• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread: anonymous alcoholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanspeed

Banned
I dont understand half of what is said in this thread. And it doesn't even feel like its because its a 'drunk thread'. I can be drunk and still type and think ok. 'Gon ride till I die'. I hope thats a lyric.

'day 2 y'all. Am a beast.' ---> Have no idea what you're talking about.

'I'm a monster'. ---> Doesn't explain shit about what you mean.

I could go on and on. Seriously, I just dont feel like I belong here. And y'all dont seem like fun people to hang out with if thats how y'all talk in real life. I'm fairly drunk yet I can still type and still make sense.

It feels like y'all fake it almost. 'Oh, I've had a few drinks, I'm gonna go in the drunk thread and post weirdly so it sounds like I'm drunker than I am'.

I dont know. I guess in general, I treat places like this like I would in real-life, but some people tend to take on 'characters' and then the talk becomes weird and borderline unintelligable sometimes. Seems like there's some of you guys who treat your GAF personas as some professional act you've gotta keep up. No way are all y'all like that person-to-person.

Sorry for rambling. I'm actually pretty drunk right now.

<awaits nofun.jpgs>

coldvein

Banned
I dont understand half of what is said in this thread. And it doesn't even feel like its because its a 'drunk thread'. I can be drunk and still type and think ok. 'Gon ride till I die'. I hope thats a lyric.

I could go on and on. Seriously, I just dont feel like I belong here. And y'all dont seem like fun people to hang out with if thats how y'all talk in real life. I'm fairly drunk yet I can still type and still make sense.

It feels like y'all fake it almost. 'Oh, I've had a few drinks, I'm gonna go in the drunk thread and post weirdly so it sounds like I'm drunker than I am'.

I dont know. I guess in general, I treat places like this like I would in real-life, but some people tend to take on 'characters' and then the talk becomes weird and borderline unintelligable sometimes. Seems like there's some of you guys who treat your GAF personas as some professional act you've gotta keep up. No way are all y'all like that person-to-person.

<awaits nofun.jpgs>

i cant speak for snuggler. also mosts of my posts in here arent even done drunkenly anymore.

To me the drunk thread is like an Abstract Expressionist painting.

ibzYv1VrvnN5U2.png

Full of chaos and emotion yet somehow deep and philosophical.

<awaits nofun.jpgs>
What are you talking about who are you talking to

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Well ok. Not sure how that insult makes sense considering what I said, but I cant say I expected better. You're probably just too drunk to think of something clever. ;)
Naw dawg you're just trying hard and failing bad to understand something that's simply beyond your grasp. Don't even bother.

What are you talking about who are you talking to

Sean has a history of tryhardiness. Par for the course.

Seanspeed

Banned
Naw dawg you're just trying hard and failing bad to understand something that's simply beyond your grasp. Don't even bother.

Trying hard to what? I dont get it. For real. Just dont get it. Obviously beyond my grasp, I'll give you that. Never have this problem in real life.

I'll stop, though. Apparently I'm too stupid to 'grasp' this GAF-speak. Play on, brothers.

Wool

I dont understand half of what is said in this thread. And it doesn't even feel like its because its a 'drunk thread'. I can be drunk and still type and think ok.

I will translate for you.

'Gon ride till I die'.

I will continue living life to the fullest until I am deceased.

'day 2 y'all. Am a beast.'

It is my second day in a row without consuming alcohol. I am proud of my accomplishment.

'I'm a monster'.

This is ambiguous, but either:

A) It is a song lyric from Kanye West
B) It is Halloween related and he is literally dressed as a monster.
C) He is feeling extremely good about himself, as people do while under the influence of alcohol.

<awaits nofun.jpgs>

I know what you mean, and I'm sure some people fake being drunk and/or stick to a persona, but who cares? If you want people to act 100% like they do in person, you'd be better off going out to the bar and talking to people in person. If the post is filled to the brim with typos I bet they are faking it, but it doesn't really effect anybody either way. People like Dr. Eggman have very different personas on here than they do in real life, but isn't that the advantage of being on an anonymous message board? I don't like every poster on here, but it's as easy as just scrolling past them or putting them on the ignore list to avoid it.

Having actually met some drunk gaffers, idgi. This thread really isn't a post dumb shit when drunk thread it's a post dumb shit thread. Slight difference.

And I'm pretty much the same online or off.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Need your help, guys. I'm trying to get back with my ex (the girl who got away). Now usually I have problems with females but I absolutely have no game when it comes to her. I think I choke because I'm still caught up in feelings with her. She's still interested but hesitant likely because of the reasons we broke up for. So, honestly when all said is done I don't know how to approach her. I mean we talk on the phone and flirt, blah blah blah, but I'm Trynna scoop her up, no smile at her. I think I'm rambling at this point. My bad, took some sleeping pills.

P.s. don't ask how we broke up, lol.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Need your help guys. I'm trying to get back with my ex (the girl who got away). Now usually I have problems with females but I absolutely have no game when it comes to her. I think I choke because I'm still caught up in feelings with her. She's still interested but hesitant likely because of the reasons we broke up for. So, honestly when all said is done I don't know how to approach her. I mean we talk on the phone and flirt, blah blah blah, but I'm Trynna scoop her up, no smile at her. I think I'm rambling at this point. My bad, took some sleeping pills.

You're going to go psycho. Don't be a pathetic groveling dork. Just walk and move on.

Life is too short to stay emotionally attached to a girl who isn't that into you.

Ditch her, move on with your life, and find yourself another girl.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna drink a whole bottle of white wine and fall asleep naked while watching the venture bros.

Riggs

Banned
I got a whole fucking case of beer and haven't even had one tonight, it's like 6 AM. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I got a whole fucking case of beer and haven't even had one tonight, it's like 6 AM. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Drop some Valium and drink the case within an hour!

Having a hard time dealing with this HALO HYPE i'm feeling. The week before a new halo drop fucking kills me.

LIFE IS NOT WORTH LIVING UNTIL HALO DROPS

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
To expand on late night's BS, one of the best things about drunk thread is that it's a wide open topic. It allows stream of consciousness posting, so there's lots of vague illusions to mysterious things and cryptic statements about whatever the fuck. Usually when I post weird or ambiguous shit it has some meaning behind it, but either way when you overanalyze that stuff it just makes you look like a try-hard. It's not meant to be taken seriously, so when you try like Sean did to take it seriously it only makes you look like a giant dumbo who just doesn't get how it works at all. This thread is usually a safe haven from that typical, argumentative internet bullshit so it's always a buzzkill when someone drags it in here like dogshit on their shoes.

And really, it has nothing to do with being intoxicated. Half of my posts here are done dead sober at work, there's not a big difference to my postings whether I'm dry, high or drunk. We may not always act mature, but most of us are grown ups and the idea of "pretending" to be anything is laughable and says more about the person making such accusations than anyone else.

Anyways, that post was too long, are you bitches doing anything crazy for Helloween? I haven't dressed up in years.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You're going to go psycho. Don't be a pathetic groveling dork. Just walk and move on.
Neither pathetic nor groveling haha, do trust. I might go psycho though for various other reasons.

Life is too short to stay emotionally attached to a girl who isn't that into you.

Ditch her, move on with your life, and find yourself another girl.
there's no longer a question of whether she's into me. I just don't know if I still should pursue her being my ex.

how did you break up
need this info
We didn't see eye to eye on a particular aspect of the relationship. She's the type to drop everyone in her life for the relationship, I'm not.

DangerStepp

I enjoyed your post, Snuggler.

I went as a steam punk.. punk.

391759_980271017358_1229332128_n.jpg

197280_980273033318_2063529879_n.jpg

We didn't see eye to eye on a particular aspect of the relationship. She's the type to drop everyone in her life for the relationship, I'm not.
I think this is a regular thing with women.

Guys like to keep friends; women want to make new "couple" friends while their old ones drown in loneliness.

coldvein

Banned
gonna study for my environmental issues midterm probably. school night bitches.

<3 snuggles, this man gets it

ad goddamn dangerstepp... how long did it take you to assemble all of your costume?! that shit is crazy .. howd you get the idea, do you like steampunk or what what what

AcridMeat

Banned
That guitar is especially impressive.

Snug putting it into GAF words for us.

Hope you guys have a good one tonight, I'm gonna slink into obscurity with a drinking cap and some films.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Pretty disgusting, they say it'll make you blind

Chilling at the pub, wish it was quieter.. Needed to escape trick or treaters..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom