• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread? drunk thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

Ultima_5 said:
Going back to college next week so I'll be able to drink w/ my buddies again. Quite excited since I haven't drank in a few months. What should my first alcohol be when I get back?

Note: I'm in college so finances are quite limited so price vs quantity is an important factor =p

PBR

or do Edward 40hands (everyone duct tapes a 40 oz bottle of malt liquor to each hand; first player to finish both wins)

Ultima_5

Clydefrog said:
PBR

or do Edward 40hands (everyone duct tapes a 40 oz bottle of malt liquor to each hand; first player to finish both wins)

Every time I buy PBR all my dude-bro friends call me a hipster. They say it goes with my chunky plastic glasses and converse =s

and the Edward 40 hands sounds simply amazing. I doubt my tolerance is anywhere close to being able to handling that... Plus you can't play games or you know... use your hands. For doors and such.

What's everyone consider the best cheap beer? Last semester I was just getting keystone, but I hope there's something better out there that's affordable...

Get'sMad

just started. Drinking some Miller Lite that was left over by some friends a few nights ago. God this stuff sucks, but hey, free beer I can't complain.

coldvein

Banned
drunk gaf, can you hear me?

it all started with an innocent "i've had a long day at work, i deserve a couple fine beverages".

22. oz ephemere from unibroue, 22 oz. heineken. all good. decided to let it roll further with a 22.oz stella and a 32. oz tecate. i gotta work in the morning too. wtf.;

coldvein

Banned
hell yes i'll be fine. i'll be great. man..

i feel like half the people that post in the drunk thread are banned half of the time. coincidence?

Ultima_5 said:
Every time I buy PBR all my dude-bro friends call me a hipster. They say it goes with my chunky plastic glasses and converse =s

and the Edward 40 hands sounds simply amazing. I doubt my tolerance is anywhere close to being able to handling that... Plus you can't play games or you know... use your hands. For doors and such.

What's everyone consider the best cheap beer? Last semester I was just getting keystone, but I hope there's something better out there that's affordable...

My step father is all about the new (old) Schlitz beer. Supposedly they reverted back to the old 1960s formula that made them famous. My sister's boyfriend tried it and said it was god awful, though. Still it's like 8 bucks for 24 cans. Might be worth a shot.

coldvein

Banned
Ultima_5 said:

a. tell your friends to shut the fuck up, you drink what you want.

2. best cheap beer? there isn't one. once you're down to the level of drinking pabst/keystone/coors/hi life/budweiser/hamm's/etc. it's all pretty much the same. i'd suggest the canadian cheap beers over any of these - try KOKANEE, LABATT'S BLUE, MOLSON, etc. not that they're a huge step up, but they're cheap and foreign!

and seriously, people who give you shit about drinking pbr need to get punched in the mouth.

btkadams

FutureZombie said:
My step father is all about the new (old) Schlitz beer. Supposedly they reverted back to the old 1960s formula that made them famous. My sister's boyfriend tried it and said it was god awful, though. Still it's like 8 bucks for 24 cans. Might be worth a shot.
8 bucks for 24 cans? wtf! i hate americans for their cheap alcohol lol. in canada, dirt cheap beer is like a buck a beer. you can find some places around town that have maybe a 6pack for 5 bucks, but that's the lowest i've ever seen and it was always fermented piss rather than beer.

Fun times...me and some of my buddies watched Final Destination 5 (fucking awful movie btw) the other night and have been partying ever since...2 to 6 am non-stop Keystone Lights, crashed at my friend's house, woke up next morning and drank PBR's (fuck your hipster accusations, it's not the worst beer in the world...) until 8 pm, at which point we hit the until now (3am)...fuck I'm so fucking hungry and hammered...mostly hungry though...make me a sandwich, GAF!

Hunter S.

Suburban_Nooblet said:
ppl really call you hipster for drinking PBR?

Yes, it has become so popular lately rising to the number four brand in America. They have raised the prices a lot and now a lot of hipsters along with myself are on a boycott.

22oz of IIPA and 2 pints of of my 70/-. Currently watching Archer and Arrested Development. Great night!!!!!

Hunter S Thompson said:
Yes, it has become so popular lately rising to the number four brand in America. They have raised the prices a lot and now a lot of hipsters along with myself are on a boycott.

2006 GABF Results said:
American-Style Lager
Gold: Pabst Blue Ribbon, Pabst Brewing Co., Woodridge, IL
Silver: Miller High Life, Miller Brewing Co., Milwaukee, WI
Bronze: Blatz, Pabst Brewing Co., Woodridge, IL

In 2006 it won Gold at GABF in Category 29 (or 30) (High Life also placed). Think about that before people bitch about the hipsters. Also, PBR has been a staple in my grandma's fridge at the lake since 1972...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Flaming Drinks!
Beer!
Shots!

Dance! Girls! Buddies!

FUCK YEAHAAA!! $200 less on my pocket but fuck it. That night was worth it. Would do it again tonight. Best of all? No fucking hangover. YES!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
got wasteyfaced last night, certainly feeling the after effects now. ate a chicken pot pie when i was drunk. that shit was great.

meadowrag

Banned
btkadams said:
8 bucks for 24 cans? wtf! i hate americans for their cheap alcohol lol. in canada, dirt cheap beer is like a buck a beer. you can find some places around town that have maybe a 6pack for 5 bucks, but that's the lowest i've ever seen and it was always fermented piss rather than beer.

Schlitz is OK for what it is, and in fact almost takes on the characteristic of a novelty because of how cheap it is, but yeah, you pay for what you get.

jeremyxc

Banned
Kanye West - Devil in a new Dress
4000 Watts
6 McCormick watermelon shots mixed with fresca
3 more shots in my water bottle
about to head out. lets go

drunk driving is really fucking dangerous and i never drive drunk because i don't want to kill people

but can we agree that it would be really fucking fun? like nascar starts renting out the tracks and you sign a waiver or something. or maybe go-karts.

Hunter S.

blame space said:
drunk driving is really fucking dangerous and i never drive drunk because i don't want to kill people

but can we agree that it would be really fucking fun? like nascar starts renting out the tracks and you sign a waiver or something. or maybe go-karts.

I never said it was me crazies.

Ultima_5 said:
Going back to college next week so I'll be able to drink w/ my buddies again. Quite excited since I haven't drank in a few months. What should my first alcohol be when I get back?

Note: I'm in college so finances are quite limited so price vs quantity is an important factor =p
Taaka.

Bad_Boy said:
here i am again, drunk again. does that make me an lolholica? lol

I lol'd.

I'm not particularly drunk. But I have drunken some alcohol. So I am allowed to post, I suspect.

I'm also smoking something illegal, but since we're not supposed to talk about that, forget I said anything.

Honestly I have poor self control when it comes to drinking, especially when I am having fun. I'm sure that I drink to get drunk because it feels good and not that I actually like drinking.

When I get drunk I'm with friends in a homey location. Not a club or at a bar or anything like that anymore. I've learned my lessons, especially at clubs and random house parties.

If I go to the bosses dinner I only drink two beers max, or one glass of wine (since wine makes my shoulder ache for some reason).

Timo

Last night: Got hammered while I was laptop DJing a party, some girl punched me in the face for no reason, so I murdered the party with the saddest shit I have on my laptop. Regina Spektor, Imogen Heap, Kurt Vile, and some M83. I then went home and puked something fierce and went to bed, not waking up until 4PM today.

I think I'm gonna stop drinking for a while.

I'm in Burbank for work and I got off early so I decided to check out what was around the hotel I'm staying at. Gordon Beirch was only a couple of blocks away so I stopped by there since all my meals are on the company dime and I usually can't afford lobster. A couple of pints of hefenwiesen and I'm pretty buzzed. Which is kinda disappointing to me because I used to be able to drink a lot more in my younger day. Must be out of practice or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom