• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread again

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
I have a scar on the back of my hand from when I was ~6 years old and a smoker accidentally dropped ash on it.

I was climbing a ladder on a kick ass ship while watching blue angels fly by during fleet week. That day fucking ruled.

edit: as for now tallboys of carlsberg, cheddar and owning in ticket to ride

MazeHaze

Banned
Well, it's time to drink myself to sleep again. Been doing this most days lately, enjoying Christmas Ale from Great Lakes. Any of you fellow drunks have any grief advice? I lost my fiancee to cancer in October, and I just don't know what the hell to do, besides drink, and post on the internet. I only get a couple hours of sleep a night. I wanted to make some sort of topic, but I guess I can't. Is there some sort of grieving thread or something on here?

AcridMeat

Banned
Wow that's awful I'm sorry for your loss Maze. :( That's tragic, keep the good times close to your heart.

It's understandable to be on a bender like this, but remember to keep doing things that she would look at you and be proud of.

That's a weird way of saying that, someone make me sound smarter and better.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I dont understand the hate for the 3ds mario, granted im only an hour in or so, but it feels like paper mario and is fucking great.

Yuripaw

Banned
heeey guys....this the drunk thread? drinking alone sucks, but i kinda got drunk because i was tired of being bullied in another thread. all we had it has brandy in the house....but it'll do. the world feels like it's spinning, but ill be damned if i let words go spelled wrong too much.

ZeroRay

Me and my homeboys were spittin verses with Action Bronson, or at least an approximation of him.

Yo, cop and you MIami dudes, hit us up at Billy's Pub Too over at North Miami,

Minus_Me

Well, it's time to drink myself to sleep again. Been doing this most days lately, enjoying Christmas Ale from Great Lakes. Any of you fellow drunks have any grief advice? I lost my fiancee to cancer in October, and I just don't know what the hell to do, besides drink, and post on the internet. I only get a couple hours of sleep a night. I wanted to make some sort of topic, but I guess I can't. Is there some sort of grieving thread or something on here?

My sincerest apologies and condolences.

The first day of class our professor tells us this story about when she was in school her professor made a test with some trick question worth 50% of the entire thing. She tells us how she understands what it's like.

She then proceeds to make a bunch of tests with trick answers, grades everything strictly, falls way behind schedule and just starts dropping random tests on us without notice and now we're basically scrambling to finish the semester rushing through 4 chapters in 3 class days. The irony is laughable if I wasn't stressing passing the class.

Minus_Me

The weather is holding at 0c and its quite nice outside. There's this nice slow clumpy snow falling and the old port looks spectacular. I'm having some mulled wine outside while I people watch a bit. Love this type of weather sooooo much.

strobogo

Banned
This is my 5th out of 8 nights drinking.. I'm out of Canadian Hunter after tonight and need to get more tomorrow. This last glass is pretty much straight.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Drinkin beers, it's snowing like crazy. Q4 has been pretty dope so far for me. Escaped that whole solitude thing and being myself to the max.

I can honestly say college has been a miserable time for me. I could take the negatives if there were positives like meeting nice people or getting laid but I only meet jerks and whatever action I'm getting is coming from outside of school.

If I've learned anything is that unless you wanna do something very specific like marine biology or become a doctor then it could really be for nothing. Everyone knows that guy who got a 4.0 at some Ivy League and has no job and yet there's high school drop outs who strike it rich. Hell, my brother in law went to one of the top tech universities in the world for electrical engineering and he works like a dog for low pay 10+ years later.

It's a matter of knowing the right people, luck, and doing the right things.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
At least your suffering will produce results. Maybe it won't pay off instantly, but it will eventuallly. Better than working some shit job with no end in sight.

Cope come to MI and we will light this town up

kehs

Banned
Oh, I'll come to you alright

I keep dozing off while driving after not drinking for about two days, It might be related to my drinking, I'm not sure yet.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It is weird being a guy who spent 90% of his adult life in one relationship. Everyone else has such a long checkered sexual history. It's normal but running into a bunch of dudes that happened to be my current girls ex hook ups can test my character. Human brains are so lame.

J. Bravo

holy shit so I worked 2-10 last night, played ball til 1130, came home and read until 3am then slept til 5 got up and went to work at 6, worked til 2, lifted, balled, and hot tubbed until 530, then went to bdubs and a cigar bar until like 20 minutes ago. long ass couple of days but had some fun. got a nice buzz from the 2 tank 7s. gonna read some and go to sleep and get some much needed rest.

kehs

Banned
I want every night to be the night I feel drunk, so that the next day all I think about is the next night until I get drunk again.

Tomorrow is wednesday, fuck that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've been with 2 girls in my life.
4 here, excluding a few nights of messing around. I guess it's my fault for being comitted so long, so much can happen in that time, but maybe theres some value in being pure lol. It is a rare quality among normAl people this age.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Haha, life is all about finding the silver lining. It's all so shitty but you gotta make the best of it and cope or just die alone and sad.

My barber started texting me out of the blue and now he just asked me out. How do I get out of this situation without getting an "accidental" buzz cut next time around? I'd prefer to not have to switch shops.

If he was unambiguously asking you on a date, say something along the lines of "I'd love to man, if only I swung that way, haha" or whatever, you have the tact to word it effectively. As long as you make it clear that you aren't into dudes, it'll be fine.

He has encountered this situation many, many times. He won't be bitter about rejection from a straightie.

You think it's better to just say it outright? Or can I get away with the whole "I already made plans with the girl I'm seeing. Thanks for the invitation though" line?

You think it's better to just say it outright? Or can I get away with the whole "I already made plans with the girl I'm seeing. Thanks for the invitation though" line?

Yes, your way is the better way to do it.

He has definitely approached straight guys before and gotten the business from them, so he knows what's up.

kehs

Banned
Two notes:

If you call a girl a cunt and she's like lol....thats an awesome person

Two, room hopping only for awesome people.

kehs

Banned
zero, im gonna go play pool at billiard club tomorrow.

Look out for the dark looking dude cracking the shit out of eightballs.

SolKane

I spent the last hour or so pulling some old music off my mac HD... got those old girl talk albums going, makes me miss college something fierce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom