• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

Melchiah

Turn the map off and use the flags to see turns instead. You'll learn the tracks much quicker and your eyes won't be stuck on the mini-map.

That won't help with the race tracks, that don't have the corner flags. One of the reasons why I like them less, apart from them being duller to drive than PTPs and road circuits.

5taquitos

That won't help with the race tracks, that don't have the corner flags. One of the reasons why I like them less, apart from them being duller to drive than PTPs and road circuits.
True, but many of them have small corner indicator signs. But yeah, race tracks are the most boring tracks in the game.

ty_hot

I didnt notice the flags before :D but when its night and/or raining I cant be guided only by them, at least while I dont know the tracks (it seems like I only played GT since the PS1 so I could play those circuits upside down easily, but other games...).

I don't have a club yet, asked to join some Neogaf ones in there, no response so far. Also, those faceoffs are really worth anything? Many times I end up hitting the fences, losing control of the car while trying to do them, but it seems that they just give a few points and that is it.

My psn id is Onurbrellum, in case someone is still playing.

Auctopus

I have a VR Kit on pre-order. I was considering cancelling it but the idea of playing Driveclub in VR is too sweet. Still miss the monthly updates and GAF challenges.

NEW TRACKS ??? Woah, lets hope we can play them on the original game too.

Yeah, hopefully it isn't too hard to just patch in/sell as DLC.

Ainsz

I have a VR Kit on pre-order. I was considering cancelling it but the idea of playing Driveclub in VR is too sweet. Still miss the monthly updates and GAF challenges.

Yeah, hopefully it isn't too hard to just patch in/sell as DLC.

It says a lot that the game relied so much on dev and community support. Despite still having a moderately active userbase, the game just feels barebones now. I always thought official club tournaments would have been the next natural step for the game's evolution. Either way, it was shock to see all that promise halted. Here's hoping for something of a comeback.

Auctopus

It says a lot that the game relied so much on dev and community support. Despite still having a moderately active userbase, the game just feels barebones now. I always thought official club tournaments would have been the next natural step for the game's evolution. Either way, it was shock to see all that promise halted. Here's hoping for something of a comeback.

I think it was a combination of that and new games coming out. It all happened right before Dark Souls 3, Uncharted 4 then a slew of other high-profile games.

It took my attention away from the game, I came back every now and then and am still determined to Platinum Bikes (lots of grinding) but yeah, the community moving on and the lack of updates etc. did take its toll. The game is still fun as ever, it's just these types of games require updates to stay ahead of new releases.

knavish

I think it was a combination of that and new games coming out. It all happened right before Dark Souls 3, Uncharted 4 then a slew of other high-profile games.

It took my attention away from the game, I came back every now and then and am still determined to Platinum Bikes (lots of grinding) but yeah, the community moving on and the lack of updates etc. did take its toll. The game is still fun as ever, it's just these types of games require updates to stay ahead of new releases.

I still play this game a fair bit mate. The MP servers are down on numbers obviously and people seem to be dicks more than ever.

I miss the challenges and rallies that Shannow kindly put together :)

Holy shit, is this for real?! I was hoping the teased tracks would see the light of day somehow, but honestly didn't believe it would actually happen. But how come Rushy still does PR for DC, are Evo still working on PSVR, despite the move to Codemasters?

Any ideas regarding the setting of the screenshot in Rushy's tweet, based on the architecture? Could it be set in Chile?

Auctopus

CoiP6K4VMAA54iK.jpg:large

Engadget just posted this image with the VR story. What track is this? Is it even Driveclub?

xrnzaaas

Oh, SWEET. Really hope they aren't VR exclusive.

Looks like a Chile urban track.

Well every PSVR game is supposed to be able to run on the standard PS4 as well.

Edit: The price is supposed to be 4900 yen and that's about 45 dollars... I wonder if that implies plenty of content or is it just a high price like with most of other VR games.

I had a Top Gear-style Fastet Lap competition this weekend and it was brilliant.

We had 8 of us taking turns on various P2P tracks and cars, and seeing who was quickest. What made it particularly great was we had DriveClub projected onto a 10ft wall and were using a Logitech G29 wheel.

Brilliant fun. But it does make me wish that DC was still fully supported. It would have been even better to be able to create custom local multiplayer tournaments/time trials to support such an activity. As it was we could only keep track of times using a piece of paper.

Ah, I have plenty of ideas to support local multiplayer sessions. Alas...

Prisoner

Which ones? What do you have to do again?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Contender
When the timer expires on a Driver Challenge, be at the top of the leaderboard.

Unbeatable
Win 5 of your own Solo Challenges after sending them to at least one other player.

Auctopus

Thanks for the quick reply.

Contender
When the timer expires on a Driver Challenge, be at the top of the leaderboard.

Unbeatable
Win 5 of your own Solo Challenges after sending them to at least one other player.

Right, contender I think I need to send you a challenge for Contender. I'll set an easy time then you beat it.

Unbeatable, I'm not sure. I'll happily "fail" to beat 5 challenges. But I wonder if you can send 5 to the same player.

What's your PSN?

Prisoner

Right, contender I think I need to send you a challenge for Contender. I'll set an easy time then you beat it.

Unbeatable, I'm not sure. I'll happily "fail" to beat 5 challenges. But I wonder if you can send 5 to the same player.

What's your PSN?

Thanks! PSN is in my profile.

ty_hot

How can I know how much have I drifted? I think I can get the platinum for DC, but that trophy seems to take a lot of time... Wanted to know how far I am from that.

Prisoner

How can I know how much have I drifted? I think I can get the platinum for DC, but that trophy seems to take a lot of time... Wanted to know how far I am from that.

main menu > my profile > progression and statistics > driver statistics > overdrives > drift

:)

Oxn

So i was looking into buying some high end equipment to create a racing set up. But I just found out that Driveclub is not compatible with Fanatec products? And even other PS4 titles are having issues with it?

What kind of set up do you guys run? And is it good?

I dont really want to compromise my set up, but if Fanatec is not gonna work with Driveclub or even possibly future PS4 titles (Driveclub VR, GT Sports, etccc) I might have to rethink some things......

OH MY GOD!

IT WAS THE R2 BUTTON!

Wow!! Changed acceleration to X and I ZOOMED past the others! Are you kidding me!? All this time... all those hours I wasted

I was literally DEAD last EVERY race, because the R2 wouldnt accelerate all the way. As soon as any race started, all the bots would be way ahead of me, even without any turns on the road. Just a straight line

Controller is so trash. I feel this is thread worthy. Who knows what games people are screwing up

Thank you so much for all your help dude. I am flying past the events now!

Like, it feels so easy. All this time Ive been battling the r2 button and trying to shave off seconds on the clock by making perfect turns and trying to study the physics

Just wow

Welp, I'm downloading Driveclub again. I've always thought this game was incredibly hard even after hours of play...but maybe the answer is this.

5taquitos

Seeing this thread a little active again has me itching to go back and finish up my platinum. So many DLC stars and trophies to earn still.

Welp, I'm downloading Driveclub again. I've always thought this game was incredibly hard even after hours of play...but maybe the answer is this.

To check if your R2 is working properly use the in car view on the DC Survolt - theres a readout on the dash that says what percentage of power is being applied - this should read 100% when your accelerator button is fully pressed....

In other news, the boys are back in town ;-)

https://youtu.be/LZRU1mXSlmo

knavish

To check if your R2 is working properly use the in car view on the DC Survolt - theres a readout on the dash that says what percentage of power is being applied - this should read 100% when your accelerator button is fully pressed....

In other news, the boys are back in town ;-)

https://youtu.be/LZRU1mXSlmo

dude you still have camera shake on?? I was racing with Ainsz this weekend.....you should join us this week :)

My R2 was at 90% so switched accelerator to R1 which is now awesome

Melchiah

OH MY GOD!

IT WAS THE R2 BUTTON!

Wow!! Changed acceleration to X and I ZOOMED past the others! Are you kidding me!? All this time... all those hours I wasted

I was literally DEAD last EVERY race, because the R2 wouldnt accelerate all the way. As soon as any race started, all the bots would be way ahead of me, even without any turns on the road. Just a straight line

Controller is so trash. I feel this is thread worthy. Who knows what games people are screwing up

Thank you so much for all your help dude. I am flying past the events now!

Like, it feels so easy. All this time Ive been battling the r2 button and trying to shave off seconds on the clock by making perfect turns and trying to study the physics

Just wow

I've never had that problem myself, and I've played the game since launch, platinumed it, using the same controller all the way through. Even got the Unbeatable (Win 5 of your own Solo Challenges after sending them to at least one other player) trophy legitimately when using R2.

ty_hot

If I play one event (drift), then I get only 2 starts, then after the event ends I choose 'restart', do I lose the points/fame/etc that I got?

I was playing one drift event with a RUF, did this maybe 15-20 times, then in the end I clicked 'continue' and when I open the event again my car still had ZERO fame. wtf? do i have to play the event, end it, get the points, click continue, go back to menu screen, and choose the event again to get more points? cant I just 'restart' (after it has finished)???

edit: i was on the #Unite in Speed tour, Raise the RUF event, with the 'pre order' RUF, and didnt get any points (played more than 15 times at least), then I played with the 'stock' RUF and it saved all the points. wierd.

dude you still have camera shake on?? I was racing with Ainsz this weekend.....you should join us this week :)

I also still use bumper cam too, can't teach old dogs new tricks! I'm working away this week but I'm sure I'll make an appearance on my return :) R1 rules!

farmerboy

Oi what's going on in here? Fuck, some of the old crew, well I'll be....

IMG_3886-1024x768.jpg

You can play with one of these. At least we'd stand a chance. One button, sometimes it brakes, sometimes it accelerates, sometimes it changes gears!

You know what, caught up with Ainsz couple of weeks ago. If I see you all online I'll join in ;-) as long as its not some God forsaken hour.

knavish

Oi what's going on in here? Fuck, some of the old crew, well I'll be....

IMG_3886-1024x768.jpg

You can play with one of these. At least we'd stand a chance. One button, sometimes it brakes, sometimes it accelerates, sometimes it changes gears!

You know what, caught up with Ainsz couple of weeks ago. If I see you all online I'll join in ;-) as long as its not some God forsaken hour.

I actually had that joystick back in the day

farmerboy

Seeing this thread a little active again has me itching to go back and finish up my platinum. So many DLC stars and trophies to earn still.

All I really want to do finish up my elite levels. I'll be happy with that, but I haven't cos of bikes and points, though I have enough points now.

desu

I let my PSN+ run out and well there it is, my fully paid game is not working anymore if I do not resubscribe. Contacted the support and hope they will sort this out.

Top Bottom