• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drunk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wool

Anyone here grow up on Vancouver Island?

Specifically the Comox valley?

Edit:

I just wanted to relate something from my teens that was truly amazing.

We used to frequent a cafe called Raggles End. It was a relaxed atmosphere of low old leather chairs and ancient tables that lured a mixed bag of suits, bikers, school kids and hippies... Damn near magical in their own homemade brewing of coffees and cheesecakes with a view to the street that was like a wide screen tv. Perfection.

Every Friday they'd have local talent show up and we'd pay a 5 buck cover to get in the smokey, loungey Raggles we loved. One night a gent by the name of Milo showed up, guitar in hand... I asked if he took requests and he said sure. I was sitting next to the mini stage my dad built for the owner, "Jack Raggles", and asked him to play Imagine.

He played. People stopped. Stopped everything as he played. The lines stopped moving, customers stopped paying, everyone just froze... Everyone was fixated on Milo playing Imagine. I turned to see everyone in a trance I've never witnessed since... A moment and sign of the times, rarely seen and understood only by those swallowed by a certain epiphany of clarity. A truth of being one.

When he finally stopped it was gone. We got more coffees...people ate their cheesecakes...but I'll never forget how the music Milo played held us captive, if only for a moment. I felt we were all in a singular direction, a unified voice, a community moved by an Idea, like a school of fish in the ocean we were there and gone. So was Milo.

I saw him playing in a laundry mat months later. I'm not sure he captured the same magic...but I got married, had 4 kids, and 20 years later I still remember what it was like to imagine with Milo at Raggles End.

No, I'm from Minneapolis.

I think Minus_me lives in Vamcouver

Salsa

still feeling everything I ate yesterday. it destroyed my stomach

I ate like. a sandwich, then meat, then a lot of candy, then pickles, then pizza. all this with first wine then scotch then beer

feels like death. I hate weed again

0vhcnEY.jpg

this delorean in rocket league tho

Salsa

they're playing BTTF2 at a bar and I think some barista dudes are gonna dress up as marty and doc and whatnot and there's some BTTF themed drinks

ehh kinda wanna go but idk

Meesh

still feeling everything I ate yesterday. it destroyed my stomach

I ate like. a sandwich, then meat, then a lot of candy, then pickles, then pizza. all this with first wine then scotch then beer

feels like death. I hate weed again

0vhcnEY.jpg

this delorean in rocket league tho
No bro... No,no, no, no, no... You're doing wrong. ;) Ya don't do JD and pot, ya gotta drink a smokey/peaty/oaky scotch, like Lagavulin or Oban to enhance the flavours of both your preferred plant and drink. Trust me... They marry beautifully.

hoggert

some old lady went off next to me about "us 'extra' white people" while i was waiting for the subway lol just ignored her and she got upset and walked away lol

hoggert

Who here spent their teens in the 90's?
Yes
Toadies, steel pole bathtub, noise pollution, butter no 9 and later cibo matto. That and crappy underground rap and rave music like goa trance I'm too embarrassed to list. Oh and the sneaker pimps too

Meesh

Yes
Toadies, steel pole bathtub, noise pollution, butter no 9 and later cibo matto. That and crappy underground rap and rave music like goa trance I'm too embarrassed to list. Oh and the sneaker pimps too
Thanks, forgot Toad the wet Sprocket. 90's teens unite!!! :)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, its amazing what i put into my body without feeling these days

AcridMeat

Banned
Yay! God bless yew.

Pearl jam.
Sarah McLaughlin.
Nirvana.
Radio Head.
Pennywise.
Ministry.
NIN.
KMFDM.
Suicidal Tendencies.
Gin Blossoms.
Stone Temple Pilots.

...the list goes on. Teens in the 90's was best. God bless 90's drunk gaf!!!
I listen to 90% of those and wasn't a teen in the 90's. STP was my favorite band for a little while.

Salsa

you guys didnt even click on my pic you shits

im d-s-tr0yd

but i saved up for the wknd

aunts cousin wouldnt fuck again cause she was with some gay friends but she still 2cute so here;s a pic I took to keep with my drunk thread themes

mfJYcEc.jpg

she;s legit the best altho hadnt seen BTTF2 before

kinda sad how id take her overy any other but she knows it so she just keeps it casual and we barely hook up. straight up evil

Salsa

whatevs ive posted hotter pics of her and drunk veterans know

I should give up but every time I see her I at least grab some ass and kiss but yeah we need to fuck again and she even knows

she's perf tho. I truly would love this chick 4 lyfe. perfect height and face and bod and all. she even likes anime ya dweebs. wud marry and berry

lets make that film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom