• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

xrnzaaas

Sorry for asking this, but the 'driveclub full game and season pass bundle' comes with everything the game has to offer? Or the bikes are not there?

and another PSN/PS+ question, I created my account when I lived in Brazil, now I am in Spain and can't change my region. I can have a PS4 here and use that Brazilian account, right? ofc i will be paying in brazilian money and only have access to the discounts in there... just wanted to be sure that I wont have any real problem by doing it.

DC Bikes is not part of the season pass. It's a big expansion which also exists as a standalone product. Same with the No Limits and Finish Line DLCs released just before the studio got shut down.

It's still TONS OF CONTENT so don't hesitate and buy it asap. :)

5taquitos

Sorry for asking this, but the 'driveclub full game and season pass bundle' comes with everything the game has to offer? Or the bikes are not there?

This bundle does not come with Bikes, and the season pass doesn't include the last few packs released early this year.

Any word on Driveclub VR on the E3 floor? I have a feeling it's dead...

ty_hot

DC Bikes is not part of the season pass. It's a big expansion which also exists as a standalone product. Same with the No Limits and Finish Line DLCs released just before the studio got shut down.

It's still TONS OF CONTENT so don't hesitate and buy it asap. :)
Great, thanks for answering. Gonna read about those DLCs. Right now its on sale with PS+, I think I will buy it even though I don't have a PS4 yet hahaha (will buy ps+ because they are giving NBA 2k16 this month, which I like but not enough to buy for a full price Hehe).

Great, thanks for answering. Gonna read about those DLCs.

I got you covered:

The following 4 Expansions/Tours (including the 2 bike tours) have been released long after the season pass has expired:

- No Limits Expansion Pack
- Finish Line Expansion Pack
- Suzuki Expansion Pack (DC Bikes)
- MV Agusta Expansion Pack (DC Bikes)

Then there's DC Bikes, which is a standalone expansion and can be upgraded to at a lower price, if you already have the main game. It also got a free tour (EBR Tour) and a purchasable livery pack.

Everything else was either free (like the Ignition, Photo-Finish, All Stars, and AMG Expansion Packs and more than a dozen additional cars) or part of the season pass.

Also, there are a few cars and a bike that will remain purchasable, despite owning the season pass. These are just shortcuts and you can unlock all of them by playing the game, so don't waste your money. These vehicles are:

- Ferrari LaFerrari
- Renault R.S. 01
- Mercedes-AMG S65 Coupe
- Mercedes-AMG GT3
- KTM 1290 R ABS (free bike for everyone, not just DC Bikes owners)

The Aprilia RSV4 RF ABS Bike is also free and works even if you don't own DC Bikes, so grab that as well.

I think that covers everything.

ty_hot

I got you covered:

These expansion packs basically add 2 car (or bikes) and 5 trophies, right? It says there are some more events, but I believe they are just the usual events but with these new vehicles? Or is there anything special on them? If not, I will be skipping, DC+Season Pass + Bikes is already good enough for me.

xrnzaaas

These expansion packs basically add 2 car (or bikes) and 5 trophies, right? It says there are some more events, but I believe they are just the usual events but with these new vehicles? Or is there anything special on them? If not, I will be skipping, DC+Season Pass + Bikes is already good enough for me.

Yeah the final paid DLC's were a little light on content. Each DLC had a new (rather short) tour with some events featuring those 2 new cars/bikes and some featuring older cars/bikes. They're not necessary purchases unless you're obsessed about some DLC car or going for 100% completion for both games (by the way DC has a platinum trophy and DC Bikes has a platinum trophy :)).

Each tour pack adds a certain number of tour events, cars and trophies. These last few that aren't included in the season pass added 6 events, 2 vehicles and 5 trophies each, while the ones included in the season pass and most of the free tour packs (there are a couple of exceptions among the latter) added 11 tour events, 4-5 cars and 5 trophies each.

In short, you'll be set for a very long time with the base game, season pass and free content and if you really enjoy what's on offer then you might as well get the remaining tour packs and DC Bikes when they go on sale.

Just a warning about the tours. The tour mode in the base game and the first 4 (i think) dlc expansions don't have weather effects like rain and snow, since that has been patched in after launch, so if you want to experience those, you'll have to play the season pass tours (or set up your own exhibition races which let you customize everything), starting with the Elements Tour. However, the difficulty in most of the season pass tours can prove to be a bit challenging for newcomers, so you're better off going through the Drivceclub tour first, which starts you off with the slowest class and has a more gradual difficulty curve.

Also, there's a tour called Startline, which was meant as a sampler for people who hadn't bought the full game yet. It features a variety of tour events from the main Driveclub Tour, as well as the season pass. However, don't let the name fool you, the events in the Startline Tour are also a bit of a mixed bag difficulty wise, so don't actually start off with that. :)

By the way, if you want to try out how the bikes feel before buying the expansion, there are 2 free bikes avaliable to everyone, even if you don't have DC Bikes. The Aprilia, whiich iirc is avaliable from the get go, and a KTM Bike, which can be unlocked by driving other KTM vehicles.

That's all for now, i think. Come back and let us know how it's going for you, and don't get frustrated, it might take some time to get a handle of the driving model if you're not a racing game buff, i know it did for me. I'm sure you'll get some useful advice here. :)

I'm still on the ps+ version

So I eventually got okay enough to come in top 3. But that was a while ago. Im trying again. Basically, I use l2 to brake around corners

I dont crash, but I guess I lose speed. Im constantly last but I feel like I need to find my groove again

I want to upgrade but Im also wanting to try trackmania and dirt rally. These 3 seem like the big 3 racers on ps4

Also,Im not big on online. But this game seems to have a good amount of content for SP. For $7...I think it's time I upgrade.

I guess I was hesitant on how much I had to learn when I frst played, but I did feel myself getting better

I worry that ill hit a wall and quit early, but I have the patience to at least try and learn.

I really did enjoy going from constant last to top 3 with the plus version.

I dont mind just doing the races on all the tracks. I think im bored of india, but I love the sense of relaxation playing in the rain.

Curufinwe

I thought maybe Bikes would go on sale during E3, but no luck. So I just went back to old DLC tours I hadn't got all the trophies on for something to play while I was catching up with the hours of content from Giant bomb.

New hard drive means I can reinstall this game. Very pleased :) Got a new monitor too so it should look sick. The old TV I used to play on was 60" which I found caused too many blemishes to be visible in PS4 games when I sat quite close, so I'm using a 30" monitor now, and games generally look a lot better.

Please give me tips. Racing the same track like 20 times and losing every time

So frustrating

If I try to overtake, I cant because I bumo into a car. I feel like Im braking patiently enough depending on the flag colours

Learning 2 shift before and after turns. God I suck. I want to get better. Been losing for the past 90 min

Manual shifting and no assists but i might cave

farmerboy

Keep at it mate. It'll all click soon enough.

Anyway a spare hour led me to play a bit of multi and I was pleasantly surprised how well the lobbies were populated.*

Hopefully the games got some legs.

populated by the usual bashers and crashers ;-)

Please give me tips. Racing the same track like 20 times and losing every time

So frustrating

If I try to overtake, I cant because I bumo into a car. I feel like Im braking patiently enough depending on the flag colours

Depends on what your problem is. I'm not a racing buff, so for me personally the biggest breakthrough in getting better at the game was when i realized that i shouldn't treat the throttle as a 0-1 switch and use its full range instead. Here's a short post i wrote regarding this previously:

It certainly makes sense to let go off the gas if you're losing traction, since keeping it pressed will only make matters worse. I was absolutely awful with super and hyper cars when i got the game and flew off the track at every bend of the road, i even came here asking for help, but with time i grew into it. As i said, managing throttle is very important. Depending on the corner, either just step off the gas for a moment a sail through it, or brake hard before it, if it's a hard bend, then feather (a few short taps) the gas as you're making your way through it and don't step fully on the gas until you've straightened the car out. Even then, if your wheels are squealing, you're overdoing it, so add a little less power. It's a combination of understanding the car's behavior and practicing your responses to these situations. I'm an average player, but still managed to get good enough to beat all the tour and elite challenges with a bit of patience.

I'm using automatic transmission though. It might help if you could upload a video of a race you're having problems with. Also, in general, don't be affraid to trade a little paint with the other cars, as long as you don't bump into them with full force you won't get penalized (talking about the AI, don't do that online, heh).

Im watching vids and feel like Im doing everything okay

The freaking a.i cars are so hard to pass because whenever I corner well, I manage to catch up..but I cant ever overtake them because there's no damn room

So I either slow down behind them or bump them from the back

Why are they significantky faster than me at the start? How do I close the gap, besides driving well?

Sometimes I feel i brake too much and slow down way too much.

Ive never played a game that was this hard. I dont know what Im doing wrong. I can see why so many people gave up, it's fun to drive but so frustrating to get beat by a.i that seem faster and block the road

Ive been playing for hours just trying to beat the first few levels and trying to do the rookie cup

I am so baffled at what I must be doing wrong. Why was there never a tutorial? I feel like it would have helped immensely

Im not giving up. But Im going insane. The game is so relaxing when you are just driving, but I just cant see where or how to improve

Im watching vids and feel like Im doing everything okay

The freaking a.i cars are so hard to pass because whenever I corner well, I manage to catch up..but I cant ever overtake them because there's no damn room

So I either slow down behind them or bump them from the back

Why are they significantky faster than me at the start? How do I close the gap, besides driving well?

Sometimes I feel i brake too much and slow down way too much.

Ive never played a game that was this hard. I dont know what Im doing wrong. I can see why so many people gave up, it's fun to drive but so frustrating to get beat by a.i that seem faster and block the road

Ive been playing for hours just trying to beat the first few levels and trying to do the rookie cup

I am so baffled at what I must be doing wrong. Why was there never a tutorial? I feel like it would have helped immensely

Im not giving up. But Im going insane. The game is so relaxing when you are just driving, but I just cant see where or how to improve

Some of the cars at your disposal at the beginning aren't exactly the fastest ones in the grid. You're doing it right if you're catching with the AI in corners, as that's where they are typically the weakest, but be sure to also draft them on straights and watch out for them drafting you, that can give significant speed boosts on takeovers. And don't be affraid of brushing up a bit against the AI when fighting for positions. Otherwise i don't know what to tell you, if you're hitting a wall in the Rookie cup already. It's all perfectly doable, even for a racing game scrub like me. Some videos of yours would help us give you more pointers. Btw, you're not using the alternative control scheme, are you? You'll be significantly slower with that.

Thx man

Im using normal controls. What's throttling? Is it acceleration/gas?

And drafting?

Should I drift?

I can't believe I'm doing so terrible. Any tips on manual shift? When do I shift? When its max? Before max?

Thx man

Im using normal controls. What's throttling? Is it acceleration/gas?

And drafting?

Should I drift?

I can't believe I'm doing so terrible. Any tips on manual shift? When do I shift? When its max? Before max?

Throttle is gas/acceleration, yes.

Drafting (or slipstreaming) is when you drive behind a vehicle and benefit from the reduced wind resistance, which means you can gain on them more easily.

Personally, i don't drift at all outside of drift events. In my experience stepping off the gas, sailing trough the corner and trying to hit the apex is generally faster than drifting though it. Of course it depends on how hard the turn is, so you might have to break hard going into it, but after that feather (repeatedly tap) gas going though it and fully step on it as soon as it's safe to do so, i.e. the car is straightened out. If your back end is swerving or the tires are spinning and squealing heavily coming out of a corner, you're overdoing it with the gas and losing time because of it.

Unfortunately i can't give you any hints on gear shifting, as i drive automatic, but from what i have gathered in my time following the DC OT since its first iteration, both manual and automatic are very viable and a lot of top players are driving automatic, so you're not at a disadvantage if you're using it. I suppose it's a matter of preference.

Can you tell me if there are cars that are still locked for you in the selection of the races that are giving you problems? Obviously not all cars in the same class or even grid of a race have the same attributes, so it migh be a case of you still being tied to cars that aren't the top choice for a certain race. That's not to say any of the races aren't doable with the cars that are immediately available, but it might take a bit more effort with them. At least that was my impression when i got a bit further and unlocked more/better cars.

Ah, never knew that about drafting. Neat!

Well Im doing rookie cup and have managed to come in 7th.

In the 1st race, I was slowing down too much on the first turn. Now Im trying to float the turn

The second turn is much harder, as its a sharp turn. Trying to slow down, but it seems I lose too much speed

I think ill keep at it. Thanks for your help!

Ah, never knew that about drafting. Neat!

Well Im doing rookie cup and have managed to come in 7th.

In the 1st race, I was slowing down too much on the first turn. Now Im trying to float the turn

The second turn is much harder, as its a sharp turn. Trying to slow down, but it seems I lose too much speed

I think ill keep at it. Thanks for your help!

No problem, i hope any of this helps! By the way, which car are you using in the Rookie cup? I want to try it for myself.

Fuck this. Im done

Anytime I catch up, it's at a turn when the other cars are clustered around the road, leading me to bump and slow down or hit the brakes to allow them to speed up. I dont know how I can overtake these guys.

I just cant fucking understand how Im stuck at the first set of races. I dont know how others do it and I suspect this game was trashed because others gave up on it real fast

Ive sat here for 3 hours, constantly restarting. Ive never had a learning problem with a game until this.

I just need a long break

Thanks for your help anyway.

Edit: ive been using Volkswagen beetle gsr hot hatch

Fuck this. Im done

Anytime I catch up, it's at a turn when the other cars are clustered around the road, leading me to bump and slow down or hit the brakes to allow them to speed up. I dont know how I can overtake these guys.

I just cant fucking understand how Im stuck at the first set of races. I dont know how others do it and I suspect this game was trashed because others gave up on it real fast

Ive sat here for 3 hours, constantly restarting. Ive never had a learning problem with a game until this.

I just need a long break

Thanks for your help anyway.

Edit: ive been using Volkswagen beetle gsr hot hatch

Sorry to hear that. I absolutely understand your frustration and you should definitely take a break if you're hitting the metaphorical wall repeatedly, but i hope you're not done for good with it. It's a really fun game worth sticking with, but it seems to click at different points for different people.

I'm looking at the stats of the Beetle right now and yeah, they're not that great. I'll try doing a run with it and see if i can upload it by tomorrow. Alternatively, maybe you could try using the Golf as it has noticeably better acceleration. You need to be in a club for it to unlock, are you in one? If not, i have a free spot in mine if you want to try it.

Edit: I'm just trying the first race of the cup and it's possible to get to first place within the first lap, provided that you're not being too respectful of the AI cars, i.e., with a little bump and grind. I realize that isn't everyone's cup of tea, but i'm not talking about full on pushing the competition off the road, just fighting for your position and not being affraid of trading some paint, especially since there isn't any mechanical damage on cars in this game. I'll try doing a clean run though.

Edit 2: I'm uploading a clip with the 1st race of the Rookie Trophy right now, maybe that will help you a bit. It's by no means a perfect race (after all this time some of the corners on that track still throw me off a bit), but it did the job. The takeover in the 3rd turn was a bit risky and there was some very light touching, but i still got the clean race bonus at the end. I'll post the clip as soon as the upload finishes. I'll probably do the other two races tomorrow, as it's pretty late here.

Sorry to hear that. I absolutely understand your frustration and you should definitely take a break if you're hitting the metaphorical wall repeatedly, but i hope you're not done for good with it. It's a really fun game worth sticking with, but it seems to click at different points for different people, it seems.

I'm looking at the stats of the Beetle right now and yeah, they're not that great. I'll try doing a run with it and see if i can upload it by tomorrow. Alternatively, maybe you could try using the Golf as it has noticeably better acceleration. You need to be in a club for it to unlock, are you in one? If not, i have a free spot on mine if you want to try it.

Edit: I'm just trying the first race of the cup and it's possible to get to first place within the first lap, provided that you're not being too respectful of the AI cars, i.e., with a little bump and grind. I realize that isn't everyone's cup of tea, but i'm not talking about full on pushing the competition off the road, just fighting for your position and not being affraid of trading some paint, especially since there isn't any mechanical damage on cars in this game. I'll try doing a clean run though.

Not for good, but after hours of seeing the same track, I feel sick. It's funny because after a few hours, I end up wanting to play again, but right now, I've been grinding the same track for way too long.

I really REALLY want to enjoy this. I love the graphics, I love the peacefulness of driving, I love the sound. It's been ages since I played a racing game and I want to try out sims and even buy a wheel. But I've never played such a hard to learn game like this.

Ahh, I need to join a club. I forgot about that. But would it be cheating to win with a better car? I dont want to cheese through the game by playing with assists or playing on easy.

As for bumping A.I, I sometimes notice they bump into me if they are fighting for space, instead of slowing down and tailing me or going around. Would I not slow down if I'm trying to grind or nudge A.I off the track?

Anyways, I think I enjoy the time trials a lot more, since I'm all alone and I know where I can sharpen and trim off seconds.

So how do I overtake in races like the first race in the rookie cup? When I catch up to the pack, it's usually at a turn where I'm forced to slow down. Sometimes I slow and overtake when there's room, other times I'm slowing down too much and losing the momentum, and other times, I'm recklessly crashing into them and managing to overtake 2 or 3 cars for a bit.

Anywho, I'll try to watch vids of the same race. I appreciate your patience, I know this game has a lot of people who shit on the game and I'm sure people are tired of that. I dont mean to shit on the game, I like it, I'm just very astonished at how bad I'm doing. Like, I've never ever been this bad at any game before. It's clear that something is not clicking with me, and I'm trying to figure out what that is.

Take care!

Here's the clip, as promised:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1FMKM8tVHs

Not for good, but after hours of seeing the same track, I feel sick. It's funny because after a few hours, I end up wanting to play again, but right now, I've been grinding the same track for way too long.

I really REALLY want to enjoy this. I love the graphics, I love the peacefulness of driving, I love the sound. It's been ages since I played a racing game and I want to try out sims and even buy a wheel. But I've never played such a hard to learn game like this.

That's good to hear, i really hope it will end up working out for you. I can certainly understand the frustration when you like a game but aren't doing as well at it as you'd like.

Ahh, I need to join a club. I forgot about that. But would it be cheating to win with a better car? I dont want to cheese through the game by playing with assists or playing on easy.

Yes, you get a couple of cars (A VW Golf and the BAC Mono, both quite fun) for being a member of a club, it has to be at level 10 though, iirc.

As for bumping A.I, I sometimes notice they bump into me if they are fighting for space, instead of slowing down and tailing me or going around. Would I not slow down if I'm trying to grind or nudge A.I off the track?

It depends on how you go about it. Forceful collisions are punished with a slowdown penalty most of the time (same for corner cutting if more than 2 wheels are off the road), slight bumps and mild pushing usually aren't. Brushing up to other cars a bit won't slow you down much in most cases.

Anyways, I think I enjoy the time trials a lot more, since I'm all alone and I know where I can sharpen and trim off seconds.

Racing and time trials certainly are a different beast altogether and there's nothing wrong with prefering one over the other. Of course, learning the track and perfecting your laps in time trial can prove to be an invaluable advantage in races, but on the other hand it doesn't prepare you for the randomness that is racing against opponents, where you can't always take the best line.

So how do I overtake in races like the first race in the rookie cup? When I catch up to the pack, it's usually at a turn where I'm forced to slow down. Sometimes I slow and overtake when there's room, other times I'm slowing down too much and losing the momentum, and other times, I'm recklessly crashing into them and managing to overtake 2 or 3 cars for a bit.

As you can see in my clip, you have to be a bit aggressive about it and fight for the line. It might not be the proper racing etiquette to cut into another driver's line, but i don't extend the AI the same courtesy as i do to people online. :) You can see for example that the leading car backs away a bit as i'm taking over the line.

Anywho, I'll try to watch vids of the same race. I appreciate your patience, I know this game has a lot of people who shit on the game and I'm sure people are tired of that. I dont mean to shit on the game, I like it, I'm just very astonished at how bad I'm doing. Like, I've never ever been this bad at any game before. It's clear that something is not clicking with me, and I'm trying to figure out what that is.

Likewise, i appreciate your civility, despite your frustrations. The game isn't perfect and some criticisms are warranted, while others are inaccurate and often born out of frustration (a common one is that the AI always drives in a single file and never makes mistakes). I hope you'll get over the initial bumps and will grow to enjoy the game the same way the rest of us here have. :)

Wow dude thanks! How are you keeping up immediately at the start? Im always behind until around the turn. If I take the corner well, I usually keep ahead 1 or 2 cars

Ill try to apply this. Thanks again

As you can see i'm moving behind the vehicle in front of me right at the start to benefit from its wind shadow, which gives me a bit of an acceleration boost. You can see whether you're doing it right by the small "Drafting" counter at the top of the screen. Then i let go of the gas and try to cut into the corner with as little braking as possible. Races on proper race circuits don't have those big green/yellow/red flags like road circuits and point to point tracks, but try using the small white turning signs before corners as a visual cue for when to start turning in or stepping on the brake. Of course, it still depends on the kind of car you're using, your speed and the severity of the corner, so it takes some experience and practice, but it helps you get a better feel for the corner and more consistency in your attempts. Usually the final sign is a good cue to start turning in and or let go off the gas/start braking.

I forgot to mention this earlier, regarding the use of better cars for the races. Personally i wouldn't consider it cheating, since the developer is giving you the choice between the various models. It's just that if you jump into the Tour mode right away, you will have hardly any cars unlocked, so you're bound to some of the lesser ones. Speaking for myself, i've had so much fun just messing around with exhibition races that i've spent 2 weeks and about 300 races with it before i even touched the tour mode, so naturally i've had quite a few cars unlocked already by the time i started playing the tour, which made it a bit easier. I did however hit a massive wall once i got to super cars, i just couldn't keep them on the road and kept flying off at every turn, and even more so with hyper cars, but that's a story for another time. :)

I'll do the remaining two races for the Rookie Tour tomorrow and upload them asap.

P.S.:

You also might want to check whether your R2 button is working properly. It's a common fault, but not noticeable in all games. I've had a DS4 that seemed to work perfectly fine in all my other games, but for some reason i just couldn't beat a regular hot hatch time trial in one of the later DLC tour packs. That was after i've already platinumed the main game and 100% all the previous season pass tours. I tried to beat the time trial without success for several days straight. I got really frustrated and couldn't understand how i couldn't beat a simple time trial with the slowest class, after completing some notoriously difficult hyper car time trials. When i uploaded a clip here to ask for advice, one of our regulars pointed out that my car isn't accelerating properly and that my R2 button is probably busted. Sure enough, that was it! I remapped gas to another button and beat the time trial in my first attempt. An easy way to check whether your R2 is working as intended in the game is to take the DS Survolt for a spin. It was a free car and you should have it if you donwloaded all the free content from the PS store. Go into cockpit mode and look at the steering wheel. It has a digital display and in the upper left hand corner is a gauge that goes from 0-100. If you fully press R2 and it doesn't go to 100, then you know what's up.

OH MY GOD!

IT WAS THE R2 BUTTON!

Wow!! Changed acceleration to X and I ZOOMED past the others! Are you kidding me!? All this time... all those hours I wasted

I was literally DEAD last EVERY race, because the R2 wouldnt accelerate all the way. As soon as any race started, all the bots would be way ahead of me, even without any turns on the road. Just a straight line

Controller is so trash. I feel this is thread worthy. Who knows what games people are screwing up

Thank you so much for all your help dude. I am flying past the events now!

Like, it feels so easy. All this time Ive been battling the r2 button and trying to shave off seconds on the clock by making perfect turns and trying to study the physics

Just wow

Controller is so trash. I feel this is thread worthy. Who knows what games people are screwing up
Oh man. I know how you feel.

That right trigger problem in early dual shocks was a serious pain, and ruined quite a few games, some unknowingly, like you just ran into.

Haven't run into it since with the dual shocks I replaced last year, for what its worth.

You have no idea how different this game feels now. I seriously cant believe dualshock 4 has such bad build quality. I need a new controller

Oh man. I know how you feel.

That right trigger problem in early dual shocks was a serious pain, and ruined quite a few games, some unknowingly, like you just ran into.

Haven't run into it since with the dual shocks I replaced last year, for what its worth.

I never knew.

I have sticky r1. Peeled sticks. Sometimes my sticks even have crazy lag or interference. Never knew my r2 was busted. It works fine when shooting in games, but this really exposes it

Guess I better look for a new controller.

You saved me from insanity man. Time to finally enjoy this game

OH MY GOD!

IT WAS THE R2 BUTTON!

Wow!! Changed acceleration to X and I ZOOMED past the others! Are you kidding me!? All this time... all those hours I wasted

I was literally DEAD last EVERY race, because the R2 wouldnt accelerate all the way. As soon as any race started, all the bots would be way ahead of me, even without any turns on the road. Just a straight line

Like, it feels so easy. All this time Ive been battling the r2 button and trying to shave off seconds on the clock by making perfect turns and trying to study the physics

Just wow

Reminds me of Wipeout HD where it has analogue sensitivity on the X button. For a while I wasn't going fast enough just because I wasn't pressing X hard enough.

Fortunately that could be fixed by changing it in the control options. You can even make it a digital button by setting acceleration sensitivity to the maximum.

xrnzaaas

OH MY GOD!

IT WAS THE R2 BUTTON!

Just wow

Rotfl XD There should be a calibration feature in the console's dash so you check back often to see if everything works right. ;)

OH MY GOD!

IT WAS THE R2 BUTTON!

Just wow

Oh man, i'm so glad for you! I actually meant to mention that sooner, but forgot about it. I was about to go to bed last night, when i suddenly remembered and edited my post. It's an amazing feeling how much better you do suddenly, isn't it? XD I have mentioned it in several threads since it happened to me a year ago, but i really wonder how many of the people blaming the game for being too hard, or accusing it of rubberbanding, because the AI is breezing past them on straights, actually had a busted R2 button.

Sorry to hear your DS4 is busted though. You should try exchanging it if it's still in warranty, i did so when it happened to me.

Tommi84

OH MY GOD!

IT WAS THE R2 BUTTON!

Actually glad it's working for you. Out of curiosity, could you map gas to R2 and use DS Survolt car? At the dashboard there's a throttle gauge (0-100% of power) - marked on the screenshot:
HRevKmC.png

Could you tell me how less power you had?

Thanks!

OH MY GOD!

IT WAS THE R2 BUTTON!

Just wow

These things are amazing and shows that really the game is fine and balanced fine, but bad that due to the shitty controller build people think the game is at fault.

Actually glad it's working for you. Out of curiosity, could you map gas to R2 and use DS Survolt car? At the dashboard there's a throttle gauge (0-100% of power) - marked on the screenshot:
HRevKmC.png

Could you tell me how less power you had?

Thanks!

Ill try this. Any map in particular that would help?

Nah, completely random. You don't even have to start going, just before the start press R2 till the end and see how much throttle it has. Some people were saying they could only go to 79% max.

When I press X: 100 instantly

When I press r2: 62!! I squeezed even harder and got like 70ish max

Seriously, there needs to be a worldwide message on psn or something, or some way to test the dualshock. This is definitely unknowingly affecting people. I have to try rocket league and see the difference there too now

ZalXII

Your definitely not the only one. I know someone who is lilkely affected by this error too and i spoke to him many times to check his R2 button while driving the DS Survolt. He keeps refusing and trashing the game instead.

When I press X: 100 instantly

When I press r2: 62!! I squeezed even harder and got like 70ish max

Seriously, there needs to be a worldwide message on psn or something, or some way to test the dualshock. This is definitely unknowingly affecting people. I have to try rocket league and see the difference there too now

The only problem with using X is it's digital I believe, they removed the analog functionality which was a shame.

ty_hot

Got a PS4 and started playing the game. The light and rain effects are awesome, really impressive. Love the day/night cycle.

The tracks are great and they did spend some time building some nice environments. Rivers, bridges, mountains, leafs on the road, lots of detail. A+

Difficulty wise, I play without braking assistance and its ok, no problems at all (but I do hit the corner really hard one or two times per race (mostly because I am leading and lose focus a little bit haha). I am for some reason used to have the map on the bottom right of the screen or in the top left, so I am often lost trying to find the map in the screen (bottom left). I tried one of the last events though and it was a lot more difficult, probably because of the horsepower difference. Once I start playing and get used to better cars I believe it will be manegeable. We will see.

Great first impression so far. In the weekend I plan to play Uncharted 4, but during weekdays I prefer to stick with some quick racing or NBA (thanks PS+). just to relax.

Oh, when was the last time DC Bikes was on sale?

5taquitos

I am for some reason used to have the map on the bottom right of the screen or in the top left, so I am often lost trying to find the map in the screen (bottom left).
Turn the map off and use the flags to see turns instead. You'll learn the tracks much quicker and your eyes won't be stuck on the mini-map.

Oh, when was the last time DC Bikes was on sale?

Looking at PSNPRICES it appears yesterday (at least in the UK with a PS+ membership)

If you've just got DC, I wouldn't worry about the Bikes for a while. Just get the season pass and enjoy the game and learn the tracks, how to drive the faster cars :)
You can always sign up to PSNPRICES for alerts on the next DC bikes expansion sale.

ty_hot

Looking at PSNPRICES it appears yesterday (at least in the UK with a PS+ membership)

If you've just got DC, I wouldn't worry about the Bikes for a while. Just get the season pass and enjoy the game and learn the tracks, how to drive the faster cars :)
You can always sign up to PSNPRICES for alerts on the next DC bikes expansion sale.

I am on the BR PSN. I have the season pass already (got DC+SP in a sale last month, before I got the PS4). Right now, regular price R$45 (10 pounds).

I can only find the Bikes standalone in the PSNPrices, can't it search for expansions/addon?

edit. on your link its the expansion, but in the Brazilian store it can't find it =( https://psprices.com/region-br/search/?q=DRIVECLUB&sort=price&page=1

Turn the map off and use the flags to see turns instead. You'll learn the tracks much quicker and your eyes won't be stuck on the mini-map.

I will try that. Maybe even disable the whole HUD. There are plenty of options in the game, Its really great that you can have cockpit camera and the outside engine noise.

Top Bottom