• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drunk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm. Maybe I'll finally get around to listening to The Smiths. Circumstances seem right. Been saving that one for a rainy day.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
As if the new guy wasn't already adorable enough.. I caught him in the back alley vaping butterscotch flavored nicotine today. LOL

Minus_Me

What are your thoughts on Sonic Youth?

Used to be a fan, the first album I played when I took over my school's radio station was Sister. Just haven't listened to them in years.

Going to dig back into some late 80's/90's stuff soon. Even The Smiths so I might reconsider.

AcridMeat

Banned
Used to be a fan, the first album I played when I took over my school's radio station was Sister. Just haven't listened to them in years.

Going to dig back into some late 80's/90's stuff soon. Even The Smiths so I might reconsider.
Yes, get back to it all minus. Listen to The Cure and be merry.

hoggert

ps4 arrived. time to drink some toasted head, eat 50% off dominos pizza cuz even though im a nyer all the places in my neighborhood suck, and clap but first i must scoop cat shit. i should make a "just got a ps4 what are some good games" thread gaming side like all those wiiu and vita idiots because im self entitled and lazy

psn is in my profile, got destiny atm, getting dragon age in a couple

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I played 🐲 Age until like 6AM LN. 😳 Addictive AF.

Tween that, GTA and LBP I'm basically set w/ games all winter.

Get'sMad

Gonna go to the record shop and create a new collection in one swoop.

need to do this soon. I go in phases of buying a bunch of records and then like not buying anymore for months. Collection has been getting stagnant as fuck lately. Maybe I'll get drunk and spend too much money at discogs this weekend.

Minus_Me

need to do this soon. I go in phases of buying a bunch of records and then like not buying anymore for months. Collection has been getting stagnant as fuck lately. Maybe I'll get drunk and spend too much money at discogs this weekend.

One of the issues I have is that a considerable portion of my Jazz records are actually worth quite a bit. I tend to buy original pressings/rare/foreign ones and than buy reprints to actually listen to them.

I've been looking into laser record players but the upfront cost is considerable at present and probably for the future as well.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Snuggler
Hoggert
Jtwo

Legendary fireteam combination right there. Hoggert is team captain obviously.

J. Bravo

Man I've been skipping the labs all semester long but somehow I still have more checkoffs than half the people taking EMT..... IDK wtf those clowns were doing lol.

hoggert

I have a lvl 22 warlock and a 26 Titan xferred over from the ps3 version

Gettin used to the ds4 is tough especially with no start button

Minus_Me

JeanBeliveau500__2_.JPG

RIP

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Me and Hoggert and a friend from RL just did the weekly strike. Team captain was a true team captain and revived us hella times.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa dude I just purchased some jalapeño flavored popcorn at whole foods to go with my sandwich since it's the sandWitching hour and the popcorn bag is talking about how this is the preferred snack for fighter pilots. :eek:

Just came home, stressful day at work ,... had a six pack of sapporos, and oh boy.... what a feeling ....
.. ah
don't know if anyone posted this before but is so hard to find this thread while drunk LOL

Get'sMad

One of the issues I have is that a considerable portion of my Jazz records are actually worth quite a bit. I tend to buy original pressings/rare/foreign ones and than buy reprints to actually listen to them.

I've been looking into laser record players but the upfront cost is considerable at present and probably for the future as well.

I don't mind represses unless its some "DIGITALLY REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL ANALOG TAPES" shit which always makes my head explode.

Whats your vinyl setup like now? I've rocked a Debut III, acrylic platter with an Ortofon 2M Blue for years now and couldn't be happier. Thought of upgrading before but am just like naaah....got too much other shit to spend dough on.

Get'sMad

��

I love how good that Sony minidisc player still looks chilling next to a device that was released like 15 years after it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Trust me. I know. It's just so expensive. Someday.
That thing was released in like 2006. lol.

Can I buy it from you?

Minus_Me

Trust me. I know. It's just so expensive. Someday.
That thing was released in like 2006. lol.

Can I buy it from you?

I always lose the auction when one comes on ebay. Looked in Tokyo when I'm there and nadda also.

There's one up now, 27 bids, 2 days to go and already 399.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The thing about the mz rh-1 is that it can be recognized as a generic drive and have tracks pulled off the MD through drag and drop. It's like the final piece to the puzzle. To my knowledge no other player has this functionality. I keep my eye on the netmd home brew software manager scene and there are a few programs that are compatible with netmds but man... Drag and dropping your tracks off the player.. That is quite something.

Minus_Me

The thing about the mz rh-1 is that it can be recognized as a generic drive and have tracks pulled off the MD through drag and drop. It's like the final piece to the puzzle. To my knowledge no other player has this functionality. I keep my eye on the netmd home brew software manager scene and there are a few programs that are compatible with netmds but man... Drag and dropping your tracks off the player.. That is quite something.

The thing is the pinnacle of the format, such an amazing piece of consumer electronics.

Those pics are amazing. What an amazing product.

My love for the aesthetic of the devices is probably linked to Johnny Mnemonic when I was 11ish.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'd get home from school and get on my dialup and pour through sonys websites and minidisc community pages in like 95-96 goddamn i was a cool kid.

Minus_Me

I do have a deck that takes MiniDiscs but I have no idea where it can be. Must be at my parents house, going to have to find it. Probably where all my discs ended up as well. My father used to travel to japan back in the 80's and 90's and brought so much cool gadgets back. I have a ton of Minidisc albums lying around somewhere.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Minidiscs inspire me so much every fantasy within me

J. Bravo

vaporizers don't leave any trace, right? smell wise i mean. no skunky or burning or smoky smells? so theoretically i could smoke it in my home with my parents being none the wiser?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Had a couple with some homies then was heading to pint nite but that girl summoned me to another place. Not sure what her angle is here but whatev it's better than rolling out solo I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom