• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

Fair enough. Back to normal programming.

Bloody hell Shannow, what's with these shit challenges you keep picking?

;-)

Lol that made me chuckle :)

The return of PDogg on that challenge will put the cat amongst the pigeons actually...

Think I'm gonna have to cancel tomorrow's rally, my daughter is teething so there's no guarantee I'll get an hours peace to run it, besides I think peeps would prefer to play the division!

Some stats regarding the weekly challenge...

Sirenty & Sigswat have won all the bike events between them but neither has won a car event.

The previous drift events have been won by PDogg & Bouniter.

If PDogg wins then Sirentys 6250 point lead could well be decisive...

Bouniter

Thanks everyone for the congratulations I really enjoyed that challenge, must just suit my driving style as it doesn't look like most of you did.

Unfortunately I forgot to get a replay of my best time and realised just to late to get on PS4s own record feature.

I did get a replay of my second best run though with a 40.155 for anyone that wants to see it. I've popped the very end of my actual best run at the end of the video but it only shows the splits (I was 40 seconds to late), so you can see where I saved time (mostly not pulling a wheelie in the first sector and then I was being a little to cautious in the final sector).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpJj72Nd7Xg

Edit: Pdogg what can I bribe you with to take no further part in this challenge =b

dr guildo

CdeoNVhXEAAMHSE.jpg:orig

Nice shot ! Good job !

farmerboy

Any Driveclub VR news at GDC? Haven't seen anything so far. :-(

Unless the tech demo they've shown so far is just a VR tech proof of concept in readiness for......

MOTORSTORM VR.

I nearly fainted just thinking about it

I've thought about it a bit more. Two things that I would basically give my left nut for right now, Motorstorm VR and a mainline Ghost n Goblins.

Barnzini

Neo Member
Looks like you cannot get higher than elite level 49 at the moment - level 50 requires a star level that can not currently be achieved (2 more than total, i've got them all at the moment), so I guess you'll need the new DLC to progress.

edit - that Augusta gif - so good

I'm stuck on level 47 iirc cause i've only purchased the No Limits DLC and to progress further I need the Suzuki pack atm. Kind of annoying but it is what it is...
I must say the Renault and The:One challenges were the toughest by far up. The Koenigsegg is such a handful going full pelt...love it.

Also keen to demo the VR version when its released. It won't be a day one purchase for me but very keen to see it in action.

Happy Birthday But!

Yeah I'm in day one too, can't bloody wait :)

Sirenty - expect stat & graph overload next week when the results are in :) Well done on taking the lead BTW, impressive!

Rushy

Got some crazy discounts available on the EU PlayStation store right now:

DRIVECLUB BIKES (Save over 45%)
Standalone = £7.99 / €9.99
Expansion = £6.49 / €7.99

DRIVECLUB (Save over 35%)
Standard = £15.99 / 19.99
PS+ Members = £6.49 / €7.99
PS+ Season Pass Bundle = £7.99 / €9.99

Sorry there is no equivalent US Store sale.

xrnzaaas

I don't get (and can't master) the new drifting scoring system at all. Sometimes the points reset if I go too wide, in other cases I can cut deep without penalties. Looks like this mode will once again become my most hated one.

Edit: Nvm it's starting to click :p

Edit2: It annoys me a little bit that you can still initiate multiple drifts in a single zone. Like the last section in the current weekly challenge. It's very hard to earn 2000 points in one long drift and it's easy to get 3000 or even more in two drifts.

I don't get (and can't master) the new drifting scoring system at all. Sometimes the points reset if I go too wide, in other cases I can cut deep without penalties. Looks like this mode will once again become my most hated one.

Edit: Nvm it's starting to click :p

Edit2: It annoys me a little bit that you can still initiate multiple drifts in a single zone. Like the last section in the current weekly challenge. It's very hard to earn 2000 points in one long drift and it's easy to get 3000 or even more in two drifts.

Basicly all the zones after the first are "double drift" zones. It's a bit silly I agree.

The interior looks really nice. The more DLC the better.

Hey Rushy, any chance that DriveClub VR will be announced for consumers soon? Or will it only stay as a prototype for demostration purposes only?

xrnzaaas

Isn't it more lke 30 years? 20 years ago we already had stuff like Sega Rally :D.

Right, a little more. 23 for Mega-CD, 24 for Amiga. I have to say the graphics made a huge leap in the second half of the 90s. I remember when my jaw dropped when I first played Destruction Derby on my brand new PlayStation.

https://youtu.be/TeUhwEXFeyE?t=378

In french ,but footage of DC VR at Old Town....

This Spring/Summer is gonna be a long one!

Nice find :) The mirrors now work, I believe they weren't functioning in the earlier demos. The full screen footage isn't VR tho (I think) as if you watch the onscreen footage he moves his head way more...

I also saw a report on Ars Technica where the guy said the earlier demo made him feel sick, but project cars with the Oculus didn't - he does seem to be having a bit of a VR whinge in general though so dunno whether it's just him.

Nice find :) The mirrors now work, I believe they weren't functioning in the earlier demos. The full screen footage isn't VR tho (I think) as if you watch the onscreen footage he moves his head way more...

I also saw a report on Ars Technica where the guy said the earlier demo made him feel sick, but project cars with the Oculus didn't - he does seem to be having a bit of a VR whinge in general though so dunno whether it's just him.

He's probably american and pissed off he can't pre order it yet. :p

Bty, you know you can get move controller for a £10 @ cex (till they raise the prices)!

He's probably american and pissed off he can't pre order it yet. :p

Bty, you know you can get move controller for a £10 @ cex (till they raise the prices)!

I'm OK for move controls but I'll need to grab a camera for when psvr lands. I wonder if the bikes will be part of the VR game as we haven't seen them demonstrated yet (and they're frigging scary in first person view on a telly!).

Sirenty

Basicly all the zones after the first are "double drift" zones. It's a bit silly I agree.

I agree completely, even though I took full advantage in the challenge. It was majorly disappointing to find out that wasn't fixed. So drifting has definitely improved, but with that still in there, and with points still more affected by speed rather than hanging the tail out, it's still not as good as the original drifting.

To me, it really reduces the fun seeing this big, fat, super styling drift that goes all the way around the corner only score 1500 points (and barely that because the first half of the corner scored 1400 and the last half scored 100...), while a fast, car is barely turned, "drift" earns 3K. And then you add a second mini drift and get 4K.

I think they need to keep the point negation if going off track, but they need to limit it to a single drift per zone, move point scoring emphasis more towards tail happy drifting instead of speed (maybe not all the way of the original, but at least some), and add a timer like bike skills. I think that would negate the issues with the original model (people drifting to a stop to score big points since they need to keep moving due to timer) and would require big drifts in long zones instead of max speed drift and then reset and then bounty drift.

desu

Anyone knows French to get some details what they were talking about? The video was actually a lot better than expected, loved the excitement/sillyness of the guy. Looks absolutely awesome.

Goldrusher

Anyone knows French to get some details what they were talking about? The video was actually a lot better than expected, loved the excitement/sillyness of the guy. Looks absolutely awesome.

He said he played it before, in Paris, but it felt a lot better now... even though he couldn't really say what changed.
Then it's nothing but praise. He says it's all very immersive, it really feels like you're driving a car, especially with the wheel and the pedals. The view is much better, and you're constantly looking around, even checking the mirrors and the dials.
Finally, he mentions it will be a separate game, and that it won't have all the content of the current Driveclub.

That's about it.

If any of that ps4.5 talk going on right now becomes reality i hope EVO will update Driveclub to run at 60fps and bump up the IQ. That would be amazing.

ike_

I've been relatively lukewarm towards VR, but man that gif. As a scrub who rolls automatic + bumpercam I now question every decision I've ever made.

I've been relatively lukewarm towards VR, but man that gif. As a scrub who rolls automatic + bumpercam I now question every decision I've ever made.
Best cockpit in a racing game is about to become OMFGBBQsuperbestesterrific cockpit in a racing game.

That gif looks great!

With all the rumors going around about the Ps4.5 or Ps4k as they're calling it. If it all turns out to be true, I wonder how it will affect Driveclub.

Top Bottom