• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drunk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I like it. Taking pride in how you look says nothing but good things about you. Pride isn't vanity. There is some element of conformity that comes into play when you decide your aesthetic. But you then realize its your choice.

And I mean if someone is judging you for your pants theres nothing you can do about it. Thats like, such a nonissue. People are judging you for the mole on your neck too, and how sloppily your shoes are tied. People are judging you by how quickly you accelerate your vehicle.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I really like clothing and a perfectly chosen outfit is a huge confidence boost for me, but I don't really give a fuck about brands. I just go to a wide variety of stores and search for diamonds in the rough. I like to be inventive about it, and picking out the stuff that defines me the best, rather than being like "hey look how much I spent on this!" That kind of attitude grosses me out a bit tbh, it seems like the exclusiveness of the name or the price on the tag is more important than anything else. But I guess it's just not my thing.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wearing cutoffs, a tiedye shirt I tiedyed when I was 18, and a sweatshirt that is so worn out the zipper doesn't zip and the sleeves have holes in them.

basically i'm fly as fuck right now.

kehs

Banned
I really like clothing and a perfectly chosen outfit is a huge confidence boost for me, but I don't really give a fuck about brands. I just go to a wide variety of stores and search for diamonds in the rough. I like to be inventive about it, and picking out the stuff that defines me the best, rather than being like "hey look how much I spent on this!" That kind of attitude grosses me out a bit tbh, it seems like the exclusiveness of the name or the price on the tag is more important than anything else. But I guess it's just not my thing.

It's gross, definitely.

However it's the difference between being a worker and being a partner.

eh, it's pretty easy to spend money on exclusive or designer things that don't scream 'hey i shop at barneys'*. i'd say a large percentage of casual clothing fits this description, or at least the stuff i pursue, anyway. suits and formalwear are a bit different, but even if you get a suit from h&m people will automatically assume you're being fancy, showy etc. the average dude isn't going to see much of a difference between allen edmonds and john lobb.

edit: i forgot what i was gonna do with the *. so... *?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I think the only thing I'm picky about is shoes. I really only stick to a few brands of shoes.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's gross, definitely.

However it's the difference between being a worker and being a partner.

Yeah, for sure, I'm just talking about how I choose to dress as a civilian. I'd dress like Draper if I got paid like Draper. I'm in a business casual situation atm, though.

coldvein

Banned
I like it. Taking pride in how you look says nothing but good things about you. Pride isn't vanity. There is some element of conformity that comes into play when you decide your aesthetic. But you then realize its your choice.

And I mean if someone is judging you for your pants theres nothing you can do about it. Thats like, such a nonissue. People are judging you for the mole on your neck too, and how sloppily your shoes are tied. People are judging you by how quickly you accelerate your vehicle.

i think we should all have to wear all brown suits every day.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
eh, it's pretty easy to spend money on exclusive or designer things that don't scream 'hey i shop at barneys'*. i'd say a large percentage of casual clothing fits this description, or at least the stuff i pursue, anyway. suits and formalwear are a bit different, but even if you get a suit from h&m people will automatically assume you're being fancy, showy etc. the average dude isn't going to see much of a difference between allen edmonds and john lobb.

For the rec, I'm not trying to shit on everyone who appreciates higher fashion, it's just as valid of a way to fill the gaping hole as any other hobby or interest. I guess I'm just saying that high fashion doesn't trump practical fashion, it all comes down to whatever you wear the best. Or something, it doesn't really matter. Who cares.

outside of high-high fashion (ie couture and well-regarded bespoke) i don't think it's really meant to objectively trump anything, or at least this is the impression i get from reading interviews with some designers etc. consumers on the other hand, tend to apply that metric, and i think it's erroneous and misguided.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Good from what I understand, I just see pictures online and shit, pretty detached from it from the most part.

AcridMeat

Banned
How was it? Another Seattle friend of mine recently went to LA as well and said Dicks was better.

He's a big flaming hetero though.

coldvein

Banned
How was it? Another Seattle friend of mine recently went to LA as well and said Dicks was better.

He's a big flaming hetero though.

totally different beasts. in n out tastes more like a real burger. dicks is delicious, but its not really a burger. it is its own thing. it is delicious tho, no doubt.

vein I love you but, no more hats and tshirts.

ha ha.

Good from what I understand, I just see pictures online and shit, pretty detached from it from the most part.

at least it isnt dead. i had an old homie who had to be separated from his daughter. fucked up situation but it turned out to be for the best.

Nice gold chain.

this t shirt (fashionable) is 10 years old.

i worked with a dude who had another coworker buy and disassemble an in'n'out burger, freeze it, and bring it back. can't imagine it tasted good, but the thirst is apparently real.

all these burger places taste 90% the same to me so eh.

edit: i haven't talked to my family for the better part of a decade now.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah they're very different. I think my friend just meant he prefers the type of food dicks is more.
at least it isnt dead. i had an old homie who had to be separated from his daughter. fucked up situation but it turned out to be for the best.
This entire time I thought snuggler was commenting on In-N-Out. So long as everyone's happy (enough) with the situation it's for the best.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

It's just one of those 'it is what is is' situations. I care and everything, but our lives are too far apart. I help when I can, but as fucked as it sounds you kinda have to be detached from the day-to-day reality of it when you're not directly involved, otherwise it'll just eat away at you. But he's in a good place and that's all that really matters. 👍

Yeah new Spotify is dope. I love that you can save albums now, I've been obsessively building my liberry since the update.

coldvein

Banned
It's just one of those 'it is what is is' situations. I care and everything, but our lives are too far apart. I help when I can, but as fucked as it sounds you kinda have to be detached from the day-to-day reality of it when you're not directly involved, otherwise it'll just eat away at you. But he's in a good place and that's all that really matters.

i hear you man. as i said, been close to such a situation. it is what it is. not judgin.

arab when are we getting drunk in seattle

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Drinking an IPA and chasin it with a sparkling water IMO I'm in heaven

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Tomorrow is a long time from now. Plenty of time to drink more.

I really wanna go for a bike ride tonight but by the time I'm done with work and laundry it'll be dark and cold as fuck. FML. 😑

kehs

Banned
You can find them online if you look hard enough, just pm people in threads I frequent.

God I just realized there's pictures of me online.

kehs

Banned
No it doesn't coldvein.

I'm not being harsh like someone I wont' mention, but you should totally get dressed up in like an italian dress shirt and some slacks, maybe a vest.

A nice timepiece and the world is yours.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Lagunitas Maximus at room temperature the way god intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom