• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

YAYYYYY!

50ppp is best. Sorry I haven't got anything exciting to post :-(

100pp

So what's the opinions on GT:S then, seems the trailer was made from an old build but it really did seem underwhelming. Looking at some of the shots from the version that's being played there has been improvements already.

I have to say that as long as it's a rock solid 60fps I'm looking forward to playing it and getting some big grid races going. I think all I ask for now in a game is a stable frame rate and no screen tear, regardless of 30/60 Driveclub has shown me that if you're a SOLID 30 then there is nothing detracted from the game.

xrnzaaas

Yeah I wasn't sold on the trailer of GTS. I mean I get it that it's a very different game from DC, but I have my pCARS (which looks and plays really good) and Assetto Corsa is coming out soon as well so I see no reason why I should be waiting for that game. Unless it drastically improves I'll be buying it a year later when it's on some huge sale and that's just because I need to own every decent racing game out there. ;p

I guess it depends on how much it's been built around PSVR for me - it'd be an explanation for the underwhelming visuals. If you can play the entire game in VR then I'm defo in.

Think I'll be heading back to Project Cars for a while until GT turns up. Surprised we've never gotten together for some races on there, I know GT used to have the weekend leagues, but nothing seemed to be done with Project Cars at least on the PS4 that I know of.

Auctopus

Anyone know what Auctopus got banned for?

Didn't seem like anyone was interested in the challenge this week, so I played UC4 and DS3 yesterday instead. Oops.

I was wondering about Auctopus too.

Ergh!

Not too sure about Auctopus, this thread seemed a graveyard for first page posters of which he is one.

Thanks for the concern, guys! :)

I'm back, it was just a weekly ban, thankfully. Yes, Trolley it was due to my comment in that thread. I had actually read the whole article and hadn't called it clickbait but still got lumped in with the banwave. No point in arguing, I probably did deserve it as I could've added something more constructive, lol.

I'm funemployed for the next month or so and finally sinking my teeth into my backlog...

Any GAF clubs with open spots looking for folks? I'm local to Chicago if that matters.

My PSN is citizencaine909

Thanks!

xrnzaaas

Think I'll be heading back to Project Cars for a while until GT turns up. Surprised we've never gotten together for some races on there, I know GT used to have the weekend leagues, but nothing seemed to be done with Project Cars at least on the PS4 that I know of.

I didn't play pCARS multiplayer too much, but I hear a lot of hardcore MP players saying that is sucked and still sucks since the MP code wasn't rewritten or anything like that (what's awful is the game likes to crash a lot especially during endurance MP races). As for the eSports angle, SMS organized a lot of events, I don't know if they were successful or not. I've spent >90% of the time in singleplayer career mode and enjoyed the hell out of it even in the early (buggy :)) versions.

Bouniter

Bouniter takes round 8 from #1 Defender with Sirenty in 3rd.

This means it's still all to play for at the top between Sirenty and Bouniter, all mathematically possible for Defender too but he'd need and amazing last couple of rounds :)

Woo I'm in with a shot even after not having time to put may runs in for the previous few weeks...

Round 9 challenges have been posted, and we're back on the bikes....

Oh Bikes.... Or not why would you raise and crush my hopes like that DHC =b

Sorry I haven't posted for a while been really busy. The last 2 drift events have been fantastic though great choices DHC did you vet them first for possible exploity corners cause neither of them had any and it was great. just wish I had more time to spend on the previous one.

le-seb

I've played this game again yesterday for a few hours, after a long break from video games.
And all I have to say is that it's still as good as the first time. <3

Woo I'm in with a shot even after not having time to put may runs in for the previous few weeks...

Oh Bikes.... Or not why would you raise and crush my hopes like that DHC =b

Sorry I haven't posted for a while been really busy. The last 2 drift events have been fantastic though great choices DHC did you vet them first for possible exploity corners cause neither of them had any and it was great. just wish I had more time to spend on the previous one.

I thought you'd done pretty well on the bikes previously :) It was just luck regarding the drift events lack of exploits tbh, i've just gone for something that seemed a bit tricky and it's worked.

Screenshot_2016_05_23_19_29_39.png

Another win for Sirenty and that's won him this round. Still a battle on for the rest of the top 5 however.

Woooo, broke into the 27s. That was a lot of fun.

Glad you enjoyed it bud, bikes have always been one of your strongest events.

It'll probably come as no surprise to you when I say that I've decided to call it quits on the weekly events. We've had a great 5 month run but I think it's time is up. I've posted the final challenge so please give it a go.

Cheers :)

Shane86

Just bought this and the season pass for €8.99, bargain!

But it keeps signing me out of the online features, anyone else having this issue?

I've played this game again yesterday for a few hours, after a long break from video games.
And all I have to say is that it's still as good as the first time. <3
Did this last night, too. Booted it up to muck about in Photo Mode as thinking of getting a panoramic canvas made up.

Was amazed how quickly I slotted back into putting in competitive times.

ZalXII

Some vids from the "old" Driveclub and before my registration here. Timeframe starts a week after release up to a few months:

Missed the start here due to making some coffee, still one of my greatest memories even without the win:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt2fu9Ne0fU

Some Time Trials:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw-CFWmHWgY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDktGjEZpeo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX7kM58P-3I

Another MP race with a crazy tight moment on the Kyle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjLvBYhKAeQ

Great hunt after a crash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_tjNaO1yGE

Well, weather was new and i just felt the urge to do one 10 lap AI race before going to bed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTRn6DgG9q4

Very tight race with some poeple of my friendlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL344TGNFzY

Because of the passing maneuver at the start of round 3. Man, i will never do such a beauty again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFSRav_XrY0

I admit i was a little proud back then:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRj0DrMibMA
and again when this happend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4iXm2gmNSY

Very bad first 2 laps, then just catching up the next 2 laps and finally someone in range from the fith lap on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt0sAkMTmZs

Yeah, replays were new so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rrHiFcKw5s

EDIT: Lol at no post for 2 days and then three poeple writing one at the same time. Man, that car is beautiful Tommi.

Auctopus

Currently working on the Bikes Platinum as they were the only trophies I never got it and I'm just constantly reminded of how much of a crime it was sending this game to its death.

One thing I'd love to hear Sony talk about at E3 is support of Driveclub.

Does anybody know a decent way to get affinity with specific car manufacturers?

I want the S65 AMG but it's such a grind trying to use Mercedes in everything, especially when it levels so slowly.

Does anybody know a decent way to get affinity with specific car manufacturers?

I want the S65 AMG but it's such a grind trying to use Mercedes in everything, especially when it levels so slowly.

What i did in cases like that was revisit tour events tied to a certain manufacturer while trying to improve my times, set up my own races and try to win them on hardest difficulty, take part in developer and user created challenges featuring that manufacturer. Basically, avoid the feeling of grinding by going after certain goals. Do you have the season pass? If you do, i would do all the Mercedes related tour events first.

What i did in cases like that was revisit tour events tied to a certain manufacturer while trying to improve my times, set up my own races and try to win them on hardest difficulty, take part in developer and user created challenges featuring that manufacturer. Basically, avoid the feeling of grinding by going after certain goals. Do you have the season pass? If you do, i would do all the Mercedes related tour events first.

I do have the season pass but I think I've finished everything besides the Finish Line stuff, if there were any tour events with that?

Also are challenges a PS+ thing or do they just require a connection? Because I don't have PS+ on my account.

5taquitos

I do have the season pass but I think I've finished everything besides the Finish Line stuff, if there were any tour events with that?

Also are challenges a PS+ thing or do they just require a connection? Because I don't have PS+ on my account.

I do believe challenges require PS+.

Nah, challenges don't need PS+, I've never paid for it and I've done tons of challenges.

Never mind then!

AMG

Neo Member
The realisation has now sunk in that we won't get any other racing game giving us regular new car updates the same way Driveclub did. Gran Turismo Sport won't be doing it in any way the same. Maybe vision GT cars and the few odd ones but Driveclub had set a new nice standard. Why the hell didn't Sony keep it running? Such a solid game and it quickly became a true example of what the PS4 could do. I'm a real Gran Turismo fan and had hoped it would pick up the mantle but it looks less and less likely. I'm sure it will be a great game but there is room for both GT and Driveclub, both simulator and arcade! Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my mind. &#9785;&#65039;

Tommi84

The realisation has now sunk in that we won't get any other racing game giving us regular new car updates the same way Driveclub did.
Even though I'm cautiously (my god, what a difficult word to write) optimistic, I'm really hoping that Codemasters will allow the same freedom/support for old-Evolution Studios members. Codemasters did (are doing) a great job with Dirt Rally support :)

The realisation has now sunk in that we won't get any other racing game giving us regular new car updates the same way Driveclub did. Gran Turismo Sport won't be doing it in any way the same. Maybe vision GT cars and the few odd ones but Driveclub had set a new nice standard. Why the hell didn't Sony keep it running? Such a solid game and it quickly became a true example of what the PS4 could do. I'm a real Gran Turismo fan and had hoped it would pick up the mantle but it looks less and less likely. I'm sure it will be a great game but there is room for both GT and Driveclub, both simulator and arcade! Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my mind. &#9785;&#65039;

Well 'apparently' Sony will still be supporting Driveclub but given we've heard nothing since the layoffs I'm certainly not hopeful at all, maybe we might hear something at E3.

I use to look forward to Rushy teasing us on twitter about the new packs every month and now .............. ;((

Well done to ZalXII on taking his second win of the round, with Sirenty in close proximity and Knavish closing out the top 3.

Screenshot_2016_05_30_06_46_02.png

ZalXII's win took him above #1 Defender to claim the third place overall but it wasn't enough to take the number two spot from Bouniter with Sirenty winning the season with his 3 challenge wins (and string of excellent results).

Thanks to everyone who took part and great to see a good turnout for the final event.

Well done to ZalXII on taking his second win of the round, with Sirenty in close proximity and Knavish closing out the top 3.

Screenshot_2016_05_30_06_46_02.png

ZalXII's win took him above #1 Defender to claim the third place overall but it wasn't enough to take the number two spot from Bouniter with Sirenty winning the season with his 3 challenge wins (and string of excellent results).

Thanks to everyone who took part and great to see a good turnout for the final event.

I was a bit disappointed to see myself lose 3rd place in the final week, but it was absolutely deserved by ZalXII, even more so considering he skipped one event. That was a stellar run. I'm still more than happy having made it into the top 5 with such quality competition. Congrats to everyone that made the podium!

AMG

Neo Member
Even though I'm cautiously (my god, what a difficult word to write) optimistic, I'm really hoping that Codemasters will allow the same freedom/support for old-Evolution Studios members. Codemasters did (are doing) a great job with Dirt Rally support :)
I am hopeful for this too! &#128591;&#127997;

Those packs kept the game fresh! Now I don't play as much but still marvel at it when I do. &#128076;&#127997;

Yeah! There are still so many cars I would have loved to see added into the game but it is what it is. I also don't play as much but when I do it's still a great experience.

I'm trying to impress a friend with DC's dynamic weather/time of day combos in a limited time and since just putting the settings to random yields, well, random results, i'd like to showcase him some of the tour events that have especially beautiful conditions. The problem is, after hundreds of events, it has all become a blur for me and i don't currently have the time to check through all of them. Therefore i would appreciate if you guys have some recommendations regarding your favorite eye candy tour events. :)

Auctopus

I'm trying to impress a friend with DC's dynamic weather/time of day combos in a limited time and since just putting the settings to random yields, well, random results, i'd like to showcase him some of the tour events that have especially beautiful conditions. The problem is, after hundreds of events, it has all become a blur for me and i don't currently have the time to check through all of them. Therefore i would appreciate if you guys have some recommendations regarding your favorite eye candy tour events. :)

Not a tour event but...

Sinclair Pass
4am (Time Speed x60)
Medium or Dynamic rain.
BMW M4

Sirenty

Spent the last couple days grinding the weekend warrior trophy and got the Bikes platinum. Finally have 100% in both DC and bikes.

No more weekly challenges? Man, it sucks how dead it's gotten.

Spent the last couple days grinding the weekend warrior trophy and got the Bikes platinum. Finally have 100% in both DC and bikes.

No more weekly challenges? Man, it sucks how dead it's gotten.

No I'm not issuing the weekly challenges any more but there was still some interest (we always had 10 entrants at least) so if anyone else wants to take it on then I'm more than happy to send them my spreadsheets etc.

Tommi84

1920241.jpg

Trying to complete those Elite Levels myself. At least it keeps me occupied ;). But there're so other games to play :(

krioto

looks like we're not even getting the usual rolling double xp events anymore either.
thanks sony - this has been an unprecedented period of support - it's like evolution was never closed....

mitchlol

I've been searching but can't find a definitive answer.

I'm looking at getting a G29 + shifter for PS4 and want to know if Driveclub supports clutch + shifter I know PCars does so I'm happy to get that but also want to know if it's worth getting Driveclub.

cooldawn

Well 'apparently' Sony will still be supporting Driveclub but given we've heard nothing since the layoffs I'm certainly not hopeful at all, maybe we might hear something at E3.
Sony need to come out and say whether DriveClub is still something they support. I dearly hope they will. Evolutions work shouldn't be ditched just like that.

Any chance there's a NeoGAF race or two...or even Time Trial going on exclusively using Hardcore mode that I can be a part of?

Auctopus

Sony need to come out and say whether DriveClub is still something they support. I dearly hope they will. Evolutions work shouldn't be ditched just like that.

Any chance there's a NeoGAF race or two...or even Time Trial going on exclusively using Hardcore mode that I can be a part of?

I've been with Playstation since the PS1 and one thing they are absolutely terrible at is communication. I'm expecting that they'll never mention the franchise again.

cooldawn

I've been with Playstation since the PS1 and one thing they are absolutely terrible at is communication. I'm expecting that they'll never mention the franchise again.
Me too. I know...I was looking out for hope.

Sony, please do something with this game.

ty_hot

Sorry for asking this, but the 'driveclub full game and season pass bundle' comes with everything the game has to offer? Or the bikes are not there?

and another PSN/PS+ question, I created my account when I lived in Brazil, now I am in Spain and can't change my region. I can have a PS4 here and use that Brazilian account, right? ofc i will be paying in brazilian money and only have access to the discounts in there... just wanted to be sure that I wont have any real problem by doing it.

Top Bottom