• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DuckTales Remastered |OT| The Citizen Cane of video games

Cmagus

That Amazon theme is amazing. As for the complaints like Chun li's thighs said put it on easy if you can't handle the challenge. I am sure if they had put checkpoints in normal or hard they would complain it was too easy.

Does anyone know if extreme difficulty is unlocked from the start or does that need to be unlocked?

rhino4evr

I played the original game hundreds of times back in the day. I remember the game being
Pretty fair and not overly difficult. The game rewarded you for collecting as many treasures as possible. It wasn't a run and gun platformer like Mario. It was more about exploring and finding every last gem, every secret passage, Etc. it's not a game meant to be rushed through. There isn't a run button on purpose

As a huge fan of the original, I'm so tempted to pick this game up. I love the remade music, too which is surprising. I wasn't expecting to at all because those things rarely turn out great. But I really do like some of the themes.

rhino4evr

Just watched the polygon review...guy says how much he loves the original game and then completely trashes the gameplay? I don't get it

Dr Bass

Picking it up regardless. It's only 11.99 via playstation+. Very little risk, and potentially a whole lotta upside.

Yes, but you have to skip them through the pause menu according to IGN.

Whether you can skip them or not isn't the issue. They shouldn't be in there when you replay a level.

So? You can just skip them.

What If i'm super into the Ducktales lore and I want to analyze the cutscenes and share my findings on my fan tumblr? In your world, wonderful people like me would be SOL

antitrop

I have as much childhood nostalgia as anyone, but the negative reviews have convinced me that I don't need to play this. I guess I just don't really need any frustration in my life right now, it's summer time. I want happiness and good feelings.

Sweet. I clicked this topic just to ask if GMG emails you when keys become available.

edit: got mine

edit2: Wait I can't activate it to preload it?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Pre-bought this on Steam, which is a rarity and I am really looking forward to playing it on the morrow.

OmahaG8

Watched the Screwattack video to try and lesson all the negative talk. Looked great. Very glad I preordered on PSN.

Tizoc

I have as much childhood nostalgia as anyone, but the negative reviews have convinced me that I don't need to play this. I guess I just don't really need any frustration in my life right now, it's summer time. I want happiness and good feelings.
What about the positive reviews which are more than the negative reviews?

Hm, how many hours until it unlocks? I'm terrible at these time zone things so I have no idea what '00:01 UTC' means for my country (netherlands). I was kind of hoping to play it today, it being the 13th and all, but it won't let me yet...

Tizoc

Hm, how many hours until it unlocks? I'm terrible at these time zone things so I have no idea what '00:01 UTC' means for my country (netherlands). I was kind of hoping to play it today, it being the 13th and all, but it won't let me yet...

EU PSN ver. should unlock on Wednesday/tomorrow by 3-6 PM your time.

The time is on the Steam page. It unlocks in 9 hours for me. Ugh 1am. I suppose I can just let it download overnight then take it to work to play.

IrishNinja

i still can't wrap my head around the polygon review...were they playing on an old LCD in a room full of halogen lights, with peanut butter on their hands?

i'm actually psyched for some new Ducktales lore. It was my favorite cartoon as a kid, so I don't think I'll mind all the cut-scenes.

Tizoc

Stuff! :3

I'm looking forward to further weight to add to the Ducktales mythos

Jokes aside, the old Barks/Rosa Uncle Scrooge comics genuinely have a great deal of intricacy and continuity to them.

Wait wasn't it Don Rosa that MADE the connections in his Duck stories?

Wait wasn't it Don Rosa that MADE the connections in his Duck stories?

I think there was a definite very loose sense of continuity in the original stories. But yeah, it was Rosa who took all of those stories and said "OK, let's put all this stuff together in a timeline so that it makes more sense". It's a bit like what the Zelda fans did with that franchise before Nintendo finally gave in and did one themselves.

Artorias

Banned
3 minutes? Try 15. I feel that forcing players to replay huge stretches is a very poor way to add difficulty. You may disagree, and that's fine. But don't try to argue that my point is stupid just because we disagree.

I actually didn't do that at all. Maybe you meant to quote someone else?

Either way, replaying a section isn't "added difficulty". If you didn't pass the area, you didn't progress. I'm not sure how that's a new concept for you, but not every game needs to let you checkpoint your way to the finish line.

Top Bottom