• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drunk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoggert

nq6qScQ.jpg

hoggert

steaming them
not all of the rolls would fit into the pasta pot and that takes forever to boil with anyway

like every new thread is XX years ago Y came out

Anteater

alright where do i find that pursuer dude that was riding on a fucking dragon, he killed me and just left

i mean like wtf who even does that

Qasiel

I've not posted in here for ages, but you're all still my favourite thread. Got some time off coming up and I think I'll be getting in the beers.

hoggert

cheap spanish wine

time to make some sort of fucking wildcard filter for threads like ten years ago today i drank myself into a stupor because of shit 10 years ago today some random game came out

im thinking of double dipping on the talos principle for the ps4. finally got off destiny long enough to screw around with it on my pc but my computer is such a beater im getting real poor performance and the game is fucking amazing and i want to enjoy it in TRUE HD fashion

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
At the bar feeling alone and depressed. Should just go home and feel more comfortable but it's even lonelier there. Guess there is #noescape from this.

spent all weekend filming a short for class tomorrow and now i'm staying up until it gets light out to edit it and color it for my 9am class tomorrow

so much better than having finals

Wool

Fuck you Dark Souls 2 is great

Dark Souls 2 was weird. I liked it a lot while I was playing, but it just wasn't as good as DS1 or Demons Souls. The levels in those first two games were amazing. Dark Souls 2 had a lot of weirdly designed areas that didn't make any sense.

Haven't played Bloodborne yet, and it'll probably be a long time before I get a PS4. Is that good?

I kinda want to see the special screening of the BTTF trilogy, but the German dub sucks ass. Then again it would be awesome to see the movies on the big screen.

Dark Souls 2 was weird. I liked it a lot while I was playing, but it just wasn't as good as DS1 or Demons Souls. The levels in those first two games were amazing. Dark Souls 2 had a lot of weirdly designed areas that didn't make any sense.

Haven't played Bloodborne yet, and it'll probably be a long time before I get a PS4. Is that good?
At the time I really wanted to like Dark Souls 2 more than either of the first two games, but with hindsight it's clear that the game isn't even close.

There are some really solid areas, but most of them aren't nearly as memorable as the locations in Demons Souls or Dark Souls. I agree about the weird design choices as well.

Anteater

dark souls 2 has a really different approach to challenging the player, I wouldn't say they're really bad, just... different, I do love dark souls 1 a lot more though, even though for the lackluster second half, but so far 2 just isn't clicking with me.

Wool

At the time I really wanted to like Dark Souls 2 more than either of the first two games, but with hindsight it's clear that the game isn't even close.

There are some really solid areas, but most of them aren't nearly as memorable as the locations in Demons Souls or Dark Souls. I agree about the weird design choices as well.

Yeah exactly. The way you just keep going deeper and deeper and deeper underground in Dark Souls was fucking amazing. It felt like you would never get back to that first bonfire again. Castle > Lower Village Slums > Sewers > Shanty town in sewer pipe > Poisonous swamp at the bottom > Lava Cave below that > etc etc etc. Eventually you were in that Hell area and you'd spent like 20 hours of gameplay getting there. That giant tree area where you have to walk on the branches and that beach area with the singing in the background were also amazing. So much great atmosphere...

Wool

Over 800 posts to go, no talking about the new thread title yet. Remember when tuioshbraok started a new thread early instead of hitting 20,000? That was very upsetting

Get'sMad

Yeah exactly. The way you just keep going deeper and deeper and deeper underground in Dark Souls was fucking amazing. It felt like you would never get back to that first bonfire again. Castle > Lower Village Slums > Sewers > Shanty town in sewer pipe > Poisonous swamp at the bottom > Lava Cave below that > etc etc etc. Eventually you were in that Hell area and you'd spent like 20 hours of gameplay getting there. That giant tree area where you have to walk on the branches and that beach area with the singing in the background were also amazing. So much great atmosphere...

yeah DkS is really the goat game. Ash Lake is probably my favorite moment in a game ever despite it being the most linear thing in the game.

so hyped for 3. wish I got in on the stress test but oh well.

next thread title should just be drunk

or the drunk

you know like a remake
Casting my vote for "the drunk."

Over 800 posts to go, no talking about the new thread title yet. Remember when tuioshbraok started a new thread early instead of hitting 20,000? That was very upsetting
Remember when he snitched on drunk thread2 being over 20,000 posts when nobody wanted to use the other thread?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Finally confessed my feelings to her and had an amazing night. 👏 This one has got me all kinds of fucked up. Hanging out again 2day on my night off.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Good morning. Going pumpkin patching today.
^ awesome news!

hoggert

Finally confessed my feelings to her and had an amazing night. 👏 This one has got me all kinds of fucked up. Hanging out again 2day on my night off.
Awesome get in there lad and by get in there lad I mean cook her a wonderful dinner of chicken in reduced cider with hand cut home fries and a crisp pan fried kale and walnut salad followed by figs stuffed with gorganzola with a light honey dressing then Netflix and on the couch with a decanter of Hennessy and some crystal cut glasses and a fingerbang followed by anal in the shower

Meesh

Anyone here grow up on Vancouver Island?

Specifically the Comox valley?

Edit:

I just wanted to relate something from my teens that was truly amazing.

We used to frequent a cafe called Raggles End. It was a relaxed atmosphere of low old leather chairs and ancient tables that lured a mixed bag of suits, bikers, school kids and hippies... Damn near magical in their own homemade brewing of coffees and cheesecakes with a view to the street that was like a wide screen tv. Perfection.

Every Friday they'd have local talent show up and we'd pay a 5 buck cover to get in the smokey, loungey Raggles we loved. One night a gent by the name of Milo showed up, guitar in hand... I asked if he took requests and he said sure. I was sitting next to the mini stage my dad built for the owner, "Jack Raggles", and asked him to play Imagine.

He played. People stopped. Stopped everything as he played. The lines stopped moving, customers stopped paying, everyone just froze... Everyone was fixated on Milo playing Imagine. I turned to see everyone in a trance I've never witnessed since... A moment and sign of the times, rarely seen and understood only by those swallowed by a certain epiphany of clarity. A truth of being one.

When he finally stopped it was gone. We got more coffees...people ate their cheesecakes...but I'll never forget how the music Milo played held us captive, if only for a moment. I felt we were all in a singular direction, a unified voice, a community moved by an Idea, like a school of fish in the ocean we were there and gone. So was Milo.

I saw him playing in a laundry mat months later. I'm not sure he captured the same magic...but I got married, had 4 kids, and 20 years later I still remember what it was like to imagine with Milo at Raggles End.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom