has....

Still the best Lambo sounds in any racer I've ever played. And games will never get it perfect. Take battlefield 3; by far the best sounding gunfire in video games but it will never equal the skull-jarring sounds of actual gunfire. I'm pleased with the sounds.

Ebolarama

Banned
Even more joy to drive than Caterham SP/300R and BAC Mono?

Like Duallusion said, it's hard to compare to the open wheel cars, but the Huracan is a joy to drive.
To answer the class question: all 3 other lambos are super and the Veneno is hyper, as is the Peugeot Onyx.

IKizzLE

Still the best Lambo sounds in any racer I've ever played. And games will never get it perfect. Take battlefield 3; by far the best sounding gunfire in video games but it will never equal the skull-jarring sounds of actual gunfire. I'm pleased with the sounds.
Race one lap in the icona vulcano then one lap in the aventador. Exactly the same sounds. But yes, it's still a decent representation of a Lamborghini in a console racer.

nib95

Banned
Cross post from the Lambo thread.

Gat damn. I love the new cars! They sound fantastic on my cans, though I do lose some of the finer details when using my speakers. Each vehicle has a very unique sound note and overall personality and feel. I like that they have that throaty gargle and spit in the ultra low speeds and in idle as it should be, though perhaps a touch under pronounced when accelerating. The Onyx sounds among the craziest though, with a lot of layers of unique audio notes including this subtle intermittent turbo hum/buzz in the background.

Just to re-iterate something, if you're using your headphones straight out of the DS4 and un-amped and without a DAC, you will be losing some of the finer detailing and proper soundstage. You also get some weird audio skipping and other notes that don't quite sound as they should. But still, the differences are not as pronounced as I expected them to be, though they are definitely there.

nib95

Banned
Managed to post the second fastest time in the world on the second Lambo Tour event, the one with the Gallardo on Yedapalli. I'm sure I'll be knocked down a million places shortly, but it's still annoying I can't quite hit the number 1 spot.

Pachimari

I just can't wait for it to be April 1, so I can buy the Season Pass and get all of this extra content. Until then, I'm, gonna get as many stars as I can in the tour, and rank in points for Lunar FC. I probably won't be active much next week, as I'm going on a one week vacation.

kie25

I've just had a look at the tour events checking out the time trial times needed, and they are all very easy times, I didn't see 1 time trial that will cause the average player more than a few goes. I was really hoping for a venom hot lap style lap with this dlc something that actually requires average people to spend time with, that gives them a sense of achievement when they get that final star. But looking at these it will be no issue for even people new to racers.

I have a I idea for Evo for future tour events let's have a 4th star that has a really hard time to achieve that doesn't actually effect progression through the events, but when you have all the 4 stars unlocks a special paint and a Gold trophy, this would make things so much better, people that just can't get that 4th star won't be stopped from progressing further as it will not change the stars needed for progression. Something needs to happen as there is just no challenge for the faster drivers on these tour events. I really hope Evo do something as beating a time trial 3 star time by 5 or more seconds is not really rewarding in my view there is just no sense of achievement.

Top Bottom