• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread again

Status
Not open for further replies.
man clutches area a thing now. don't be afraid breh

valentino.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, work is killing me. I deal with so much shit on Fridays. Definitely gonna annihilate some brain cells tonight.

Copernicus please don't leave, OG drunk threaders 4 life.

J. Bravo

question for you guys, don't feel it deserves a thread.

I got hired on at this company at the paltry wage of $8/hr back in April. No raises until a year, so I got a while. Possibly getting a promotion to supervisor whenever the current one leaves.

But, we just hired a new guy. I'm pretty good friends with him. He's starting at the slightly less paltry wage of $9/hr. Same department, same position, but he started 8 months after me. Should I say something to my manager? Ask him about a raise or something?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
question for you guys, don't feel it deserves a thread.

I got hired on at this company at the paltry wage of $8/hr back in April. No raises until a year, so I got a while. Possibly getting a promotion to supervisor whenever the current one leaves.

But, we just hired a new guy. I'm pretty good friends with him. He's starting at the slightly less paltry wage of $9/hr. Same department, same position, but he started 8 months after me. Should I say something to my manager? Ask him about a raise or something?

You should definitely speak with your manager about a raise, but I would avoid bringing up your friend's rate of pay in the conversation. It's a little unprofessional, and it could be counterproductive. Just focus on why you deserve one without bringing up anyone else. Maybe your situation is different, but my manager would not be happy if I brought up someone else's wages, that shit's not supposed to be openly discussed.

J. Bravo

You should definitely speak with your manager about a raise, but I would avoid bringing up your friend's rate of pay in the conversation. It's a little unprofessional, and it could be counterproductive. Just focus on why you deserve one without bringing up anyone else. Maybe your situation is different, but my manager would not be happy if I brought up someone else's wages, that shit's not supposed to be openly discussed.

okay, that's pretty much what I figured. thanks snuggles.

Yeah seconding snuggles here. Focus on you and why you deserve the raise, and be ready with examples of why. Bringing up a coworker will likely sour things.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Still down. Can't think of many better ways to go out.

Emotions suck. How do you purge them from your body.

Oh yeah, drinking. At least I'm on the right track.

kehs

Banned
Nah, drinking just makes them worse.

But being alive and miserable is still being better than being dead inside.

Gvaz

Banned
"This position has been filled." welp where's the liquor

I'm likely going to lose my job because i was running late for a day i volunteered to work and almost got hit by a car, so i wasn't paying attention to the time, i realized i needed to punch in later on and did the manual punch i needed to do anyways, but there was a difference of half an hour (i thought i came in at 12 and it was 1230) for a job that i've been working on for five months so they thought i was doing time theft. management says they believe me but because people at that store have tried to time theft in the past they have to push it up to corporate, and who gives a fuck about a cashier who's technically at least in numbers that anyone can see, better than everyone else in his position who is part time?

I guess i should drink heavily while looking for a new job

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Every bar band here sounds the same. Always that white dude jam band shit. I really should devise an escape plan. I wanna keep me but not muxh else

kris.

Banned
company christmas party was tonight
open bar
the wine flowed like wine
also there was boulevard wheat
im drunk and its only 10
i feel like i accomplished something tonight!!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Drunk now killing a bittle of wine with this girl thats making things weird. Love u blame space hang around bro

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's not weird I'm just a dick. Gonna get over it and show her some love. I' m drunk

Bs we gotta hang out dude/

don't you love when that kicks in? you're like.. i'm not being weird, i'm just being an asshole. i'm noticing it a lot more lately. get over it. show her some love snuggler. true love exists.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I def have some deep seated issues with committment and other shit. It's hard to process some stuff.

Pettiness, jealousy and insecurity are shitty but essential aspects of the human experience. You can't really control the way you feel, but you can control how you act upon those feelings. Gotta focus on that, no point in being a passiv aggresive dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom