• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread? drunk thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
Just went out with people my age who have better jobs than me and people who interviewed at places I'm interviewing and had better exerperiences. Feels awful man.

Yeah so I'm good and drunk I'll post it here too:

I don't want to be melodramatic about it - I'm a bit drunk, you see - but my relative skill in video gaming is directly correlative to my place in life. It's crazy.

I'm all kinds of fucking awesome at video games if I'm being compared to someone who has never really played them; and I'm basically jack shit nothing when compared to people who actually good at gaming.

Likewise, I'm all kinds of genius dope smart when compared to the average dipshit I meet, bit when compared to people who matter, I'm basically jack shit nothing.

Yeah, that's my life in a nutshell.

And to elaborate for my drunken lot: it's this thing where like human being are, at the same time, this infinitely complex, utterly unfathomable organism, while on the other they are - we are - this spec of nothing likely no more significant in any real way than one of the cells in your body.

Merry Christmas.

Puddles

Banned
So I was reading an economics discussion and sipping wine, and I was following along really well, nodding and enjoying the conversation, and then all at once, I just couldn't follow it.

I take that as a sign that I'm buzzed.

Really enjoying that The Who song that speculawyer suggested. I need to listen to them more.

So I was reading an economics discussion and sipping wine, and I was following along really well, nodding and enjoying the conversation, and then all at once, I just couldn't follow it.

I take that as a sign that I'm buzzed.

Really enjoying that The Who song that speculawyer suggested. I need to listen to them more.

Watch Quadrophenia. It is a very good coming-of-age movie. The soundtrack is The Who at their best.

Where is my fucking Blu-Ray?

Why the fuck is Quadrophenia not available on Blu-Ray in the USA? What the fuck? Fix that someone.

The Real Me Entwhistle playing godly bass. It is kinda weird . . . guitar is rhythm while bass is lead.

Damn it. I never realized how much Keith Moon carried the band. Sure . . . Daltry is the lead singer. And Pete is the major song writer and (rhythm) guitar player. But Keith really carries the band.

I guess they are all 4 great which is what made them so popular.

Puddles

Banned
Led Zeppelin and The Who are the two bands that I think really exemplify what it means to have an absolute top-tier level talent at every position.

There are very few bands you can say that about. The Beatles? Ringo is great in that setting, but he really lucked into the best possible bandmates ever for his talents. Dream Theater? The vocals are EXTREMELY suspect. Tool? Adam Jones' limitations were made pretty apparent on 10,000 Days.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Led Zeppelin and The Who are the two bands that I think really exemplify what it means to have an absolute top-tier level talent at every position.

There are very few bands you can say that about. The Beatles? Ringo is great in that setting, but he really lucked into the best possible bandmates ever for his talents. Dream Theater? The vocals are EXTREMELY suspect. Tool? Adam Jones' limitations were made pretty apparent on 10,000 Days.

Pink floyd.. fucking perfection even after Walters left.

Thats me starting my first stella fellas, going to have some blood sausage and chips soon from my local CHIPPY VAN

edit taking a day off work to drink was a GREAT FUCKING CHOICE on my part

Pink floyd.. fucking perfection even after Walters left.

Thats me starting my first stella fellas, going to have some blood sausage and chips soon from my local CHIPPY VAN

edit taking a day off work to drink was a GREAT FUCKING CHOICE on my part

Pink Floyd is a good pick. Waters bass is decent but he also carrys the vocals. Nick Mason . . . . great but probably the weakest link. Gilmour is subtle but has a great style. Rick Wright help define the prog-rock genre. Yeah . . . it really takes all good or great players to make such super-groups.

Kentpaul

Pink Floyd is a good pick. Waters bass is decent but he also carrys the vocals. Nick Mason . . . . great but probably the weakest link. Gilmour is subtle but has a great style. Rick Wright help define the prog-rock genre. Yeah . . . it really takes all good or great players to make such super-groups.

all there solo shit also keeps the pink floyd feel. Such a great group nothing like blasting the dark side of the moon!

THE LUNATIC IS ON THE GRASS

Puddles

Banned
True Lies is such a fucking good movie. I'm watching it right now. I swear with the huge Avatar backlash (which I mostly disagree with), it's like people forgot how fucking awesome James Cameron movies have been for the most part.

Kentpaul

The wire fucking passed a good hour of my life, nursed a beer during it, on my 4th lets do this.

edit trying to get drunk on beer is like trying to get stoned on brick weed.

FML its going to take a good few more yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7dq6w9klDg

edit its a Saturday guys what the fuck why is this thread dead, on my 6th beer hitting the tired slump sector of life. will take a few more to get out of this limbo LOL

edit turning back to the OLD ME, taking a piss and i notice i have beer breath, IM TURNING YALL IM TURNING DRUNK.

was going to sit in and relax tonight, may hit the clubs with my GIRL yallllllllllll

AcridMeat

Banned

I'd put Rush on that list, easily.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
N9Hvm.jpg

Bein' a total homebody tonight. :'D
Not sure what to do with myself. I have season2 of Superjail! to watch, but its not really as good as the first season.

balddemon

Banned
I just can't find it in me to finish my everclear from new years. I have shit to do every morning and I want to be able to do it lol.

Also, Rush blows.

DangerStepp

Demon, I PM you my address and you ship me that Everclear.

Ill fly Acid down here and we'll Skype you in while we drink so you wont feel ousted.

Why Acid? Because I know he has herb on him.

Love the Beatles, not a fan of Rush.
Same here.

I sometimes wonder if I would have been snobby about the Beatles if I were a tween in the 60s.

I mean, I hate Katy Perry, but she sells.

Its all relative I suppose.

Chris R

Whats with the Rush hate :(

Also, it is the best week of the year this week! Alaskan Beer Week! Going to tour several local breweries (and fill up some growlers) and have plenty of flights of local beer! Yay!

lil smoke

Banned
Smoking a joint while listening to some pendulum.
Different time zone here so its helps.

Haven't smoked in 4 weeks, while awaiting a new job, so out of the question.

Bored really. Was looking forward to a big football day, but I'm in NYC so tomorrow is our big day, not today.

So... maybe go to bed early? Dunno.

No real reason to take another beer run tonight. Sucks.

lil smoke

Banned
Bought some moonshine from a hillbilly. Not to be fucked with.

Beatles 4 life.

Watched a whole marathon of the Moonshiners. Respect. When I was young, my granddaddy used to bring real moonshine home. In my teens I got a small chance to experience it. Later I moved on to Clear Springs and Strohs, both 150 proofs. I'm too old for that shit now.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Also, to throw my hat in the ring for kick ass bands comprised of musicians musicians, Them Crooked Vultures.

They're like Zeppelin plus QOTSA plus acid plus a circus fire.

ReaperXL7

Think I'm going to join the festivites since i'm off tomarrow and my wife, and daughter are out of town tomarrow. So Gaf opinions, which should I go for:

The Killians
killians-12bpack-side.jpg

Or the Crown XR:

CROWNROYAL-XR.jpg

DangerStepp

I was introduced to Crown XR a while back. Its quite smooth.

This is me blessing my drunk thread brothers and sisters with a tall white Russian my lovely wife just made.
20120114_221306.jpg

I love each and every one of you. Trust and believe.

ReaperXL7

I was introduced to Crown XR a while back. Its quite smooth.

This is me blessing my drunk thread brothers and sisters with a tall white Russian my lovely wife just made.

I love each and every one of you. Trust and believe.

Yep, Crown was probably the first liqur that I can remember being introduced to. It's remained my favorite ever since. I think the only one I have not tried is Crown Black, XR is my current favorite but it's damn expensive in alot of places.

Congrats on having the drink White Russians are good, but I usually have to be in the mood for sweet drinks, and cheers to having fine ladies in our lives.

AcridMeat

Banned
You're a good guy Danger, glad you're enjoying the night.

I just got home from dinner with a group of old friends I haven't seen since they graduated, but there were DUI checkpoints near where we were so no drinking at dinner. Then I tried to get to Bevmo in time to pick up some booze and it was closed.

tumblr_ltqip9g9Jh1qbycn1o4_250.gif

Drove home defeated, unwilling to go to the 24/7 grocery store elsewhere.

lil smoke

Banned
My friend and I just walked to the gas station and reloaded... and this fucking dude fell asleep just now. This is the way it goes here in Brooklyn.

DangerStepp

I love you too, Acrid. Sorry to hear your night wasn't stellar.

I'd invite you over for my homemade chili and white Russians if you lived anywhere near me.

That's an open invitation to anyone near me. You would all be more than welcome to join me and my old lady for chili, drinks, and watching Louis CK's Hilarious.

It sucks we don't have teleport technology because you know our kids are going to be taking that shit for granted.

Fuck whatever generation comes after us. They dont know how hard we have it.

DURNK THREAD!

TEQUILA TE-KILLYA!

Dropped my iPhone in the shitter, had to drop like 700 to get a new one. Now I'm eating Top Ramen and Jose Quervo for the rest of the month. AWWW YEAH

lil smoke

Banned
hmph. yeah while ago I dropped my brand new fancy blackberry in the urinal, done immediately. Now using my old 5 year old shit ever since. Recently the scroll wheel doesn't go downwards, fuck me. Half the thing doesn't work and I push on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom