• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread again

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
I saw your posts on steam! Congrats!
I don't know how the hell I'm ever going to make it to the city of gold. I've never even gotten the ankh yet. Always either fail at killing all those shopkeepers or don't have enough money.
i want a girl who will laugh for no one else.
when im away she puts her makeup on the shelf.
I told her she looks better without it.

Listening to Tomorrow's Harvest again. It's fucking with my head to be honest.

Minus_Me

I don't know how the hell I'm ever going to make it to the city of gold. I've never even gotten the ankh yet. Always either fail at killing all those shopkeepers or don't have enough money.

I told her she looks better without it.

Listening to Tomorrow's Harvest again. It's fucking with my head to be honest.

Fun Fact: I got a job offer at The National Film Board of Canada of which the Boards of Canada are named.

Edit: I really enjoyed that album, fucking expensive vinyl at 35 bucks.

AcridMeat

Banned
Fun Fact: I got a job offer at The National Film Board of Canada of which the Boards of Canada are named.

Edit: I really enjoyed that album, fucking expensive vinyl at 35 bucks.
What happened?

Yeah that vinyl is stupid. Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works 2 was $35 too fucking lame.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Drinking a blonde Belgian ale and feeling really I miss you.

Building up my bluray collection. Any must haves you guys think I should get? Keep in mind I only care about movies that have good HD transfers and benefit from it. Like Bladerunner is a bluray kind of movie because it's good, it has great audio, and great cinematography.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I own the original matrix on bluray and lost season2.
The matrix bluray bugs me because its the redone color grading they put around 2004 to better match with the sequels, and lost is pretty ok.

I want superjail on bluray.

I only have a bluray drive in my pc and i rip the video content out of the disk into an uncompressed mkv and watch them that way.

Minus_Me

Building up my bluray collection. Any must haves you guys think I should get? Keep in mind I only care about movies that have good HD transfers and benefit from it. Like Bladerunner is a bluray kind of movie because it's good, it has great audio, and great cinematography.

2001: A Space Odyssey
A Scanner Darkly

AcridMeat

Banned
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Scanner Darkly
You stole my suggestion. Fifth Element is another.

The blu-rays I own, Alien box-set, Ocean trilogy, A Scanner Darkly, Battle Royale, Cabin in the Woods. I think that's it. I need to get Fifth Element at some point since that's one of my favorite movies. I just have the dvd already.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I own more HDDVDs than I do blurays, lol.
I remember when all the kubrick stuff was hitting hddvd and I was like "ha, I so made the right bet."

The videostore in berkeley id frequent called reel video always knew me as the hddvd guy. Because they had cheap ass rentals and didnt have a surcharge for new formats. So I'd go in like everyday and rent shit.

Minus_Me

Fifth Element is one of my favourite movies, hands down. I've bought and re bought that movie so many damn times I've lost count. VHS>Laser Disc>DVD>Special edition DVD>some other other version DVD>First release Blu Ray>Re-Issue Blu Ray>Rare Japanese Import Blu Ray.

AcridMeat

Banned
My cool fifth element related thing is this on my bedroom wall.
FIFTH-ELEMENT-PREVIEW1-767x1024-600x801.jpg

Was jamming so hard to this, but now Arpeggiator by Fugazi.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The Fifth Element never really transcended the medium for me. It was just another kooky movie.
But its the first time I remember seeing Milla Jovovich whos become one of my favorite action stars these days.

the lady is fuckin awesome, and i havent even seen ultraviolet.

ScrubJay

Looks like my old folks have decided where to retire. It's too damn expensive for me to afford. Two months from now I'm moving out. Welp.

AcridMeat

Banned
The Fifth Element never really transcended the medium for me. It was just another kooky movie.
But its the first time I remember seeing Milla Jovovich whos become one of my favorite action stars these days.

the lady is fuckin awesome, and i havent even seen ultraviolet.
I wouldn't say it transcended anything for me. It's just one of my favorite movies. Best Chris Tucker performance, Bruce Willis with bleached hair, Gary Oldman as a crazy man, kick ass vision of the future, Jovavich's everything. It's just fun, and that's all I come to movies for.
I can't I'm now blind.

Noshino

dont listen to lili, there are hawt persians out there

The blu-rays I own, Alien box-set, Ocean trilogy, A Scanner Darkly, Battle Royale, Cabin in the Woods. I think that's it. I need to get Fifth Element at some point since that's one of my favorite movies. I just have the dvd already.

missing america's classic franchise the fast & the furious

Minus_Me

I wouldn't say it transcended anything for me. It's just one of my favorite movies. Best Chris Tucker performance, Bruce Willis with bleached hair, Gary Oldman as a crazy man, kick ass vision of the future, Jovavich's everything. It's just fun, and that's all I come to movies for.
I can't I'm now blind.

Not to mention that Bruce Willis being tardy for the project led Besson to make Leon in the mean time.

The Sweet Smell of Success is one of the best looking Blu Rays I have ever seen. Kind of an innocuous movie to have such high fidelity, but man is it pretty. Also, a good start to the Criterion Collection hustle.

I think I have like 120 at this point. Gonna be fun shipping those all to NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom