• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dualsense Controller Price Increased on Major Retailers ($5 to $10)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Update:

Price increased on most retailers, including PS Direct official store:

Original:

Last edited:

Quantum253

Gold Member
I looked at controllers at Best Buy on Friday when I picked up Astro Bot and the colored controllers were $80

Eimran

Said it many times before and I'll keep saying it.

It sucks that Xbox is performing poorly, because good competition is neccesary to keep arrogant Sony at bay.

EDIT: Sony must have seen my post and doubled down on the PS5 Pro price.

q3TEfaM.png

Last edited:

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
With Xbox being completely irrelevant, Sony is now showing their true colors. In other parts of the world, the Dualsense is already selling at $94.99 without taxes. If you're not on PC yet, you're scamming yourself. Sony has completely lost the plot this gen.
People may laugh at you, but when Xbox stops making consoles, a lot of people could be surprised. This could also be the end of 400m games, because why would they take the risc?

People may laugh at you, but when Xbox stops making consoles, a lot of people could be surprised. This could also be the end of 400m games, because why would they take the risc?
Let them laugh lol. They'll cry later as the lack of competition is always a bad thing. I own 2 PS5s and will be replacing them with 2 ps5 pros once they release but, it's clear as day to see what Sony is doing. I tried to support Xbox as well but sold my series x because Spencer and the whole microsoft crew are stupid.

Last edited:

Z O N E

Well, this is shit...

The suit's paycheck wasn't as big with Concords failure so they needed to make up that loss by fleecing customers with the hardware.

People can say Xbox this or Xbox that, but without competition, nothing stops Sony from charging you an arm and a leg for their stuff.

Power Pro

Shit like this is only gonna become more common with Sony as Xbox will slowly become more and more irrelevant in the hardware space.

Hope you are ready for that 700$ PS5Pro.

GIF by South Park
Fixed that for ya. Ain't gonna be waiting til the PS6 Pro for that kind of price.

Soodanim

Said it many times before and I'll keep saying it.

It sucks that Xbox is performing poorly, because good competition is neccesary to keep arrogant Sony at bay.
Last time I said something like this people dismissed it. People hope and cheer for for the death of Xbox without realising what will happen once they win their childish little console war. Competition is good for the consumer, and Nintendo isn't enough of a direct competitor for them to directly compete and keep prices down.

I thought old things were supposed to get cheaper as time goes on.

Technology in particular is cheaper to produce when production lines mature and economies of scale kick in. Moore's Law is basically dead though, and with all the trouble the major fabs are having with die shrinks, that is no longer helping reduce costs the way it used to. With that said, these shouldn't be more expensive to produce simply due to overhead - this is a money grab by Sony under the guise of inflation.

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
Last time I said something like this people dismissed it. People hope and cheer for for the death of Xbox without realising what will happen once they win their childish little console war. Competition is good for the consumer, and Nintendo isn't enough of a direct competitor for them to directly compete and keep prices down.
Some people deserve it. They win their stupid insecureness or whatever mental issue war, but their wallets will lose.

Klosshufvud

The console generation of unrestricted greed and low effort products. The Dualsense has the worst dpad for a PS controller ever. It's so bad that I'm sticking to DS4 on PC unless the game has some good Dualsense support. In every other way, I feel it's a downgrade from DS4.

Fabieter

The console generation of unrestricted greed and low effort products. The Dualsense has the worst dpad for a PS controller ever. It's so bad that I'm sticking to DS4 on PC unless the game has some good Dualsense support. In every other way, I feel it's a downgrade from DS4.

That's a stretch. The drift issue is horrendous but the ds 4 feels weird if you are used to the dualsense or even the edge. Still pricing and quality isn't there sadly.

Haint

no hall sensors no buy
sorry sony i've had one too many controllers drift on me. the edge is the last controller i'm buying from you til you fix that shit

You tell'em, I'm sure they're quaking in their boots considering you already bought their $200 controller.

DragonNCM

With Xbox being completely irrelevant, Sony is now showing their true colors. In other parts of the world, the Dualsense is already selling at $94.99 without taxes. If you're not on PC yet, you're scamming yourself. Sony has completely lost the plot this gen.
200w.gif

BlackTron

Xbox tanking and Sony riding high. So we get increased prices and spamming PC ports. It's the kind of blind overconfidence they were in when they planned the PS3 during PS2 times.

I think Nintendo has a better shot to backfill Xbox's neutered competition than we think from the market balance with PS and Switch 1. Despite how underpowered Switch 1 was it was massively successful. Switch 2 has the potential to steal more third party game sales from Sony as the tech gap will be smaller. That is to say, Switch 2 can probably run the next GTA without looking like a Witcher 3 PS4 to Switch downgrade. It will probably just have weaker effects and 30FPS. For a huge number of people that's simply good enough without needing an expensive console or PC. I think Nintendo is about to become a stronger competitor to Sony, Sony just doesn't know it yet.

Banjo64

cumsessed
This will continue to happen until the brand is on the brink of collapse and by that point, a reversal may be impossible. Sheer capitalistic greed.

I know they launched the PS3 from Japan HQ, but I’d say they’ve never been as greedy since they moved to California.

It’s the American corporate mindset sorry.

Codeblew

Shit like this is only gonna become more common with Sony as Xbox will slowly become more and more irrelevant in the hardware space.

Hope you are ready for that 700$ PS6Pro.

GIF by South Park
In 8 years, when PS6 pro releases, $700 doesn't sound too outrageous with 8 years of inflation...

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Feel like Sony and Microsoft are going in opposite directions in terms of controller costs. Dualsense is $95 CAD and rarely on sale and Xbox controllers are routinely on sale for $50-$55CAD....

Top Bottom