• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread: anonymous alcoholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

lush

Just helped this chick move some shit in to her place after getting back from break and i knew what i was getting in to but alas she got completely wasted and i wasnt even buzzed and it got terrible immediately and awkward as shit and i freaked and used my car which was illegally parked down the street as an excuse to bail and now she's texting me and im weird and left only wondering what happened. Out of cereal too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You can share real shit I will listen

We had a serious discussion about what she wants. She wants a lot of things that are perfectly reasonable given the situation we are in, but she also seems to want me to give up everything and change into a different person. I'm a square peg and she needs me to find a way into a round hole.

But if I don't make this work, then she's gone. Like by the end of the week if I don't go all in. And I'll be locked out of the whole situation. How can I live with that? I don't want to be a deadbeat.

Oh well.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That's heavy, but as you said reasonable. It seems that you're being asked to essentially become a father in a very very short amount of time. It seems you know what you need to do though.

coldvein

Banned
We had a serious discussion about what she wants. She wants a lot of things that are perfectly reasonable given the situation we are in, but she also seems to want me to give up everything and change into a different person. I'm a square peg and she needs me to find a way into a round hole.

But if I don't make this work, then she's gone. Like by the end of the week if I don't go all in. And I'll be locked out of the whole situation. How can I live with that? I don't want to be a deadbeat.

Oh well.

what exactly do you need to get done by the end of the week?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It sounds like snuggler had some serious ultimatum type shit foisted upon him.. impatient to hear the story.
We're here like a hammock on a warm summer day, snuggler. Just close your eyes and lay down. We got you. Though the branch will probably snap.

froakie 4 lyfe

ead haters

I've seen you repping the 'mon these last few dozens of hours. I'm hyped too.
Restarted my black game, but this time with a guide. This girl who's tied to my hip sometimes is only kind of excited but shes a jaded hater (i think really its cause she cant afford a 3ds right now). She likes chespin.
Just rewatched the nintendo direct.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Incoming serious text, scroll past.

It sounds like snuggler had some serious ultimatum type shit foisted upon him.. impatient to hear the story.
We're here like a hammock on a warm summer day, snuggler. Just close your eyes and lay down. We got you. Though the branch will probably snap.

Pretty much.

She told me that she expects major change. I'm not just being asked to step up and be a provider, she wants me to be a different person. I'll have to give up pretty much everything that defines my life. I'm willing to work hard and make sacrifices, but I'm also being asked to give up my identity in the process.

I don't want to make her sound like some dictator, she just has high expectations her future husband and father of her child, but it's become clear we're two vastly different people. It feels like she doesn't want me, but instead she wants me to become this other person who will fit into the vision she has for her life. I'm terrified that I'm going to end up in some situation where I'm repressed, unable to be myself or enjoy the things that I enjoy. Not only is that a shitty way to live, but what if there's still someone out there who would actually want me for who I am? Fuck.

But if I don't fully commit to all of this right now, she's going to be on a plane to North Carolina by the next day. There's no middle ground. If I'm unwilling or unable to make the changes, I won't get to be a part of my kid's life, and that could destroy me. So I have a lot to think about before I meet her to sign the apartment lease in a few hours, lol.

Incoming serious text, scroll past.

Pretty much.

She told me that she expects major change. I'm not just being asked to step up and be a provider, she wants me to be a different person. I'll have to give up pretty much everything that defines my life. I'm willing to work hard and make sacrifices, but I'm also being asked to give up my identity in the process.

I don't want to make her sound like some dictator, she just has high expectations her future husband and father of her child, but it's become clear we're two vastly different people. It feels like she doesn't want me, but instead she wants me to become this other person who will fit into the vision she has for her life. I'm terrified that I'm going to end up in some situation where I'm repressed, unable to be myself or enjoy the things that I enjoy. Not only is that a shitty way to live, but what if there's still someone out there who would actually want me for who I am? Fuck.

But if I don't fully commit to all of this right now, she's going to be on a plane to North Carolina by the next day. There's no middle ground. If I'm unwilling or unable to make the changes, I won't get to be a part of my kid's life, and that could destroy me. So I have a lot to think about before I meet her to sign the apartment lease in a few hours, lol.
Damn dude.she wouldnt you have any interaction with the kid? Thats kinda messed up.

Also I wouldnt consider you a deadbeat if your leaving for those reasons. You got a lot of life ahead of you and unless the kid is gonna grow up in a crappy life without you I dont think you should feel bad if thats what you decide youre life is still important and it does sound like there might be someone better for you.

How does she want to "change" you if you dont mind me asking?

ZeroRay

God damn, Sniggler.

It is pretty fucked up she won't let you see your kid at all unless you totally become who she wants you to be. And it's still a fucked up dilemma because I'd be conflicted as fuck because a part of me would see myself being a selfish bastard if I don't go through with it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
God damn, Sniggler.

It is pretty fucked up she won't let you see your kid at all unless you totally become who she wants you to be. And it's still a fucked up dilemma because I'd be conflicted as fuck because a part of me would see myself being a selfish bastard if I don't go through with it.

Exactly what I'm facing. I mean, I don't think she would block out all contact or anything like that but she would immediately move away and I'm not in any position to follow anytime soon.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Why is she jetting off to NC?

That's where her family is.

How does she want to "change" you if you dont mind me asking?

The big thing is that she's very religious so there's a lot of stuff about my lifestyle that bothers her. Things like my social life (she would never like my friends) and just the way that I express myself in general and how I spend my time, but it goes way deeper than that. She doesn't like cats either :(.

Salsa

The big thing is that she's very religious so there's a lot of stuff about my lifestyle that bothers her. Things like my social life (she would never like my friends) and just the way that I express myself in general and how I spend my time, but it goes way deeper than that. She doesn't like cats either :(.

that sounds pretty bad bro

not cool with asking to change such fundamentals in your life if you enjoy it as is. Think it up

edit: oh wait she's pregnant? fuck

coldvein

Banned
she's PRETTY RELIGIOUS? hahahaha. oh my god. god damn snuggler. you fucked up. she's gonna run away with your baby to some holy land if you dont stop masturbating, taking the lord's name in vain and drinking alcohol or something? fuck her. fuck that situation. i'm sorry man. could you be more specific about what she actually wants you to do? do you sell drugs and just haven't mentioned it here? what exactly is on her list of demands? i'm curious.

demanding that somebody completely change who they are overnight is fucked up, immature, irrational. you could maybe say "i'll work on it, but i'm still me". you gotta meet in the middle.

DangerStepp

colvein! Missed ya, mang!!

Religion and friends are two of the touchiest subjects when it comes to relationships.

We'll always be here for you, even if she ain't.

374846_o.gif

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Bro fist, hug

If you near Tampa come on over man, plenty of beer and games, and I won't even try to do anything gay to you.
Holy shit! Tampa Ahaha I remember that from Tony hawks underground! Nahh I'm in South of England.. Not exactly close aha, thanks for replying to my drunken cry, sat in a weird.. Mexican themed bar.. Spinny as shit.. What you guys up to?

Riggs

Banned
Holy shit! Tampa Ahaha I remember that from Tony hawks underground! Nahh I'm in South of England.. Not exactly close aha, thanks for replying to my drunken cry, sat in a weird.. Mexican themed bar.. Spinny as shit.. What you guys up to?

Roger that we got you bro. Celebrating my 1st week of work, getting drunk as fuck tonight. (Fuck you snuggler!)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Roger that we got you bro. Celebrating my 1st week of work, getting drunk as fuck tonight. (Fuck you snuggler!)

You still haven't told us what you do yet. I would guess ice cream truck driver (for obvious reasons) but I don't see many of those this time of year.

But also, I'd like to make a formal apology for bringing real life crap into here. I was just going through some shit but I feel a lot better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom