• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drunk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Fine. Mostly. Got mobbed by scarecrows in the Royal Wood last night.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, its the first one still. The add-on content, artorias of the abyss. Its really good so far. To unlock it you have to bring a broken pedant from the Dukes Archives back down to the bottom of dark root basin where you saved dusk of oolacile. Then you go in a weird portal thing and it takes you to another area. Its really cool.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Cope we still like you, you can still hang out and play with the gang.

My hardshit is these fucking account transfers that don't work it makes me so angry. I hope they fire me soon.

coldvein

Banned
yo im in that thread too

but nobody wants to draw me

i guess that makes me sad

i put up THE CLASSIC and nobody wants to draw it. dickhowlsz

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if the cat covenant is back in dark souls 2?

coldvein

Banned
this port shit is not fucking around. im serious. jesus. i remember them old kerouac stories about riding the rails with bottles of port and shit. it all makes sense now

coldvein

Banned
my buddy told me a story last night about how he was hanging with a few gay fashion dudes, like literally gay dudes who are in the fashion business, and he wanted to murder them all but was afraid it might be construed as a hate crime.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yo, legitimately considering playing Shadows of the Empire later this afternoon.

kehs

Banned
Were they being flagrant?

Cause under penal code USC 1823.383 you're allowed to kill people for being annoying.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
-T.: Besides steam wallet money?
Jtwo: a game, i guess?
[--T.: Hmm.. Depends on which?
Jtwo: luftrausers
[-T.: You do not play antother game where you use items?
[-T.: I do not think i can afford that, but do i get all your Team Fortress 2 items?
[-T.: Sir?
[-T.: All your green*
[-T.: Sir?

Dude people want things from you at every step.

coldvein

Banned
well he was at one of theirs apartments, and all they do apparently is show eachother pictures of clothes on their phones, so theyre on their phones constantly, and at some point theyre laughing like jackals at people who make clothes with cloth bought from joanne fabric (or whatever its called)

and my boy grew up poor in arkansas with his mom making them clothes out of shit way less quality than joanne fabric

and was just like "wow"

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
well he was at one of theirs apartments, and all they do apparently is show eachother pictures of clothes on their phones, so theyre on their phones constantly, and at some point theyre laughing like jackals at people who make clothes with cloth bought from joanne fabric (or whatever its called)

and my boy grew up poor in arkansas with his mom making them clothes out of shit way less quality than joanne fabric

and was just like "wow"

Instant douches. Do they actually make clothes and stuff? I have a joannes membership card. Not even joking. They actually do have a poor fabric selection, but "being into fashion" and making fun of joannes is like being a compsci major and laughing at people who shop at radioshack. Those guys sound like a clueless small little boys.

Instant douches. Do they actually make clothes and stuff? I have a joannes membership card. Not even joking. They actually do have a poor fabric selection, but "being into fashion" and making fun of joannes is like being a compsci major and laughing at people who shop at radioshack. Those guys sound like a clueless small little boys.

joanne is ok for upholstery but their clothing fabrics are pretty bad. on the other hand, i know a couple of people who have hand knit sweaters from alpaca and such and they look great, or have made a shirt from a nice 2 ply cotton. i dunno, a lot of fashion consumers are too tribal for my tastes.

coldvein

Banned

yeah, they were obviously douchey cunts, from my understanding. but yeah, they make clothes.

we ended up discussing fashion as an art form, its merits, etc etc. and how fucked up it is. dont hate me Mac.

i could never hate you bb. even if you wore nothing but hollister sweats.

oh gimme your address so i can send you that shit i mentioned like a million pages ago.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
One time about 18 months ago when I was making an iPad case I went to Britex Fabrics in San Francisco. It was amazing. Its seriously 4 or 5 stories tall and its all fabric and handcraft materials. The 30 minute drive puts it out reach for me though.

Noshino

joanne is ok for upholstery but their clothing fabrics are pretty bad. on the other hand, i know a couple of people who have hand knit sweaters from alpaca and such and they look great, or have made a shirt from a nice 2 ply cotton. i dunno, a lot of fashion consumers are too tribal for my tastes.

alpaca fiber is great

still remember grandma knitting sweater of alpaca and vicuña wool and my brothers and i hating them when we were kids. oh boy had i known how pricey that wool can be hahaha

coldvein

Banned
its just unique, as an art form. look at like .. books, movies, paintings. completely different. i dont hate on people who dont have famous painters paintings in their house. a book is an open thing, almost everybody can get their hands on one, and get what they want out of it. same with music. fashion creates real divisions between people. there's a class/money element to it. especially looking at like .. younger kids. i remember being made to feel like a piece of shit in 6th grade because i couldnt afford the right shoes or the right JNCOs. i think its especially bad for young girls, though.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I super duper appreciate fashion. I'm a tumblr/design blog fiend. The amount of fashion and design imagery I consume on a daily basis is alarming.

i don't think it will be quite so bad now that we have stuff like h&m, uniqlo and american apparel that are considered acceptable to the masses and fashion types, and brands like abercrombie and co are kind of considered passe. even the cheap department stores (penny, walmart etc) are stepping it up. it's not like when i was kid and i got to choose from a selection of microfiber shirts and pants and grandpa jeans.

coldvein

Banned
i was just thinking like .. why do i wear a certain pair of jeans? why levis 511's? why do i wear little skinny t-shirts? ultimately, because i care about "fashion" on some level.

but i also think it should be completely acceptable to wear a burlap sack for pants and a cut up pillowcase to work. it serves the same function as what i wear, and costs $2. who gives a fuck.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
its just unique, as an art form. look at like .. books, movies, paintings. completely different. i dont hate on people who dont have famous painters paintings in their house. a book is an open thing, almost everybody can get their hands on one, and get what they want out of it. same with music. fashion creates real divisions between people. there's a class/money element to it. especially looking at like .. younger kids. i remember being made to feel like a piece of shit in 6th grade because i couldnt afford the right shoes or the right JNCOs. i think its especially bad for young girls, though.

I think you're confusing two different things. One being actual fashion and design sense, the other being brand relevance. Its absolutely easy to be fashionable on a modest budget. Obviously if you're in true poverty then its gonna be difficult to dedicate resources.. but thats true for any hobby or interest. I know that Brand culture is a part of the CAPITAL F fashion world. But at the same time being fashionable has nothing to do with brand.

Noshino

god i love the fact that uniqlo is so cheap here yet their quality is great

i ll really miss it once i leave japan :(

but adding up to what j2 said, ive seen quite a few people stay fashionable with very few resources, they were pretty good at finding clothes at good will, salvation army and garage sales.

coldvein

Banned
i hear you. but to me the idea that something is "fashionable" or not is alien. its something ive grown to accept, but i still dont believe in it.

the judgment aspect of it is strange to me. like how we instantly judge eachother on what we're wearing. like, im the nicest, funniest, most charming dude in the world, i look really good naked, but there is a HUGE chunk of the female population who wouldn't even consider talking to me because im wearing sambas and jeans and a hoodie at the bar.

kehs

Banned
coldvein, I've learned the hard way that you gotta dress the right way to get in the door. There are exceptions though.

I've learned to the play the part because I have to, not because I want to.

It's bogus but meh.

You can play that "Ill dress how I want" card up to a point. It doesn't cut it after a while.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
i hear you. but to me the idea that something is "fashionable" or not is alien. its something ive grown to accept, but i still dont believe in it.

the judgment aspect of it is strange to me. like how we instantly judge eachother on what we're wearing. like, im the nicest, funniest, most charming dude in the world, i look really good naked, but there is a HUGE chunk of the female population who wouldn't even consider talking to me because im wearing sambas and jeans and a hoodie at the bar.

Well those people are just monsters. Fashion is subjective, everyone is constantly going around the world thinking
  • "I like the way that looks"
  • "I don't like the way that looks."
what you do with the conclusions you arrive at is up to you.

coldvein

Banned
coldvein, I've learned the hard way that you gotta dress the right way to get in the door. There are exceptions though.

I've learned to the play the part because I have to, not because I want to.

It's bogus but meh.

it is bogus, that's all i'm saying. i'm not saying i've been cut off sexually for the past decade because i dress a certain way. the doors are open. too open for my own good, even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom