• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yardwork before noon should be punishable by death. Some of us were up drinking all night, have some consideration.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Nice post in that thread Elly, I know it probably had nothing to do with me, but if we ever met irl, I would buy you a beer.

Found out my grandma has cancer today

Sucks.

I'll never understand this quitting GAF mentality. Unless you got shit to do and you literally can't break away from GAF to do them then it's not the problem.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'll never understand this quitting GAF mentality. Unless you got shit to do and you literally can't break away from GAF to do them then it's not the problem.
A lot of the times its the person and not the addiction but when it comes to something like social media it's way easier to just quit it and forget about it. That's what I had to do with face book. Not using it wasn't helping because I'd still find myself on it eventually.

quitting is fine.. great really but dont announce it.. are you looking for people to be like noooooo please stay!!

just fade into the ether

goddamn im still drunk from last night

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
quitting is fine.. great really but dont announce it.. are you looking for people to be like noooooo please stay!!

just fade into the ether

goddamn im still drunk from last night
Seriously. It looks lame when you make a formal announcement of it, and it looks even lamer when you inevitably return. If you have better things to do your GAF time will decrease naturally, if you're annoyed with the forums just pull yourself away quietly.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Did you assholes maybe stop to think that the reason people announce it is just in case they want to keep in contact with you. People are to lazy to send PMs themselves. They'd rather announce it and then have you send your number.

Had a shitload of work to do this past week and I kept my gaf time to a minimum as a result.
I've noticed.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Did you assholes maybe stop to think that the reason people announce it is just in case they want to keep in contact with you. People are to lazy to send PMs themselves. They'd rather announce it and then have you send your number.

Cry about it?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
One time I took a two week break from gaf and it was awesome. Constantly filtering your thoughts down into posts totally affects you. Especially since now we all have computers with literally all the time. There's no "getting away from it" its with you even more than your wallet. It's part of why I quit twitter, that shit was even more intrusive than gaf. Everytime you haven the most remotely clever thought you're like "gotta tweet that shit." The Internet wasn't nearly as intrusive back when we had to view it on these big stationary terminals, but now it's with at all times.

I just bought some gardenias for my mom, bought a six pack of heinekins too. I guess we're gonna go leave some flowers at my grandmothers grave later... definitely don't want to be sober for that shit.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, my mom has a hella nice car. I've never been in it before, it's like a 2013 passat. Going to my grandmas grave. My dad bought PBR, lol. My family is so weird.

One time I took a two week break from gaf and it was awesome. Constantly filtering your thoughts down into posts totally affects you. Especially since now we all have computers with literally all the time. There's no "getting away from it" its with you even more than your wallet. It's part of why I quit twitter, that shit was even more intrusive than gaf. Everytime you haven the most remotely clever thought you're like "gotta tweet that shit." The Internet wasn't nearly as intrusive back when we had to view it on these big stationary terminals, but now it's with at all times.
luckily for me, my thoughts are short and superficial so gaf is a natural fit.

we should buy each other's grave stones.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I want all the relevant people of my life to pour 40's of bud light into my casket before burying me so I can marinate in that shit for eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom