• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

drunk as shit and gotta wake up in 4 hours for that interview

uhh.. wish me luck

edit: oh wait missing the selfie

eU8ijAg.jpg

I don't see why people say looks dont matter. I was on break today and these two chicks were like showing each other pics of guys they know and talking about how cute or hot or whatever they were.

why do we tell ourselves these lies instead of embracing what's real and pushing forward.

let us destroy usc together.

it's possible but I only got a 3.5 GPA and I'm not sure if it's worth splurging the cash for.

Salsa

I think it went well, will find out in a few hours I guess

here's the thing tho: ussually jobs like these give you 10-15 days off in January (start of summer); this one doesnt, since we work for US clients.

problem with that: each summer I do a big vacation thing where my brothers and sisters come home (bro in Chile, sis in Brazil) and we stay 15 days in this beach house chillin, and I kinda love that shit and not being able to do it is a pretty big deal, its like recharging batteries for the start of the year and the only time I get to see my full family, so yeah if I get it I think i'll take the first 2 months of salary and call it quits to be honest. It aint like its a job in my area anyway, its just sending emails and doing IT work.

guess it'd be hard to quit that kind of money tho

Kwixotik

I think it went well, will find out in a few hours I guess

here's the thing tho: ussually jobs like these give you 10-15 days off in January (start of summer); this one doesnt, since we work for US clients.

problem with that: each summer I do a big vacation thing where my brothers and sisters come home (bro in Chile, sis in Brazil) and we stay 15 days in this beach house chillin, and I kinda love that shit and not being able to do it is a pretty big deal, so yeah if I get it I think i'll take the first 2 months of salary and call it quits to be honest. It aint like its a job in my area anyway, its just sending emails and doing IT work.

US vacation time is bullshit. I'm bout to emigrate over it.

Salsa

US vacation time is bullshit. I'm bout to emigrate over it.

I dont get time off on local holidays/special dates either, but I do in US ones

so I can like, stay at home 4th of July while nothing happens cause its Uruguay

anyway, might not even get it so bleh

place was nuts tho, straight up silicon valley kinda thing where it felt like a whole huge ass neighberhood full of people in suits taking advantage of free food with a magnetic card and shit, huge screens everywhere promoting like vacation plans for workers or whatever the shit

it's like a club, everyone was in golf carts

Salsa

thanks yall

Im kinda bummed tho cause it is kind of a privileged position and I just know im gonna be out within 2 months. 9 hour shift + 3 hour bus ride in total (to go there + come back. Its in the middle of nowhere) + no vacation = dead

hopefully i'll stick with it those 2 months at least and get some decent moneys to have a kickass summer. starting to realize that the salary is great probably because of those same inconveniences

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I just saw Mac hit on a guy in another thread (on gaming side) and it wasn't one of us. Fuck you Mac. Come receive your scarlet letter.

ZeroRay

Grats Salsa!

I haven't gotten the call yet. Torn on whether or not I should feel good or bad if they accept me. I'll probably take it since I'm not really in a position to bargain atm.

Kwixotik

I got 96th percentile on the verbal GRE on 5 hours of sleep over two days and only really studying the morning of. I'm a boss.

But I'm also stressed as fuck because apparently the grad school I have the best chance of getting into has applications due on Friday and I thought the deadline was at the end of next month. I also have a huge lab report due on Friday and tons of physics homework I don't know how to do due yesterday. Still gotta write my personal essay for that application.

I'm shutting down, guys.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I got 96th percentile on the verbal GRE on 5 hours of sleep over two days and only really studying the morning of. I'm a boss.

But I'm also stressed as fuck because apparently the grad school I have the best chance of getting into has applications due on Friday and I thought the deadline was at the end of next month. I also have a huge lab report due on Friday and tons of physics homework I don't know how to do due yesterday. Still gotta write my personal essay for that application.

I'm shutting down, guys.
When are you doing the written test? And what is the verbal test like? I'll be doing in a about two years. I graduated a few months ago but I'm taking a break right now.

Kwixotik

When are you doing the written test? And what is the verbal test like? I'll be doing in a about two years. I graduated a few months ago but I'm taking a break right now.

The written test, verbal, and quantitative are all taken on the same day. It's like 4.5 hours long and you get your verbal and quantitative scores back immediately. I got about 75th percentile on the quantitative section.

The verbal test is like half vocab (choose one word to complete the sentence, fill in 2 or 3 blanks from 3 word choices each, or choose two words to fill in the blank that will give the sentence the same meaning) and half reading comprehension/logic. I didn't think it was too bad, but I majored in English.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The written test, verbal, and quantitative are all taken on the same day. It's like 4.5 hours long and you get your verbal and quantitative scores back immediately. I got about 75th percentile on the quantitative section.

The verbal test is like half vocab (choose one word to complete the sentence, fill in 2 or 3 blanks from 3 word choices each, or choose two words to fill in the blank that will give the sentence the same meaning) and half reading comprehension/logic. I didn't think it was too bad, but I majored in English.
Nicen!!!! Hahaha I can't wait to get back into school even though I hated it when I graduated lol.

Gvaz

Banned
You can't deny those red highlights are fucking dope though dude. If my hair was dark enough I'd totally do red, blue or even purple highlights.

Badass cut, man.

I'm actually gonna dye the long part auburn. nothing orange or vibrant red or whatever just a tint

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on my fourth IPA but all I can feel is the sugar high from all the Halloween candy I've been eating.

Salsa

this tiny ass but totally visible during use scratch on my phone is bothering me more than it should

dat resale price going down

lesson learned

why are these damn things so expensive

I'm actually gonna dye the long part auburn. nothing orange or vibrant red or whatever just a tint
Dope dude. I'm trying to do the same thing with my hair but more blonde than auburn (I have lighter hair than you). Let me know in the hair thread if it turns out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom