• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drunk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sorry to ruin fun times with that post but I had to get it out. I have a thing I've wrote about the value of tragedy and love lost but I'm too drunk for that now. But anyways I do now have a newfound appreciation of my two other cats. I'm a jerk for not giving them the love they deserve.

Wool

Matthew Dellavedova's basketball game tonight has got me all motivated. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life, etc, etc. Motivational music jams https://youtu.be/eLEwnrJNDRk

This is really hard for me to write. I haven't been able to share this with anyone but my mom and dad because it's so painful to admit it's happening and that it's not just a bad dream. But my beloved cat dm recently got sick. And I knew right away it was bad. 4-5 years ago I had a cat so much like him, same age even, who suddenly got sick and died. Dm had all the same symptoms. I took him to the vet a few days ago and he has feline leukemia which is 100% fatal. They wanted me to euthenize him righf then but I couldn't. I've been with him at home trying to be there every now and then he gets up and acts like him self but most of the time he's just fading away. Life is fucked.

That's terrible to hear. Hope he gets some good final moments w/ you.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Thanks wool. I still have foxey the most skittish cat in the world only like two people ever have been allowed to touch her but since day one she has loved me unconditionally. She's scared of everyone and everything but the day i adopted her she sat on my lap.

She disappeared for over three weeks after an accident we thought she was gone forever (4 years ago) but now I'm trying to type this as she climbs on me and headbutts my hand.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The other cat is Bugsy. When Foxy disappeared we eventually thought she was gone forever and my ex convinced me to get us another cat. We got one, then foxy showed up after all that time starved and dirty but still alive. But then the cat we got died of leukemia and in our grief we looked for a new kitten but adopted this goofy cat who was pawing at us through his cell at the humane society. Took him home and tbh he's the sweetest and chillest cat I've ever known.

Get'sMad

This is really hard for me to write. I haven't been able to share this with anyone but my mom and dad because it's so painful to admit it's happening and that it's not just a bad dream. But my beloved cat dm recently got sick. And I knew right away it was bad. 4-5 years ago I had a cat so much like him, same age even, who suddenly got sick and died. Dm had all the same symptoms. I took him to the vet a few days ago and he has feline leukemia which is 100% fatal. They wanted me to euthenize him righf then but I couldn't. I've been with him at home trying to be there every now and then he gets up and acts like him self but most of the time he's just fading away. Life is fucked.

Maaaan.....I'm so sorry Snuggs that's awful :( worked at a vet hospital for years and feline leukemia sucks so much....

DM is legit one of the most gorgeous cats I've ever seen.

Wool

I've had two cats die. They were from the same litter. One got hit by a car when it was ~5 and the other lived until it was 16 and really scraggly. It sucks no matter when it happens, but at least it's more on your terms when you have to put it down.

I've had pretty bad insomnia the past 10 days or so. Basically since I got out of the hospital and have had no schedule whatsoever. If I didn't have roommates I would probably make coffee right now and start doing laundry and cleaning and shit. I ought to get a 1 bedroom apt so I wouldn't be held back by their norms and schedules. Sleep is a waste of time.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My condolences. I can't offer anything but my empathy and sympathy. My cat suddenly got sick and died without warning. I'm not sure if that's better or worse, but I understand how painful the loss of a pet is. I still miss him. Sorry, man.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Really sorry to hear about DM, snuggs. Such a beautiful cat.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This is just one of those life events that's just senseless tragedy. It's not like when I lost my job, or one of the relationship failures where it hurts, but it contains some sort of silver-lining by being learning experience or a chance for a new beginning, it's just pain. It would be hard under any circumstances, but all of this is happening in a time when I've already been barely hanging on by just a tiny thread. When I first started to realize this is happening I thought it might be the final blow that destroys me.

But as painful as it all is, I've been trying to be thankful. I'm obv not thankful that I lost a beloved companion so soon, but he was most likely born with this sickness, and this was his fate. I'm thankful that despite all odds me and this creature somehow crossed paths, and we got to spend this time together. I'm not saying he couldn't have had a decent life without me, but I'm confident that no one else could have loved him and valued him as much as I did. And I'm lucky to have known him, and to had his companionship through some of the darkest and loneliest days of my life. None of this makes losing him hurt less, but I guess it helps me make sense of it all moving forward.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The thing about death is that u will see everyone and everything u know and love die. Nothing u can do but treasure their memory continue 2 survive until it's ur turn.

Through all the weeping I realized that I wasn't just weeping for DM (even tho that was enough reason), but everything I've been through over the past few years. I needed that rly bad. I thought this might be the end of me, but instead I've been feeling I dunno...awakened. I guess that's my silver lining. To be cleansed of at least some of the darkness that has manifested itself inside of me and to finally feel something real for the first time in a long time. Sadness, but also gratitude. Knowing that even tho life is so full of pain, that the love and companionship we experience along the way makes it all worth suffering through.

Anyways, I'll try not to post about this 2 much more, just obv had a lot of stuff I needed to get out of my head.

I'm currently trying to create a music album as a joke for my best friend for his birthday. It has been quite some fun so far even though all tracks are terrible.

Salsa

just now asked ex (venezuela) about a pic of me she apparently now deleted from her instagram, mostly cause I wanted to know if she has a copy since I liked it, and from nowhere she drops that she's dating this guy that she likes a whole lot and doesnt want pics of her ex on her stuff

ugh I didnt wanna know. im a child about these things and now im fucking bothered

J. Bravo

sorry to hear about yung death machine snuggles :( very sad news

should i watch fear and loathing in las vegas or clerks? never seen either.

arab

sorry to hear about yung death machine snuggles :( very sad news

should i watch fear and loathing in las vegas or clerks? never seen either.

clerks

j2 part of the reason i'm going to see this girl is because we have a deep love for jurassic park and want to see world together

and sex

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
cool!
linnet and i have been watching a toooon of star trek lately

we went and saw her dad over the weekend and he was trying to get us to watch the star trek animate series

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I want to see Dinoboys for sure. I enjoyed watching even the dumb Jurassic Park movies. I also still need to see Mad Max. I just rly suck at seeing movies at the theater. Thinking maybe I'll hit up both b2b sometime in the next week. 🐲🚵🏻

Get'sMad

watched the OG Jurassic Park recently and I was kinda taken aback about how crappy the CGI was which I mean makes sense it was 1994 for christ sakes but I remember thinking it was so much better but thats because I was probably primarily recalling all the scenes w/ animatronics which there were much fewer of than I remembered.

w/ that being said still looking forward to this turd!!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
watched the OG Jurassic Park recently and I was kinda taken aback about how crappy the CGI was which I mean makes sense it was 1994 for christ sakes but I remember thinking it was so much better but thats because I was probably primarily recalling all the scenes w/ animatronics which there were much fewer of than I remembered.

w/ that being said still looking forward to this turd!!
Wut you talking out man, cgi, still holds up

hoggert

Saw 14 year old wearing nirvana tshirt. Feels weird man. Makes me want to work on my dad bod with more beer and write for buzzfeed

Salsa

seriously tho what kind of asshole tells an ex-boyfriend "im dating a guy and I like him a lot", "im very happy"

just say "im seeing someone" if you have to, dont mention how excited you are about it or how much happier you are to a fucking ex boyfriend, 2 days after his grandpa died

what a bitch

J. Bravo

seriously tho what kind of asshole tells an ex-boyfriend "im dating a guy and I like him a lot", "im very happy"

just say "im seeing someone", dont mention how excited you are about it to a fucking ex boyfriend, 2 days after his grandpa died

what a bitch

maybe she wants to make you jealous and think about her more and get stuck on her so that when her bf looks at her phone and sees your texts he blows up and causes drama within their relationship and she guilt trips him into treating her better so she doesn't text her ex anymore.

anyone have any good playlists with stuff from early-mid 2000s? like all american rejects, fallout boy, shit like that. hip hop is allowed too.

Salsa

I legit think she just doesnt realize. one of the things with this girl is that she just lacks empathy to a surprising level. she's just self-centered in nature, not evil, just a terrible trait

I just wish she wasnt so god damn hot and the best sex in my life. im surprised at how superficial im bein in terms of why I miss her I guess, cause realistically I know everything real about that relationship was bunk as fuck, but the sex game was ludicrous and girls here are just so much more contained. venezuela is crazy

J. Bravo

let it go, tell her thnks fr th mmrs, and say bye bitch

tumblr_mxh5sdbEjt1rs5d04o2_500.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

just say "im seeing someone" if you have to, dont mention how excited you are about it or how much happier you are to a fucking ex boyfriend, 2 days after his grandpa died

what a bitch

As an internet friend and an objective third party, it sounds like you're still not over her at all. Regardless of her intentions, if you're this shaken up over whatever she said then you still got a long way to go. Obv you can't just turn off your feelings but it should go without saying that making any contact with her life whether it's direct (messaging) or indirect (instagram lurking) is only gonna halt or even reverse the progress you need to make imo.

J. Bravo

^word

I'm currently enjoying country fried steak, mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, and a lovely salad with a beer. This food is so good

Get'sMad

As an internet friend and an objective third party, it sounds like you're still not over her at all. Regardless of her intentions, if you're this shaken up over whatever she said then you still got a long way to go. Obv you can't just turn off your feelings but it should go without saying that making any contact with her life whether it's direct (messaging) or indirect (instagram lurking) is only gonna halt or even reverse the progress you need to make imo.

Sound advice. Yeah...it can be tough in our extremely retarded social networking age but thats always the best route to take. It'll either lead to you getting over someone quicker or give you the better shot of having another shot w/ them in the future.

Salsa

totes

it's just the first "real" breakup on true internet age. it's annoying. it was way easier before. girl being in a band and all over youtube/fb/instagram/straight up latin american news cause of a new record or whatever doesnt help either.

don't think im gonna delete anything but i'll just try to stay away, or at least I know that's what I should do

im only human. new girl and being away should help eventually tho, there's days and days. sometimes I feel like im absolutely over it and then this happens. Im kinda like that tho, from experience. I know it'll be fine in the end, got over way tougher shit before

thanks snuggs

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I guess it's easy for me to say since it's been so long since I've that kind of thing w a girl. Even with the last few ex's it's like either I don't care at apl or I'm tbh glad to hear about something like that since it means they're moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom