• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drunk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Why though? Virtual Reality is going to be amazing.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, and what does Virtual Reality have to do with that?

Nothing.

coldvein

Banned
at this point i think we're in a shitty enough situation that creating seriously better escapes from reality isn't a positive thing.

"who cares about my neighbor, i'll just fuck my virtual girlfriend!"
"who cares about the environment, i'll just fuck my virtual girlfriend!"
"who cares about the minimum wage, i'll just fuck my virtual girlfriend!"
"who cares about the military industrial complex, i'll just fuck my virtual girlfriend!"

i realize that it's possible in theory that such technology could be used responsibly.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to get into a contentious argument, but that doesn't mean anything.

• nobody will even have virtual reality
  • only rich people have virtual reality
  • it will only supplant the time we already spend doing inherently less enriching things
  • holding court in the metaverse will actually give people better communication skills and emulate face to face interaction much better than previous means of communication
  • in conclusion, the list goes on

coldvein

Banned
I don't want to get into a contentious argument, but that doesn't mean anything.

• nobody will even have virtual reality
  • only rich people have virtual reality
  • it will only supplant the time we already spend doing inherently less enriching things
  • holding court in the metaverse will actually give people better communication skills and emulate face to face interaction much better than previous means of communication
  • in conclusion, the list goes on

1. i thought you said it was the present
2. fuck rich people
3. maybe, but i could see it being much more of a problem than say, facebook is for some people
4. why do we need to emulate face to face communication? we have face to face communication

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
1. i thought you said it was the present
2. fuck rich people
3. maybe, but i could see it being much more of a problem than say, facebook is for some people
4. why do we need to emulate face to face communication? we have face to face communication

Nobody will have virtual reality in comparison to smartphones/television/radios/other communication technology. We need to better emulate face to face communication because we communicate daily with dozens of people that don't live any where near us in physical space. This is not a conversation worth having. There are literally no downsides to the introduction of this new technology.

coldvein

Banned
i don't have a problem with it existing. i think its widespread use would result in some really bad shit happening to society.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Society is already bad. There isn't going to be some catalyst that changes things from good to bad. We already live in a world of corruption, pollution, inequity, anxiety, repression and gluttony. Thats the world I see when I leave my house. Going inside a computer for a few hours a week isn't going to do anything but intellectually stimulate me, making me a happier and stronger person. You can stand on the sidelines asking questions or you can just do it like I plan to.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Watch out for bears and wildebeests!
Gonna go for a jog.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm gonna live out in the woods as a hermit with VR. Best of both worlds.

Feel like I might puke TBH. My head hurts.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm telling you man, we're all doin' it. We're gonna be super cool world weary mountain men with one foot in each reality. Do I grow all my own vegetables and raise my own chickens? Yes. Am I a lorde of a dozen dozen men in the virtual world? Yes. Am I a conqueror? Yes. Do I grow great strawberries? Yes.

The answer is always yes.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Honestly that sounds like the perfect existence. One with nature by day, living off the land, far removed from the filth and hatred of human society. In the virtual world at night, flying around in space and banging anime babes or w/e. Sign me up.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I gave my cat a break from her collar for a few days. I just put it back on and she let out such a pissed of meow.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
You can also tell people inside virtual reality that you live off the grid.

coldvein

Banned
I'm telling you man, we're all doin' it. We're gonna be super cool world weary mountain men with one foot in each reality. Do I grow all my own vegetables and raise my own chickens? Yes. Am I a lorde of a dozen dozen men in the virtual world? Yes. Am I a conqueror? Yes. Do I grow great strawberries? Yes.

hahahaha

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Its Saturday. I don't have a girlfriend. I guess I'll go get tacos from a chinese bodega and watch Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.

Izayoi

Banned
uuuggghhhhhhhh

(also, why is plan b so expensive? fml)

I want to discuss VR w/ you guys but I have to take care of this first.....

EloquentM

aka Mannny
uuuggghhhhhhhh

(also, why is plan b so expensive? fml)

I want to discuss VR w/ you guys but I have to take care of this first.....
Fucking dumbass. Wrap your shit up and while you're at it get tested.

im only mean cause I love you
fucking dumbass

Azzurri

Gold Member
Went to visit one of my friends she works at a bar, it was like 150am, decided it was a good idea to buy a bottle of Kettle 1 vodka. Me and my friends had like 35min to drink the whole thing, and we pretty much did.

Went stumbling back to my bros apt, fell asleep like at 430am then was woke up at like 745am by a marathon. Went home at 10 and fell asleep until 3pm, good times.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah yeah lets hotbox this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Izayoi

Banned
This guys a real dummy. Not using condoms.
Yolo.

Go get tested bro
I will... Planned parenthood knows me by name at this point.

That's ridiculous. I've had unprotected sex with girls I met at the bar and I'm doing just fine. Condoms are for chumps. Raw doggin 4 life. 🐕
Snuggles knows.

Isn't it like $60 or something?
Yeah, fucking ridiculous. I could drive for ages to my school and get it for cheaper, but by that point I would probably spend the difference in gas money.

kehs

Banned
Snip it man.

Cheaper in the long run.

If you ever decide you don't like the kid you end up adopting, you basically get a pass for trading it in.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Snip it man.

Cheaper in the long run.

If you ever decide you don't like the kid you end up adopting, you basically get a pass for trading it in.
Why go through the hassle of trading it in when you can just leave it out in the forest somewhere. Toss that shit in some bushes and peace the fuck out. 👶🌳🍃👋

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom