• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

I let my PSN+ run out and well there it is, my fully paid game is not working anymore if I do not resubscribe. Contacted the support and hope they will sort this out.

Aw, that sucks. Hopefully they'll sort it out. Did you upgrade from the PS+ version, or did you get the full version (with PS+ discount) right away?

desu

Aw, that sucks. Hopefully they'll sort it out. Did you upgrade from the PS+ version, or did you get the full version (with PS+ discount) right away?

Bought the full version long before the PSN+ version was even out,

This is some kind of bug that has been reported a few times already (I remember seeing it in here as well).

Bought the full version long before the PSN+ version was even out,

This is some kind of bug that has been reported a few times already (I remember seeing it in here as well).

That's even worse. I also remember some people having issues with that in the past, no idea how that turned out though.

CHC

So what is the actual way to purchase this game and all of its content? I have the free PS+ edition, at some point I'll probably want to go further.

Is the "Driveclub and Season Pass" bundle for $19.99? Or just "Driveclub" for $7.49? And Bikes is a separate thing regardless, right? So many SKUs for this game!

5taquitos

So what is the actual way to purchase this game and all of its content? I have the free PS+ edition, at some point I'll probably want to go further.

Is the "Driveclub and Season Pass" bundle for $19.99? Or just "Driveclub" for $7.49? And Bikes is a separate thing regardless, right? So many SKUs for this game!

The "Driveclub and Season Pass" bundle will get you the whole game and the vast majority of the DLC content. There are a few packs that released early this year that were not included in the Season Pass, so those have to be purchased separately.

Bikes is a separate thing, but be aware that some of the trophies from the last Driveclub packs released appear in the DC Bikes trophy list since they hit the max with the base game.

CHC

The "Driveclub and Season Pass" bundle will get you the whole game and the vast majority of the DLC content. There are a few packs that released early this year that were not included in the Season Pass, so those have to be purchased separately.

Bikes is a separate thing, but be aware that some of the trophies from the last Driveclub packs released appear in the DC Bikes trophy list since they hit the max with the base game.

haha OK.... still seems slightly confusing but I'll just get the bundle and pass at some point. 20 bucks seems more than fair, it's a lot of content. The driving feels REALLY good, I must say.

Wish you could turn off crash damage graphics though - these AI drivers belong in Mad Max or something.

Wish you could turn off crash damage graphics though - these AI drivers belong in Mad Max or something.

I 'think' there is a way to achieve this - if you go into photo mode then switch the damage off you get the option to retain settings when you return to driving. This works for some of the graphic settings so may well work for damage too.

Really like how this picture came out, thought i share it
DRIVECLUB_20160811094511.png

At the press day for Gamescom. Gonna try and play Driveclub VR if it's here and give you guys some impressions.

Brilliant! If possible, try to find out whether the new tracks are also coming to the regular version of Driveclub and whether it's 5 track variations in the same location (like Old Town), or 5 unique tracks.

Auctopus

Brilliant! If possible, try to find out whether the new tracks are also coming to the regular version of Driveclub and whether it's 5 track variations in the same location (like Old Town), or 5 unique tracks.

I don't think it's here, mate :( I'm at the PlayStation VR booth and its booked out anyway. Walked around it but didn't see any Drivecluv.

I don't think it's here, mate :( I'm at the PlayStation VR booth and its booked out anyway. Walked around it but didn't see any Drivecluv.

Yeah, i figured that much. What i meant was trying to ask the devs at the booth, if any are present. :)

Edit: OK, so they actually are different locations. Posted by dumb in the DC VR thread:

Oh yes new tracks <3

1471436502-28738919690-edaaf1d756-o.png

1471436507-28738919330-47abae0275-o.png

1471436506-28992474036-fc8759e0d8-o.png

Now let's keep our fingers crossed they'll also come to regular DC. I wouldn't mind buying a new DLC pack to accompany it either. :)

Auctopus

Update: I'm in line for VR. Driveclub is here but it is prioritised for press. I.e. The setup needs to be free and there are no press waiting :(

Edit:nope, they fed me in to EVE Valkyrie. I said to someone afterwards if there was a chance I could wait around for a Driveclub machine but they said it was 1 game per queue (queue was 2 hours). Even more sadder, it was my first time time with PSVR and I really wasn't convinced. Feels like the tech needs another year or two in the oven.

xrnzaaas

The passenger mode sounds like a great idea. I wonder if it can be paired with any replay stored on DC servers or only your own.

Update: I'm in line for VR. Driveclub is here but it is prioritised for press. I.e. The setup needs to be free and there are no press waiting :(

Edit:nope, they fed me in to EVE Valkyrie. I said to someone afterwards if there was a chance I could wait around for a Driveclub machine but they said it was 1 game per queue (queue was 2 hours). Even more sadder, it was my first time time with PSVR and I really wasn't convinced. Feels like the tech needs another year or two in the oven.

Damn that's a shame, we could do with some impressions of DC VR from someone who is actually good at the game - all i've seen are journos reports which are sketchy or just wrong. As for Eve, I wouldn't go writing off PSVR just yet - from what I hear it's one of the poorer demos to play.

DirtyLarry

I am RTTP here, and barely played any of the DLC tours yet.
I also broke out my wheel and am having a grand old time.

So are any DLC tours highly recommended over others? The only ones I do not own are AMG, Finish Line and No Limits. And not sure if it is just becayse I have not downloaded yet or not (I see a basket icon though so think I need to purchase). I do own almost all the others. So wondering if any of them are considered "must play). I am about to check out Horsepower or Velocity right now.

Having a wheel with this game really makes it such a different experience as well. No doubt for the better.

The question now is when we'll get to actually play the new tracks. I'd love to play them ASAP, but reasonably they're getting released simultaneously with the launch of DCVR. Hopefully each of the new tracks/locations will have as many variants as Old Town. :)

I wonder if there's any other content they have finished before Sony shuttered them. I'd be up for another tour pack or two to go with the new tracks.

So I have a question regarding wheel support: I recently bought a G29 on impulse as it was on sale, ditching my beloved g27 and Porsche 911S: I've read that the august 2015 update brought clutch and H shifter support for Thrustmaster's TH8PA gear shifter.

Does this mean the g29's H shifter and clutch work as well? I've read conflicting reports online.

It's not going to be a big issue since most cars have paddles anyway, but while I wait for delivery I might as well deal with this sooner rather than later xD

Can't wait to finally drive this thing as it's meant to be (and I played a lot anyway).

DC is top 3 best game this gen for sure. And things are getting better with VR (that's why I finally bought a compatible wheel xD).

Thanks guys!

Sounds like you might need to crack open the Excel spreadsheets one last time, DHC.

Just seen this bud, yeah I think the spreadsheets might reappear when DC VR lands, we should be able to run a challenge across both the standard and the VR version of the game - it'll be interesting to see if it makes any difference to the times people can achieve.

Just seen this bud, yeah I think the spreadsheets might reappear when DC VR lands, we should be able to run a challenge across both the standard and the VR version of the game - it'll be interesting to see if it makes any difference to the times people can achieve.

My times will suck more in VR I'm assuming unless they have tweaked the wheel settings I was always a lot quicker with a pad. Was strange as I found PC unplayable without a wheel and DC unplayable with a wheel.

My times will suck more in VR I'm assuming unless they have tweaked the wheel settings I was always a lot quicker with a pad. Was strange as I found PC unplayable without a wheel and DC unplayable with a wheel.

Well you can still play in VR with a pad, 60/120 fps might change the feel too. I dunno if VR's improved visibility will help or if the reduced clarity will hinder, gonna be interesting to find out :)

farmerboy

Wait has it been confirm to have a pro patch?

No pro patch for original game as detailed above :-(

But what I was asking/alluding to is this; what we've seen of DCVR so far has been running on a ps4 and pared down graphically as a result. But every new game has to have a pro mode. So will the pro mode in DCVR manage to keep the original graphics, as it has double the gpu power?

It's gotta be a chance to do that.

Top Bottom