• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread? drunk thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldvein

Banned
Acid08 said:
I'm bumping my Never Better/College Dropout playlist right now. POS needs a new fucking album and Ye needs to go back to that realness.

hahaha. word. we will always disagree on this kanye shit.

other hand, i've been speaking with doomtree cats, new POS record is on track to come out this year.

ikkemenx

Acid08 said:
Yeah man, I used to be that way about punk music. 16-19 were like the fucking most crazy years so far.

I'm bumping my Never Better/College Dropout playlist right now. POS needs a new fucking album and Ye needs to go back to that realness.

We can be friends.

coldvein

Banned
never better is a really, really special album to me. i don't think anyone has put out anything that tops it since. not trying to start an argument or anything, just sayin.. that was like the shot heard round the world. fucking epic.

Acid08

Banned
coldvein said:
never better is a really, really special album to me. i don't think anyone has put out anything that tops it since. not trying to start an argument or anything, just sayin.. that was like the shot heard round the world. fucking epic.
All my friends shake when they don't drink, all my friends wheeze in they sleep.

Shit hits me so hard every time.

coldvein

Banned
Acid08 said:
All my friends shake when they don't drink, all my friends wheeze in they sleep.

Shit hits me so hard every time.

no doubt. take away the beats (which are crazy and cool as fuck) and just strip it down to lyrics..... there's so much there. and it is so fucking layered and dense. i've been rocking that disc every day for years and i still hear new shit in it, realize new meanings, catch new metaphors.. really just a masterpiece of the pen.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
goddamn playing the Witcher and this game is awesome. good without a buzz but awesome with one.

anyways, whats up with you guys tonight?

how are you doing, ikkemenx?

Acid08

Banned
Snuggler said:
goddamn playing the Witcher and this game is awesome

good without a buzz but awesome with one

anyways, whats up with you guys tonight
Went to a bar, got some drank, getting my leg cast off tomorrow which is awesome.

Also seeing Odd Future tomorrow in SF.

coldvein

Banned
Acid08 said:
Also seeing Odd Future tomorrow in SF.

those kids are supposed to be hot shit right now, eh? should be fun. would like to check em out for myself sometime.

as for me, this month has been pretty rad as far as rap shows.. i saw cecil, sims, sage, and several of my mateys rap. amazing shit.

edit: as much shit as people talk on america... this isn't happening anywhere else. center of the universe right here.

Acid08

Banned
coldvein said:
those kids are supposed to be hot shit right now, eh? should be fun. would like to check em out for myself sometime.

as for me, this month has been pretty rad as far as rap shows.. i saw cecil, sims, sage, and several of my mateys rap. amazing shit.
Yeah! They're music is overblown and offensive which I love. Can't wait to see Bitch Suck Dick live.

coldvein

Banned
Acid08 said:
Yeah! They're music is overblown and offensive which I love. Can't wait to see Bitch Suck Dick live.

nice. that puts you on the cutting edge, my man. i only know of em because they get mentioned in my local rag's hiphop column occasionally..

Acid08

Banned
coldvein said:
nice. that puts you on the cutting edge, my man. i only know of em because they get mentioned in my local rag's hiphop column occasionally..
Dude check out Tyler, The Creators first album Bastard, it's free on their site. Actually 95% of their music at this point they just give out for free.

coldvein

Banned
Acid08 said:
Dude check out Tyler, The Creators first album Bastard, it's free on their site. Actually 95% of their music at this point they just give out for free.

will do. i'll probably hate it, but thanks for the heads up. you got me listening to kanye tonight for the first time in probably a year.

big ander

Not to be the buzzkill, but while their music is pretty good, even great at times, their concerts aren't that fun. They're cool for the energy and watching people stage dive and stuff, but their actual presentation is so haphazard. I saw em at pitchfork and you could barely hear their rapping, either because they'd just stop doing it to fuck around or because there were so many people screaming that you couldn't hear any of the actual music at all.

Acid08

Banned
big ander said:
Not to be the buzzkill, but while their music is pretty good, even great at times, their concerts aren't that fun. They're cool for the energy and watching people stage dive and stuff, but their actual presentation is so haphazard. I saw em at pitchfork and you could barely hear their rapping, either because they'd just stop doing it to fuck around or because there were so many people screaming that you couldn't hear any of the actual music at all.
:( well shit. Still super excited obviously but I'll keep this in mind.

coldvein

Banned
you pretty much nailed it, man. thanks for sharing. the words, amazing. really impressive. the 'beat'? goes nowhere. i'm not gonna judge the guy or the crew off this one track, but... man, so much could be done as far as kicking that beat up. the strings/keys sound awesome..but i was waiting for shit to start BAPPING in some way and it never happened. i wanted an explosion. disappointing.

that said, i'll play this shit in my car, it's legit. gimme more trax.

late edit: dude's voice is amazing. i'd love to hear him try speed it up and cut it up for a minute.

coldvein

Banned
yeah, another day another dime, another state another mind, 48 moves to choose but no matter the coast we all toast the same PBR..

alright drunk thread, let's see what happens when my 8th consecutive 13 hour day meets my 4th bottle of firestone. i predict irish pajamas will be in full effect here

coldvein

Banned
Acid08 said:
Song he's best known for: Yonkers.

Bitch Suck Dick. I love this song, it's hilarious.

Golden. This is my favorite overall song on his second album.

Earl Sweatshirt- Dat Ass.

Earl + Tyler- Orange Juice.

There are a few other members that have great shit but let me know what you think of this stuff.

overall: a pretty decent rapper who is dealing with pretty crumby beats;/production. the deep voice scary guy is obviously a rip off that shitty eminem album. which makes the "harder than the white kids who copy shit" line heavily ironic. dude has potential. bitch suck dick is boring. this dude is amazing, and needs somebody way, way, cooler making him shit to rap over. just my opinion. thanks for trying to convert a kid, though.

coldvein

Banned
Acid08 said:
Tyler isn't the best MC in the group, never was. Earl, he was 16 in those songs, is their best. Kid can fucking spit.

don't get me wrong, every song i heard, the kids can spit hard. even interesting to listen to at times. but man... they need some lava bang producers to bring it all together.

obviously they're hot shit right now, so maybe i'm outta touch.

coldvein

Banned
Acid08 said:
Yeah, it's Tylers second album but the first on an actual label with a retail release.

that track is amazin. beat is so grime. not grime like dirt, but grime like mid 2000s london grime. fucking ruling. this is a find. thanks man.

Acid08

Banned
coldvein said:
that track is amazin. beat is so grime. not grime like dirt, but grime like mid 2000s london grime. fucking ruling. this is a find. thanks man.
That was the first song I heard by them and it was all ships ahead after that.

coldvein

Banned
Acid08 said:
SAME DUDE. Tomorrow will be weed supreme though.

before you teach me a new lesson imma try to show you one, i just gotta figure out how to post links to youtube on here. i know, i'm retarded.

coldvein

Banned
Acid08 said:
Hell yeah, that was awesome! Really wish I had some better headphones.

Edit: I want a fuckin cigarette, I'll be back.

tell me you don't dig that beat tho. laid back. psych.

and DONT tell me you neva heard of dizzee raz before...

kehs

Banned
So a month of drinking every night caught up with me apparently.

I passed out at like 11:00 pm last night, after only a few shots. wtf yo? Cup full of Bacardi on my nightstand.

ikkemenx

Snuggler said:
goddamn playing the Witcher and this game is awesome. good without a buzz but awesome with one.

anyways, whats up with you guys tonight?

how are you doing, ikkemenx?

Human Ecology right now :(

So ready for tonight tho

ikkemenx

SteveWinwood said:
Switchin to hard stuff exclusively. Beer makes me a fatty fatty tub tub. Well not really I'm still a stick, but still. Easier to get drunk on whiskey and vodka. Fuck tequila though. Fuck it.

So much this. Never again, tequila. Never again. And oddly I find it much easier to get drunk off of beer, when I get drunk off of hard liquor I just get slowed down and I'm not as giddy. 4 pints of beer down I'm nice and drunk and even if I drink more I won't get sick or hungover the following day. But yeah, not so nice for my gut. Trying to be good this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom