• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Gridlink DC is looking for one new club member. We are a level 41 club with a variety of player skill levels. Skill is not important, but we are looking for someone who plays consistently. PM me or send me a friend request over PSN if you are interested (my ID is in my profile).

I really feel like I suck at drifting, when I do these drifting events.

My problem with the drifting is that they change the rules too often. I get good one way, and when i go back to it I have to adapt to the new mechanics. Scoreboard inflation, etc. does not warrant the constant modifications to the drifting gameplay.

My problem with the drifting is that they change the rules too often. I get good one way, and when i go back to it I have to adapt to the new mechanics. Scoreboard inflation, etc. does not warrant the constant modifications to the drifting gameplay.

The felt consistent for a while but the recent change was very drastic.

I'm having a tough time adjusting but starting to get the hang of it, finally been able to hit #1 on some drift challenges with quite a few competitors this week

Which is why I wrote "troll video." Anyway, the day of out-racing you is over, as you now have access to the Lambos. Notice it was only the Lambo/RUF races where I smoked you...

Oh, and fix your damn microphone.

You fix yours! ;-)

So what's the current thinking on the super lambo's? Hurrican better than the Aventidor? I've not had much chance to play with them yet but I'm hopeful the new software update will mean vita remote play is an improvement and I can sneak on whilst the missus watches her stuff.

knavish

You fix yours! ;-)

So what's the current thinking on the super lambo's? Hurrican better than the Aventidor? I've not had much chance to play with them yet but I'm hopeful the new software update will mean vita remote play is an improvement and I can sneak on whilst the missus watches her stuff.

I prefer the Aventador but I suck with the Veneno, its got the turning circle of the Titanic

I find the Aventador easier to control under hard braking than the Huracan. But am loving all of the lambos, with the Ven being the one that I need to spend the most quality time with, especially on the more technical tracks.

Absolutely loving this.

Hope we can see another car-pack/expansion of this caliber but for the lower range of cars.

Duallusion

In two community drift challenges I just did, top ghosts slammed into the guard rails in sections where they scored most points. Fuck that. Hopefully Evo'll be able to make additional changes to drift scoring because it hasn't been fixed, IMO.

In two community drift challenges I just did, top ghosts slammed into the guard rails in sections where they scored most points. Fuck that. Hopefully Evo'll be able to make additional changes to drift scoring because it hasn't been fixed, IMO.

I can't imagine it's that hard to just cancel out points when contact is made with a barrier....but I'm not a game designer

knavish

I was doing a Time Trail one the Canada Tracks (Maplewood 1) in the Caterham and I noticed the leading ghost crashes hard into one of the hairpins and looses no time whatsoever. I have tried different braking points and entry points into the apex but he completely misses it crashes into the wall and still gets amazing drive off the corner. I tried to copy his line finally, after getting slightly annoyed lol, and I keep getting a penalty.

How is he doing this?

The best I could do was 18th in the World. I reckon I could shave off another 1/4 - 1/2 a second off my time.

Duallusion

It'll never be fixed...

I'm still hoping for another season pass and continuous support. :/

I can't imagine it's that hard to just cancel out points when contact is made with a barrier....but I'm not a game designer

Heh, yeah, I have no idea why they didn't implement that, especially since it's basically there already; if you hit a barrier while drifting, the scoring stops. All they had to do on top of the changes they made was a simple tweak and voila.

I was doing a Time Trail one the Canada Tracks (Maplewood 1) in the Caterham and I noticed the leading ghost crashes hard into one of the hairpins and looses no time whatsoever. I have tried different braking points and entry points into the apex but he completely misses it crashes into the wall and still gets amazing drive off the corner. I tried to copy his line finally, after getting slightly annoyed lol, and I keep getting a penalty.

How is he doing this?

The best I could do was 18th in the World. I reckon I could shave off another 1/4 - 1/2 a second off my time.

It could be an older ghost...not sure if they've made impact adjustments in the patches since the Caterham came out

Kimppis

Just ordered a used copy for 24€, postage included. Prices have gone down really fast.

To be honest, I'm mostly getting the game due to its visuals (including the weather patch) and that's why I waited for a price drop in the first place. I don't even have a driver's license. :p

So... is there any way (cheat codes etc.) to unlock most/all the tracks and cars immediately? If not, how long does it take to unlock atleast a single track in every region/country?

Thanks.

DasRaven

Just ordered a used copy for 24€, postage included. Prices have gone down really fast.

To be honest, I'm mostly getting the game due to its visuals (including the weather patch) and that's why I waited for a price drop in the first place. I don't even have a driver's license. :p

So... is there any way (cheat codes etc.) to unlock most/all the tracks and cars immediately? If not, how long does it take to unlock atleast a single track in every region/country?

Thanks.

All tracks are available immediately. A few cars are locked behind Driver and Club levels, but most cars and all paid DLC cars are also available immediately.

My personal "fix" for drifting would be to make the mode work more like Time Trials. Basically let the player keep running laps as long as they want and just record their best score to the leaderboards rather than cutting to the scoreboard after every individual run. I just can't ever get into the rhythm of it.

Makes me wonder if there are a lot more folks out there like me who do all of the tour events except for the drifts.

Duallusion

My personal "fix" for drifting would be to make the mode work more like Time Trials. Basically let the player keep running laps as long as they want and just record their best score to the leaderboards rather than cutting to the scoreboard after every individual run. I just can't ever get into the rhythm of it.

That would have to be a new mode but yeah, I'd love that. Scoring based on how many drift points can you get in the shortest time in one lap. With PENALTIES for going off track, hitting rails and doing donuts, of course.

knavish

could there be a way that maybe for the first 30 seconds of a race everyone is a ghost so we don't end up with the first corner idiots who just want to crash into people?

Getting annoyed with people who don't care about the right line and just slam you at every available second

could there be a way that maybe for the first 30 seconds of a race everyone is a ghost so we don't end up with the first corner idiots who just want to crash into people?

Getting annoyed with people who don't care about the right line and just slam you at every available second

That first corner is just part of racing, unfortunately. I usually hang back a bit and try to manouevre through the wreckage.

knavish

That first corner is just part of racing, unfortunately. I usually hang back a bit and try to manouevre through the wreckage.

I do totally understand mate, its just chaos as some just dont care that there are other cars in front.

I think I probably just need to do what you do and hang back a bit, its a bit more difficult when youre 1st on the grid

farmerboy

Spewing I'm on the other side of the world, never really seem to be on when you guys are. And if I do see one of you its usually at the tail end of my session so I don't bother joining cos I'm bout to get off.

How can one love the Onyx? It feels like at anything over 100km/h it just understeers.

How can one love the Onyx? It feels like at anything over 100km/h it just understeers.

I have the opposite opinion...but I haven't paid attention to the steering as it seems to handle brilliantly for me.

And Shannow, you are lucky I forgot to upload that last race I ran with you. I would have called the vid Overtaker: The Revenge. :)

Join a club straight away. You don't have to be good, at all. You'll benefit the club by getting experience, on top of which you'll have more club cars unlocked yourself. The Golf GTI, BAC Mono and Zonda R are all awesome cars that are unlocked by club level.

Ahh, I see.

If that's the case, if anyone who recently picked up the game (or anyone in general) needs another person, feel free to add me and I'll help out as best as I can: EspanaJefff

I can't say how often/long I'll be playing this game though. Not because I dislike it, but because I work and usually busy after work. Not to mention, the 5485425 other games I have, lol but I always try to fit in at least an hour or 2 during the evening. The weekends would see more game time though.

Ted

While I do agree with many of your points Ted, for me the game is simply greater than the sum of it's parts. The fun and adrenaline kick it gives me has made this a game that I can forgive it's shortcomings and can't stop playing - and I have faith in Evo that they will endeavour to deliver what we request and continue to improve the game.

I *totally* get that. 100%.

I guess I have two problems, me - I'm not much of a time trialist ultimately - and the what the game could, maybe should, be - the fact that amongst a lot of embryonic ideas there is an accessible, fun and very satisfying driving model (and hence a great driving game) begging to get out. That frustrates me.

It also leaves the way open for an awesome lobby system to fundamentally change the game, for me at least.

Makes me wonder if there are a lot more folks out there like me who do all of the tour events except for the drifts.
I agree with you

Nice, Mercedes event!

Lol I'm in the same room as DHC.

And you beat me right at the end you git! My excuse is that for some reason it would send me straight into a wall when I restarted, ruining that lap :-( I should've carried on after the mistake rather than restarting.

I have the opposite opinion...but I haven't paid attention to the steering as it seems to handle brilliantly for me.

And Shannow, you are lucky I forgot to upload that last race I ran with you. I would have called the vid Overtaker: The Revenge. :)

Damn! More excuses required! :)

farmerboy

Drifting has never clicked for me, though I do seem to do better since the patch. So they've obviously made them easier to score off cos I was crap previously. So maybe for different reasons, but I too stay away from the drifting. Though the new patch has encouraged me to at least go back and see if I can clean up a few more stars.

It also leaves the way open for an awesome lobby system to fundamentally change the game, for me at least.

An awesome lobby system would undeniably change this game for the better. It would probably encourage me to stay up late or get up early if I knew the guys on this board were around in a private lobby. Providing you let me in!

I think I've only bumped into postcyberpunk, ikizzle and DJW-GT in the wild and literally had one race with each.

v1lla21

And you beat me right at the end you git! My excuse is that for some reason it would send me straight into a wall when I restarted, ruining that lap :-( I should've carried on after the mistake rather than restarting.
Is the electric drive slower than the regular SLS? You were using that one so there's another excuse :p

kie25

How is he doing this?

It was a old glitch people used to do, I may go bk on that and beat it though as I got a 49.2 on tour event in caterham which would easily beat that time of his.

Here is the lap with no cheating ;)

https://youtu.be/uWDgJ5tBJD0

Damn! More excuses required! :)

Haha. I was just about to comment on your laundry list of excuses for V1lla: I'm British; I have 5 kids; I drink 4.5% abv beer; I consistently have NAT errors; I stand up when I drive; I drive bumper cam; etc...

You're one of my favorite people to race with!

farmerboy

Haha. I was just about to comment on your laundry list of excuses for V1lla: I'm British; I have 5 kids; I drink 4.5% abv warm beer; I consistently have NAT errors; I stand up when I drive; I drive bumper cam; etc...

You're one of my favorite people to race with!

fixed

But that would do it to anyone.

Ebolarama

Banned
Spewing I'm on the other side of the world, never really seem to be on when you guys are. And if I do see one of you its usually at the tail end of my session so I don't bother joining cos I'm bout to get off.

You'll come around. I think every single free DLC car is hated at first. The Mazzanti was despised and now people seem to love it. The VUHL sucks (for real though). I like the Onyx but maybe just because it's a juggernaut.

Ebolarama

Banned
Is there a reason that the Lamborghinis all have blue-white flame when they backfire and every other car backfire is orange-yellow? Just something I noticed.

nib95

Banned
Is there a reason that the Lamborghinis all have blue-white flame when they backfire and every other car backfire is orange-yellow? Just something I noticed.

I'm wondering this too.

maxresdefault.jpg

lambo-gallardo-backfire-fiamme.gif

giphy.gif

Just got the Rookie trophy. I'm enjoying this game much more than I expected. Hell, I'm enjoying a racing game more than I've ever have.

Buying that season pass is becoming more and more of a reality...

bombshell

Any word on when the level cap will be increased? I assume it will be in the next patch.

I don't want to play these 2 new tour packs, because I don't know if the xp will be added retroactively when the level cap is increased.

kie25

Any word on when the level cap will be increased? I assume it will be in the next patch.

I don't want to play these 2 new tour packs, because I don't know if the xp will be added retroactively when the level cap is increased.

I'm sure rushy has said that any fane over will get added retroactively so you can start the new tour when you like :)

Top Bottom