• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread? drunk thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Oh man, for sure. I'm not positive when I can though. I work all week and I'm thinking about going to see a friend at cal poly this weekend. But yeah, I'm definitely game. Thinking about looking into getting tickets off craislist to see justice in oakland on the 17th.

Oh shit It's only $40...DAMN SON MAYBE AHHHH that sounds wild, especially after seeing clips of the NY show.

edit: nevermind sold out derp

This is how I see myself sometimes.

inyZzZzOwXl8Q.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah, thats why I'm trolling craigslist for listings. I'm not even sure I can get that night off work anyhow since its a tuesday.

Oh hopeless for me as well then. Anyway I'm going to be on the radio tomorrow night and the next D: 3:30am both times. I'll be dead.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hopeless for me as well then. Anyway I'm going to be on the radio tomorrow night and the next D: 3:30am both times. I'll be dead.

:eek: Could I listen to this broadcast or is it campus/student only?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
can someone fill me in on this anti-monitor girl, why cop wants to be banned, and why atra might get banned?

also, my posts on pages 2 and 3 of that "my friends and I made a sketch" thread are seriously innovating the game.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure about the other two, but officially Copernicus's response is "Tell them I got banned for being the epitome of GAF." Though he says to tell you specifically he got banned for "for calling out cylinders."

Unofficially, (though cleared with sources) is that he has some big stuff going on and needs to peel himself away from GAF. He actually didn't even tell me whats going on, but he did tell me I could say I that he has some stuff going on. So yeah its mysterious.

We should wish him luck! Even if its good and not bad.
Good luck Copernicus! We love yoU!

bengraven

Not drunk, but on new anti-depressants. They're supposed to make you pass out, but I'm fucking wired. Anyone who saw my beautiful works of fiction in the James Cameron thread knew me about an hour after i took them.

My eyes are almost literally locked open and I have a kitten on my shoulder. I'm 90% sure he's real.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I know you mean about momentarily feeling giant. But for me it creates this huge anxiety, almost like what you feel right before having an out of body experience. Where you like are so focused and ingrained on processing your surroundings that all cognitive thought is turned off and you just briefly become this weird reactionary machine taking everything in and synthesizing it without a single analytical thought.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I know you mean about momentarily feeling giant. But for me it creates this huge anxiety, almost like what you feel right before having an out of body experience. Where you like are so focused and ingrained on processing your surroundings that all cognitive thought is turned off and you just briefly become this weird reactionary machine taking everything in and synthesizing it without a single analytical thought.

Yes that is exactly what I'm talking about. I wonder if there's a drug that releases that chemical?

Also, it's incredible how much I innovated the game. I'm the best. I'm so awesome. I'm really cool. Look at me! #RARE

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if theres a specific drug to induce that feeling, but I smoke a lot of weed and it kinda just can happen when you get completely and fully/properly engaged in something like what it was like watching movies as a child. Thats kinda what it feels like. Being completely and utterly engaged in an activity to the point where everything else ceases to exist.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Cool! I'll have to tune in! I should be up around that time.

HAHA!

I just pulled a fucking Houdini in Adobe Dreamweaver.

I was completely clueless about laying text and images on top of another image and *BAM* I figured out the solution on my own.

So proud of myself right now. :p

Ultima_5

HAHA!

I just pulled a fucking Houdini in Adobe Dreamweaver.

I was completely clueless about laying text and images on top of another image and *BAM* I figured out the solution on my own.

So proud of myself right now. :p

I took a class in dreamweaver in high school. Probably one of my adobe programs to use.

Also, *highfive

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sick with a cold or some shit (aids?), so I'm slamming beers to relieve me of my ailments. Feeling better already.

Also playing Lumines, fucking love this game.

I really don't see myself becoming a web designer because this kind of stuff hurts my brain. But at least I'll be able to show my instructor that I'm able to catch up with the rest of my class.

I didn't take the first interface design class so I'm playing a lot of catch up in this interface design II class. :p

Very nearly attempted to take my ex (from 6 months ago) home tonight from the bar. It's not like we broke up because I wasn't attracted to her anymore and we've turned into good friends after a long absence.

I don't think I know what I want.

Vaco6121

Just got back the bar, and without going in the specifics of it, I got a question for you, Drunk Thread, what do you say to someone whose best friend hung himself on the Friday, the 23rd, and I guess I really don't know what to say or do at this point, outside of saying I will be there for you.

Ultima_5

Just got back the bar, and without going in the specifics of it, I got a question for you, Drunk Thread, what do you say to someone whose best friend hung himself on the Friday, the 23rd, and I guess I really don't know what to say or do at this point, outside of saying I will be there for you.

That's pretty much all you can say.... I'd also pick up the guys tab. Wish him the best.

Ultima_5

I did that, and I also knew the guy who killed himself, and I don't know, it is just crazy that it happen as it did.

I've been very fortunate to have only known one person who attempted suicide and nobody who went through with it. I can't quite give you or your friend any advice, but it must be incredibly rough. Sorry man.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm arguing in a lot of threads right now. It's getting hard to keep track.

Fortunately on this page there is a kitty with sunglasses and Jackie Chan.

Things will be ok!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Things will be ok!

Just remember, the best way to win an argument is to use vicious personal insults against your opponents.

Ultima_5

Things will be ok!

Those two things are what's kept my entire life on track.

Just remember, the best way to win an argument is to use vicious personal insults against your opponents.

and if that doesn't work, just give them the old thumb in the eye.

Vaco6121

I've been very fortunate to have only known one person who attempted suicide and nobody who went through with it. I can't quite give you or your friend any advice, but it must be incredibly rough. Sorry man.

Thanks, but hopefully everyone will start moving on after his funeral this Friday, I mean it was his choice to hang himself, and noone is to blame his own choice that he made. Just what I truly think about it all; thanks for reading my little vent/post/whatever about it.

Ultima_5

Thanks, but hopefully everyone will start moving on after his funeral this Friday, I mean it was his choice to hang himself, and noone is to blame his own choice that he made. Just what I truly think about it all; thanks for reading my little vent/post/whatever about it.

No problem man! drunk thread is always a friendly place to talk about any and all things. You seem to have a healthy view on the situation, and are handling it appropriately. Probably as well as can be expected. Best of luck man.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This thread will be the reason I could never run for public office

On the contrary, it could be what enables you to run for public office. Look at all the people you have united under one cause. Your thread has brought such much joy to us all.

ANyways, pretty fucked up and trying to set up a wireless router, this is tough. Still can't get my Vita to connect :(. I should probably wait until I'm sober but I"m so focused on this shit right now.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

I've lurked and been around enough that I came up with my own system. I replace insults with things I find funny and harmless.

Kind of like this:
Dammit Snuggler! I could sideswipe a spackled house and the cow wouldn't even blink! Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom