• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

I love it when we get new elite levels - but the time trial for (I think level 42), around Atlanterhavsveien in the Renault A110 was a right pain in the arse.

You got that right, I hate that track! Up to that point I'd got the times on my first or second attempt but that one held me up for about 30 mins.

T_Exige

As a big Lotus fan, I can only agree with some of the comments:
Just to name a few: Elise, Elise 250Cup, Exige S2, Esprit, Carlton, 2-Eleven, 3-Eleven ...
They have many great cars that fit in different classes.

If it is non-Lotus:
Lexus LFA, Pagani Zonda Cinque, Ford GT (2006), Ford Mustang Gt500, Ferrari 355 & 360 Challenge Stradale, Maserati MC12, Mercedes Benz SLR & SLR Stirling Moss ...Bugatti...
All great cars that would be a nice fit for a season 2 pass :)

Thanks for listening to the Jaguar XJ220 fans!

DD

Great. Now I want this:
ZPaycFP.jpg
YES!

And while we're at it:
w4ns6qF.jpg
*blurgh*

Couple of vids I found whilst rooting through my replay section...

Lots of the GAF crew on here, Knavish, Ainsz, Silver Arrows but it came down to a 3 way fight between myself, AnythingBut and Shaolin_Shlong with plenty of nip & tuck...

https://youtu.be/LoAp6wpohnM

This was just a very polite clean end to a race showing how close you can race without touching the other car - I was pleased with the overtake around the outside into the sweeping bend too ;-)

https://youtu.be/HeWeXplXo0Y

Denur

Over a week after my shoulder operation I dared to join Shannow's challenge again. It got me to 7th for now, with a lousy last sector. Maybe better tomorrow.

I like the new drifting (hard mode with wheel), but it is still possible to increase the drift score massively from a (near) stand-still. I would prefer to have the drift sector invalidated completely once one drops below a certain speed. In other words, it should not possible to score any points in a drift sector when dropping below an arbitrary speed.

krioto

Looks like you cannot get higher than elite level 49 at the moment - level 50 requires a star level that can not currently be achieved (2 more than total, i've got them all at the moment), so I guess you'll need the new DLC to progress.

edit - that Augusta gif - so good

Looks like you cannot get higher than elite level 49 at the moment - level 50 requires a star level that can not currently be achieved (2 more than total, i've got them all at the moment), so I guess you'll need the new DLC to progress.

edit - that Augusta gif - so good

Ah so that's what's going on, I was sure they said it went up to 60.

Yeah nice gif But! :)

I really hope Evo incorporate the ability to have a list of players who will appear ghosted when racing online in future updates - some of the tools racing online tonight would be on the list for certain.

5taquitos

So no matter what I do, I can't download the new update. It says I need to free up space, but I have 35 GB free and I'm downloading Hitman right now without issue. I tried deleting the update and checking again, and I just tried rebuilding the database, which didn't fix it either. The only other thing I can think of is completely deleting Driveclub and redownloading the whole thing, which sounds nightmarish.

So no matter what I do, I can't download the new update. It says I need to free up space, but I have 35 GB free and I'm downloading Hitman right now without issue. I tried deleting the update and checking again, and I just tried rebuilding the database, which didn't fix it either. The only other thing I can think of is completely deleting Driveclub and redownloading the whole thing, which sounds nightmarish.

It could be that the Hitman download has already reserved its spot on the HDD. I also think i've read before that the PS4 takes into account the cumulative size of the patches when checking for a new update, so it might treat the DC update as the whole 13GB or so when checking for the update, which is only 300MB. You also need to leave some free space for defragmentation and such, it's not possible to fill the HDD to the last megabyte. Try deleting something else first, before deleting DC and its patches.

Makikou

Welp. 2nd on challenge atm. Very possible to go faster.. maybe 39.9. Dunno, at this point it's just about executing correctly for me.

El_Cinefilo

I had the same issue, I had about 95GB free on my 2TB drive and it wouldn't download until I deleted a couple of old games.

NewDust

You got that right, I hate that track! Up to that point I'd got the times on my first or second attempt but that one held me up for about 30 mins.

Common, it wasn't that bad? Sure, I'm not saying I got it in 30 mins, but I thought you didn't like the bridge part? Seeing your ghost, you almost always passed me on the long bend after the first two bridges (I thought you hated the bridges?). I foundt the 2nd sector much more diffucult, and even that came down to being easy on throttle and brakes.

I find the Level 46 objective much harder (but I really, really hate the One:1). If I get a decent run, I'm still 6 or 7 seconds behind par.

5taquitos

It could be that the Hitman download has already reserved its spot on the HDD. I also think i've read before that the PS4 takes into account the cumulative size of the patches when checking for a new update, so it might treat the DC update as the whole 13GB or so when checking for the update, which is only 300MB. You also need to leave some free space for defragmentation and such, it's not possible to fill the HDD to the last megabyte. Try deleting something else first, before deleting DC and its patches.

I had the same issue, I had about 95GB free on my 2TB drive and it wouldn't download until I deleted a couple of old games.

The problem started before I bought Hitman, and I had more free space than the size of the entire Driveclub install. The really odd thing was that when I went to check the information on the DC install, it said it was version 1.00. It also wouldn't start at all without prompting for the update.

Long story short, I think it just got fucked so I deleted it and started the redownload overnight, so it should all be fixed. Just some odd stuff.

Common, it wasn't that bad? Sure, I'm not saying I got it in 30 mins, but I thought you didn't like the bridge part? Seeing your ghost, you almost always passed me on the long bend after the first two bridges (I thought you hated the bridges?). I foundt the 2nd sector much more diffucult, and even that came down to being easy on throttle and brakes.

I find the Level 46 objective much harder (but I really, really hate the One:1). If I get a decent run, I'm still 6 or 7 seconds behind par.

Those two Norwegian tracks were the most difficult to me. I'm not that fond of time trials on p2p tracks in the first place (too long for me to remember every single bend) and the narrow, twisty road in combination with the One:1 was even trickier. The Atlantic Road on the other hand is one of, if not the hardest circuit for me in the game, but at least a retry doesn't take as long. That second half along the coast can be a real pain, depending on the car, but in the end both challenges were still doable with a bit of practice. Oddly enough i had less problems with any of the bikes challenges, despite being better at racing with cars in general, but bikes are damn enjoyable when you hit the right flow. :)

The problem started before I bought Hitman, and I had more free space than the size of the entire Driveclub install. The really odd thing was that when I went to check the information on the DC install, it said it was version 1.00. It also wouldn't start at all without prompting for the update.

Long story short, I think it just got fucked so I deleted it and started the redownload overnight, so it should all be fixed. Just some odd stuff.

I see. Well, fingers crossed that everything will be fine after you redownload it.

I don't think I'm cut out for these challenges anymore. All they succeed in doing is make me pull my hair out and get dirty with the game. Doing challenges has always been an exercise in frustration but even more so in recent times. Probably because I've been rarely playing outside of doing these challenges so I've lost what little rhythm I had.

I had to consciously change my driving style to be effective in the middle section with the dirt - I didn't really know how little it affects you these days as I usually avoid that track and I learnt it when the dirt edges really slowed you down a lot. I took 3-4 runs to do the Level 46 challenge but I know Hurrungane a lot better so it was just a case of adjusting the braking distances to suit the 1:eek:ne and getting a clean run. It helps when you have plenty of friends in the game and can use their ghost as a guide for how you are doing - I was up against you ghost in some of the earlier challenges and had Motorised Mallard and T_Exige as a comparison in the later ones.

I don't think I'm cut out for these challenges anymore. All they succeed in doing is make me pull my hair out and get dirty with the game. Doing challenges has always been an exercise in frustration but even more so in recent times. Probably because I've been rarely playing outside of doing these challenges so I've lost what little rhythm I had.

Are you talking about the GAF Challenges? Yeah the level of competition is pretty crazy, I think every event has set the world record for that particular vehicle & event. I must admit that even though I run the competition, I don't actually compete that much as I just haven't the patience to keep at it unless I really enjoy an event. Have you tried racing online? It can be frustrating at times but also give you a real buzz when you win.

Talking of competitions, I was thinking we have a best livery comp - we pick a car and peeps post a pic of their best colour scheme, we vote at the end of the week and pick a car for the next week... Anyone interested?

Feedback would be very useful, just don't get too attached to your new scores as we'll be wiping down the leaderboards for drift mode in the next few days.

When exactly are the leaderboards going to be reset? As far as I can see, they haven't been done at time of this post.

Are you talking about the GAF Challenges? Yeah the level of competition is pretty crazy, I think every event has set the world record for that particular vehicle & event. I must admit that even though I run the competition, I don't actually compete that much as I just haven't the patience to keep at it unless I really enjoy an event. Have you tried racing online? It can be frustrating at times but also give you a real buzz when you win.

Challenges in general but yes the latest GAF challenge wasn't particularly fun for me. Night time, rain, slippery car at the best of times = $%^# this! :D I have done a little multiplayer but not for some time. We did have some private lobby sessions of a Sunday night with some local players which was some good fun but we haven't had one since before Christmas. Interest has died down somewhat with most people moving onto other games. Shame the game wasn't in the state it is now back at release.

NewDust

I think there is a small bug with the Elite levels. Somehow, whenever I start an Elite level attempt by accessing it from my profile, the time and weather are set to 14:00, 15x, sunny. I changed it multiple times by starting a single event with other settings, but whenever I access them from my profile, the settings get reverted back. Anyone else noticed this? My guess is, that the settings are "stuck" to whatever settings you had from before the latest update.

Couple things that bug me about this game. Why the fuck does it not show lap times. Why can't I press a button view an elite driver challenge without having to go all the way back in a menu to look at it. Why cant you just click on the challenge and be taken to it?

Also why can't I just choose the ghost I want to see?

NewDust

... Why can't I press a button view an elite driver challenge without having to go all the way back in a menu to look at it. Why cant you just click on the challenge and be taken to it?

You can! Go to your driveclub profile and click on the sreen that shows you the requirements for the Elite level, it immediatly takes you to the correct track/car AND shows the required time while driving, and if you met this time.

Edit: and that's Elite 49... Now going to power level from 113 to 120.

Less than 2 hours to go on this weeks challenge, Bouniter still holds the lead by 3 tenths but Sirenty has jumped up to 2nd with SigSwat back in 4th whilst Ainsz is adrift....

Today I have my house full of family/visitors so i have no time to play. I am following th progression on the driveclub app. Good luck to you all in the last minutes.

Well done to Bouniter in claiming his second win which has put him back in the frame to win the first round of challenges and boosted him up to 3Rd overall. Sirenty claimed second place which has given him a nice cushion between himself in first and Sigswat in 2nd on the overall table. Makikou claimed 3rd with SigSwat 4th and Ainsz taking the fifth spot.

Those results have kept it wide open for the final round with any of the top four still capable of winning the round, though Ainsz would need to take the win and have Sirenty finish lower than 2nd to do it.

Screenshot_2016_03_13_23_28_50.png

You should've received your invite for the final round, let me know if you haven't got it.

https://youtu.be/JqsIrfrnR3A

Sirenty

Those results have kept it wide open for the final round with any of the top four still capable of winning the round, though Ainsz would need to take the win and have Sirenty finish lower than 2nd to do it.

Great run, Bouniter. Competition's really heating up, and it ends with a drifting event. Don't think I'm going to win in the end.

Hmmm........ I'm starting it tonight. I hope it's good.

I'm heading back in. Look me up if you want to group with someone.

DHC-Shannow sorry for *sometimes* not accepting challenges :( I only play on weekends and I am hooked with tales of graces f and the division last month include yesterday :( will back for sure

DHC-Shannow sorry for *sometimes* not accepting challenges :( I only play on weekends and I am hooked with tales of graces f and the division last month include yesterday :( will back for sure

No worries bud, lots of peeps only play the challenges they like the look of or the types they like and that's perfectly fine :) There's a lot of big games coming out over the next few months so I fully expect numbers to drop on here as there's just so much other stuff to play. I know Uncharted and NMS are going to divert my attention from DC.

xrnzaaas

Apparently i'm not doing the challenge as i played The Division with vix79 all day :D

Oh well, doesnt matter.

Division is messing with my gaming schedule as well :) Great game, even for a lone wolf like me. :) Hopefully I'll find some time tonight for the new weekly challenge.

farmerboy

The Division is a very pleasant surprise imo. Only 5 hours in but i'm liking it alot. This will take a chunk out of my Driveclub time.

Not before you try to take out Sirenty in the challenge :) He's gonna be hard to beat.

You can always get him back in the DZ of The Division if you come across each other. Haha. That would actually be funny.

Top Bottom