• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drunk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoggert

mully, are the nyc gaf meet ups cool? i ask here and not in the actual thread since i think im older (30s) and the pics i saw from the last meet up (i think) made it look like not my scene

also how the fuck did i dead a six pack today. i used one in cooking onions and jalapenos but wtf

Mully

mully, are the nyc gaf meet ups cool? i ask here and not in the actual thread since i think im older (30s) and the pics i saw from the last meet up (i think) made it look like not my scene

also how the fuck did i dead a six pack today. i used one in cooking onions and jalapenos but wtf

They're pretty fun. I'm normally the youngest person to show up. Everyone else is in their late 20s, early 30s. It can be cliquey sometimes. The regulars meet and drink like old friends, and are open to newcomers, but a lot of times the newcomers don't even introduce themselves. We normally bar hop after the first hour, so some people dip out suddenly between bars Although, for the most part great stuff happens at the meetups and we rarely talk about games. We normally just riff on each other, drink, and have a good time.

hoggert

They're pretty fun. I'm normally the youngest person to show up. Everyone else is in their late 20s, early 30s. It can be cliquey sometimes. The regulars meet and drink like old friends, and are open to newcomers, but a lot of times the newcomers don't even introduce themselves. We normally bar hop after the first hour, so some people dip out suddenly between bars Although, for the most part great stuff happens at the meetups and we rarely talk about games. We normally just riff on each other, drink, and have a good time.

Thanks, I appreciate the run down. Will probably roll on by then and stick around if its crazy enough. The chelsea barcade should be pretty lol btw, i used to live down in chelsea and the bars along 7th/8th ave can get pretty interesting

arab

You're not c qwark

1114.gif

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched game of thrones. time to peacefully lay back in bed and drift away to sleep with nothing to be upset about.

Gvaz

Banned
My fucking boss insisted i was 6 minutes late when I wasn't, then halfway through talking he goes SORRY I MEANT THE GUY SITTING NEXT TO YOU

WHAT.

Gvaz

Banned
Why were you late elo?

I was 15 minutes early. We have two systems, one for payment which you can punch 5 minutes early, then one for actual punches for attendance. You have 60 seconds to punch in before you're late.

I got a call in 30 seconds after punching in 10 seconds after 12:30pm. There's no way i was late when i was watching for the time to change like i've done for 5 days a week for the past 2 months. (there is also a lag with the system for it to update of about 5 seconds)

The guy next to me was late and he apologized but still fuck, gave me a heart attack just about

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's interesting being the guy who runs the timeclock. Turns out I'm on time every single day, so punctual.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
New selfie. It's June 2nd and thoroughly scarf weather. I'm a comfy dude.

Also this shirt is even wrinklier IRL

J2d

I threw my cig pack in the trash yesterday, took a bike ride in the sun today and then bought another pack of cigarettes, picked up a couple of beers and started drinking while listening to Alan vega and going through some photo books, life is good.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sunny and 70 the next few days here. 😎

Perfect cause it's comfortable and you can still wear a hoodie or a nice cardigan without burning up. Shorts and t-shirts are lame.

Working on a new mix, it's so majestic I could cry. Helps me not focus on just how much I hate my fucking job, which also makes me want to cry but not in the good way.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I showed up to work an hour early by accident :|

I'm buying some good loot though. Gonna make postcards and send them to the illuminati.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I won't let this thread die into 12 hour necrophy.
Thanks.

Tonights the first night in a week where having a few drinks hasn't made me feel kinda sick. I'm back!!'

I want a cig but I'm in some lounge on the 10th floor of a building. 🚭

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just accidentally bought a gluten free beer after forgetting my wallet on the same day I showed up to work an hour early by accident. I need to quit smoking pot.

kehs

Banned
Thanks.

Tonights the first night in a week where having a few drinks hasn't made me feel kinda sick. I'm back!!'

I want a cig but I'm in some lounge on the 10th floor of a building. ��

What a coincidence. This is the first night in a week where I'm gonna feel sick.

Did either of you guys check out that youtube i posted about the flame box?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah that looked pcool.

It's partially due to not being with a stoner roommate or having easy access but I almost never smoke pot now. Got high like once in the past two months. I could pee 100% clean ATM. It's crazy.

I def miss it sometimes but being clean of it and not thinking of it is prob better than being high all the time and getting anxious when I'm out. There isn't much middle ground for me. It's kinda liberating I guess.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Watching it now, kehs. Didn't see it before.

This gluten free beer is ok but I'm glad the other one I bought has gluten in it.

edit: OMG thats wonderful

^Yeah I agree with the middle ground sentiment. I'm either smoking weed multiple times a day or not at all. I can't just smoke like once or twice a week because you get too fucked up that way. Having access to dispensaries definitely makes it easier.. and my garden is getting pretty big. I posted pics a few weeks ago and they are substantially larger now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fairly drunk. There's only one person I miss but I do miss that person a lot.

It's so nice out. I think my gf hates me.

kehs

Banned
Get some proper servers evilore, jesus fucking christ.

I just got a message that essentially said...

"You just posted this within 5 minutes , this is a repeat post"

This used to be a 5 second measures.

Just caused i wanted to <3 arab.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but don't a lot of people read neogaf now? I never ever ever consider the fact that lurkers read gaf. It creeps me out in a way.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This thread is tucked away but even we have lurkers watchin us. S'up y'all. &#128139; Some will end up with accounts and join in.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I've started getting back into Dark Souls. My fighting style is a little different after so much time away.

But yeah. Dark Souls.

EdmondD

Moving is exhausting, first time I've drank in like three days.

Helped a friend move. What a pain in the ass. It's funny how when you really need help people tend to disappear. Is it that hard to move a bit of furniture? Aparrently it is. He asked some friends and they say yeah I'll help you move and then they can't the day of. Fuck you.

I need to drink like a third of a large bottle of vodka just to feel anything. Try to drown my sorrows and it just ain't working. I'm so lonely it makes me sick.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Helped a friend move. What a pain in the ass. It's funny how when you really need help people tend to disappear. Is it that hard to move a bit of furniture? Aparrently it is. He asked some friends and they say yeah I'll help you move and then they can't the day of. Fuck you.

I need to drink like a third of a large bottle of vodka just to feel anything. Try to drown my sorrows and it just ain't working. I'm so lonely it makes me sick.

My roommate that I moved in with helped me and was a real bro. I packed most of my stuff, but he pretty much completely disassembled and reassembled my bed and helped me clean my old place so I'd get all of my deposit back. I gave him a beer the day of and bought him a pizza today.

EdmondD

My roommate that I moved in with helped me and was a real bro. I packed most of my stuff, but he pretty much completely disassembled and reassembled my bed and helped me clean my old place so I'd get all of my deposit back. I gave him a beer the day of and bought him a pizza today.

One beer? You fucking cheapskate ;). Nah you were a true bro buying him pizza. True bros look out for one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom