• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drunk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Eh sorta. Spending the night at my friends house. They just got a new iMac and were making it into a usable computer.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm sort of at a point in my life where I'm basically impeding my own willingness to be happy. I'm never home anymore because of work so when I come home on the weekends I want nothing more than just to plant my ass on my couch for 48 hours. People invite me out but I make up excuses or lies as to why I can't go out. On top of that sitting at home just makes me depressed and neurotic. I often find myself thinking about things that I can readily avoid or things that I have no place in even being peeved to think about. It's a never ending cycle of fucking bullshit and here I am at the center of it drinking, sulking, and smoking the time away until Monday comes where I'm a perfectly normal and functional human being again. I usually sit around trying to think about if I can help people, if I actually care about people, when in reality every fucking person annoys me. Even those that usually don't bother are testing my patience and the people I count on are either never around or have their own problems they vent to me about. I sound fucking selfish but I'm just looking for someone else to not be as selfish as me for a change. At least keep it inside for the most part like I do. I don't complain much but I'm kinda feeling like soon there won't be room for me to complain at all. I don't want to be consumed by this bullshit pushing people away more. I don't wan to feel lonely and empty more than I already do. I pray a lot these days. I know a lot of people here aren't religious but I'm just looking for answers that aren't gonna be drowned away by a bottle. Drinking isn't even enjoyable for me anymore and I still drown myself on weekends, sometimes weekdays. I just want this moment in my life to pass.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Manny do you have any passions? I feel those triumph any joy drinking can overcome. I'm the same, usually drink or smoke my way through it. But I created something the other day in the first time for months and I was so happy.

I know a lot of times I feel as you describe but getting lost in things I love or passions helps so much.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Manny do you have any passions? I feel those triumph any joy drinking can overcome. I'm the same, usually drink or smoke my way through it. But I created something the other day in the first time for months and I was so happy.

I know a lot of times I feel as you describe but getting lost in things I love or passions helps so much.
Lol I'm just usually this way when I'm not fucking or in a relationship with anyone. Those are usually my passions. I have hobbies and shit but they bore me easily. I guess I'm just never satisfied. I'm gonna start going out again though. I've had a month to be a bum after breaking up with my ex. Time to get back out there.

Edit: I need a pet or a kid lol. Something to suck up all my time and irresponsibility

Surface of Me

I see what you sayin,

Mangs, I was looking at new house to movie in after my current lease ends, and I already want to fuck one of the girls living there. Was even picking up signals from her too, I went to look at the house and they gave me a beer after and put on Bob's Burgers.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I see what you sayin,

Mangs, I was looking at new house to movie in after my current lease ends, and I already want to fuck one of the girls living there. Was even picking up signals from her too, I went to look at the house and they gave me a beer after and put on Bob's Burgers.
How's living out in the south cheap? I'm probably gonna end up renting an apartment but shit a house wouldn't be out of the question

Surface of Me

How's living out in the south cheap? I'm probably gonna end up renting an apartment but shit a house wouldn't be out of the question

Depends on the city for rent really, just Dallas to Austin is a difference. I live in a college town though, so I assume rent is cheaper than usual. Other than that, it is cheap compared to other states. Rooms in houses are generally cheaper and better IMO if you get cool peeps or peeps who dont give a fuck. Sales tax is cheap, no state income tax.

AcridMeat

Banned
I usually sit around trying to think about if I can help people, if I actually care about people, when in reality every fucking person annoys me.
I told you that was the lie!

For me, I'll open up a little bit since you did. I'm in an area I don't like. A lot of people know that by now. Most everyone I enjoy hanging out with is nowhere near me. As such, I'm either a random get together once every month or left out altogether. That probably has as much to do with me as them.

So, when I was working 6 days a week, I actually felt great. I had an excuse for relaxing and having time to myself. I felt justified in it. I'm wasting my life and it's frustrating because I know what I have to do to change but it's just happening slowly, and later than everyone else. That's kind of how it's always been for me.

As for feeling the way you do Manny, I'd say try something you've had an outside interest in. Do something new if your hobbies don't hold your attention.

edit: Well if this post is gonna linger like a bad fart here's some music Jtwo and snuggles will enjoy.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I told you that was the lie!

For me, I'll open up a little bit since you did. I'm in an area I don't like. A lot of people know that by now. Most everyone I enjoy hanging out with is nowhere near me. As such, I'm either a random get together once every month or left out altogether. That probably has as much to do with me as them.

So, when I was working 6 days a week, I actually felt great. I had an excuse for relaxing and having time to myself. I felt justified in it. I'm wasting my life and it's frustrating because I know what I have to do to change but it's just happening slowly, and later than everyone else. That's kind of how it's always been for me.

As for feeling the way you do Manny, I'd say try something you've had an outside interest in. Do something new if your hobbies don't hold your attention.

edit: Well if this post is gonna linger like a bad fart here's some music Jtwo and snuggles will enjoy.
I'll try to do so and lol. It's not the lie acrid. I don't dislike anyone I meet, just mostly annoyed by the current people in my life. I'd like someone more fulfilling to soak up my time lol.

Edit: why is gaming side so pissy nowadays. If it ain't a circle jerk it's heresy.

coldvein

Banned
I'm sort of at a point in my life where I'm basically impeding my own willingness to be happy. I'm never home anymore because of work so when I come home on the weekends I want nothing more than just to plant my ass on my couch for 48 hours. People invite me out but I make up excuses or lies as to why I can't go out. On top of that sitting at home just makes me depressed and neurotic. I often find myself thinking about things that I can readily avoid or things that I have no place in even being peeved to think about. It's a never ending cycle of fucking bullshit and here I am at the center of it drinking, sulking, and smoking the time away until Monday comes where I'm a perfectly normal and functional human being again. I usually sit around trying to think about if I can help people, if I actually care about people, when in reality every fucking person annoys me. Even those that usually don't bother are testing my patience and the people I count on are either never around or have their own problems they vent to me about. I sound fucking selfish but I'm just looking for someone else to not be as selfish as me for a change. At least keep it inside for the most part like I do. I don't complain much but I'm kinda feeling like soon there won't be room for me to complain at all. I don't want to be consumed by this bullshit pushing people away more. I don't wan to feel lonely and empty more than I already do. I pray a lot these days. I know a lot of people here aren't religious but I'm just looking for answers that aren't gonna be drowned away by a bottle. Drinking isn't even enjoyable for me anymore and I still drown myself on weekends, sometimes weekdays. I just want this moment in my life to pass.

hang in there brah.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
It's scary watching people waste their life on drink, I love drinking but the people in my pub do nothing but. It's sad watching them spend almost every bit of their disposable income on it and do nothing with their lives, they are in the pub more than me,, and I work there 40 hours a week.

I applied to university today and I'm growing up guys, after years of not knowing what I wanted to do..Maybe I won't get in, but I hope I do and then in four years or whatever I'll come over to America and we can have a beer...

i miss this community even though all I got was shtick, also hey acrid

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oo2wAgQ.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
K, everyone. Team meeting. We need to pull manny out of this funk

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Manny, have tried finding comfort in various religions such as adventure time or battlestar galactica?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Basically darkest before the dawn shit, despite all the dickheads you've weathered, you're gonna find love again, maybe when you least spect it. Bullshit but truth bullshit.

Hearing Young Thug on the juke brings me so much joy.

AcridMeat

Banned
Basically darkest before the dawn shit, despite all the dickheads you've weathered, you're gonna find love again, maybe when you least spect it. Bullshit but truth bullshit.

Hearing Young Thug on the juke brings me so much joy.
What a guy. "I can always count on you snug! You know that's so true!"
I'm moving to in with salsa to tear up hot chicks that speak Spanish.
Just don't make him speak English he gets real anxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom