• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DuckTales Remastered |OT| The Citizen Cane of video games

inherendo

I did not know this game was the remake of the old gameboy one. It was on my steam pop up on exit so I clicked and realized what game it was. 15 is a bit steep for me right now, so hopefully it will be on sale for less than 10. Can't wait to play it again.

Gartooth

I did not know this game was the remake of the old gameboy one. It was on my steam pop up on exit so I clicked and realized what game it was. 15 is a bit steep for me right now, so hopefully it will be on sale for less than 10. Can't wait to play it again.

Its a remake of the NES DuckTales.

Being a fan of the series and growing up loving the cartoons(and the NES game), this is a dream come true.

So I bought the game yesterday and man this is all kinds of awesome! I'm loving just about everything about this game. The graphics, music, the added difficulty for the bosses, all the extras and yes, I LOVE the cut scenes. They totally reminded of the show and I love the fact that they got the original cast to do the voices!

All in all this is one of the BEST remake/re-imagining of a classic. Love the updates and how they made it like the actual cartoon with the cut scenes.

10/10

I finally managed to beat the game. Finishing that last bit of gameplay was surprisingly underwhelming, but I had a great time with the game overall.

If I had to assign a rating, I'd give it 9/10.

Love the Mines level boss was fun. I definitely remember
the roller ball things from the cartoon.

The animated sprites are beautiful, and the music is amazing! And I LOVE hearing all of the voices from [most of] the old cast (June Foray is a legend!)!

Onto the Himalayas!

Ardenyal

Can't get past amazon because of the pogo jump not working. Sometimes it takes 5 attempts to get a pogo going. Tried delaying the pogo, pressing the button as soon as possible but nothing works.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Can any PAL Wii U gaffers check to see if it's up for download on eShop please?

I'd check myself, but won't be able to for another hour or so.

Cmagus

Yowch. So Extreme is basically the true spirit of the NES game, huh?

One guy on PS3Trophies has done it so far. I have been able to beat the Bank Vault, Moon, African Mines and Himilayas in one run but the Amazon is ridiculously hard and i always lose on that one.

The more you run them the easier it gets and you start to find patterns and shortcuts. The key to getting through is to find the easiest 1ups and heart containers first. African Mines and Moon are the easiest stages so you can gain alot by doing those first.

Downloaded and played for an hour. The pogo stick is infuriating. And I've got it on easy. Half the time it just plain doesn't work. How is this not a more major complaint among others?

I dont understand how someone who enjoyed the original can hate this version. This game is amazing, its a love letter to Duck Tales.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I think 9.99 (same cost as bionic commando rearmed) is a fairer price , although I'm not disappointed in my purchase

If this were an original game, closer to $10 might be more fair, but considering it's a complicated license, I think it's reasonable to cost more. There are definitely added costs there, and if that's the only way to make a game like this make financial sense for everyone, so be it. I'd welcome more Disney remakes at this price.

No. Only one save slot. You start a new game, you lose the past save except for unlocks and money.

I really don't understand why you lose all your money/unlocks when changing to a new difficulty level. I want to replay it on a harder difficulty, but I also don't want to lose my progress towards unlocking the original music. But I don't want to replay it at the difficulty I've already beaten the game at.

Wait, which is it? Do unlocks and money carry over if you beat the game and move on to a higher difficulty?

I dont understand how someone who enjoyed the original can hate this version. This game is amazing, its a love letter to Duck Tales.

I'm not someone who needs validation to like something, but the reviews for this have been a joke starting with criticism of a 93 year old Alan Young all the way to bitching about mechanics that were part of the original.

Cmagus

If this were an original game, closer to $10 might be more fair, but considering it's a complicated license, I think it's reasonable to cost more. There are definitely added costs there, and if that's the only way to make a game like this make financial sense for everyone, so be it. I'd welcome more Disney remakes at this price.

Wait, which is it? Do unlocks and money carry over if you beat the game and move on to a higher difficulty?

Money and unlocks do not carry over you lose everything.

Oidisco

So I was watching a playthrough of this game and the guys playing got this weird audio glitch during the final boss where the voice's all doubled, if you know what I mean. Then during the ending/credits they got more audio glitches. I haven't been following the game too much to know if this is common, but it was really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxwJLxk4I-s&t=34m0s

That's where the ending audio got messed up, and it only got worse.
And yes, their costumes are amazing.

inherendo

Its a remake of the NES DuckTales.

Yea, was researching further and discovered the gameboy came was originally a nes game. Not a surprise. Still love it.

My friend had given me his OG gameboy and this game along with it in first or second grade. This was a while after the pocket came out. Played the shit out of it.

rhino4evr

Would have killed for an "Disney afternoon" remake compilation with Ducktails, Chip n Dale, Tailspin, and Darkwing Duck.
But I realize these are pipe dreams.

So I was watching a playthrough of this game and the guys playing got this weird audio glitch during the final boss where the voice's all doubled, if you know what I mean. Then during the ending/credits they got more audio glitches. I haven't been following the game too much to know if this is common, but it was really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxwJLxk4I-s&t=34m0s

That's where the ending audio got messed up, and it only got worse.
And yes, their costumes are amazing.

That shit is hilarious. I watched a little of it when they were live on Twitch.

.la1n

I do hope this does well so we can hopefully see Chip n Dale / Darkwing Duck given the same treatment.

Also, is it just me or was the final stretch of the last level (the race segment) more frustrating than it should be?

Downloaded and played for an hour. The pogo stick is infuriating. And I've got it on easy. Half the time it just plain doesn't work. How is this not a more major complaint among others?

I honestly think it's got something to do with certain HD setups. I have had not one problem with the pogo stick. WiiU version.

No, you KEEP the unlocks and money. Everything else rests. So if you play on Medium, beat a couple of levels, buy a couple of character art pieces, then start a new game on Easy, the levels reset and you have to play through them again. But the character art you have unlocked remains. And whatever money you have at the time stays as well.

I hope that clears it up.

luca_29_bg

yah,,i also noticed that
it use 100 % on my laptop too
and i have msi GE60 ( i can run Tomb Raider with less then that )
even if i shut the game off, the process of the game is still running

the same for me, the process don't close itself when you exit from game...

SegaShack

Finally beat the game after many hours, absolutely loved it, a lot harder than the NES game though (I played on Normal). I posted earlier
about the dime race scene and
the advice that helped me most was
to use normal jumps.
Interestingly people seem to be having trouble with the
lava portion
, but I was able to do this easily on my first try.

Do higher difficulties yield more money? Do I lose my gallery unlocks by starting a new game with a higher difficulty? How do I unlock the
8 bit themes
?

What the hell is wrong with the controls on PS3?

20% of the time I pogo it just doesn't work, leading to me getting hit by an enemy. And if it does work sometimes when I'm holding pogo and it just...stops midjump. (though this is much more rare than the first problem) What is going on here? I've tried two controllers, same deal on both.

zweifuss

What the hell is wrong with the controls on PS3?

20% of the time I pogo it just doesn't work, leading to me getting hit by an enemy. And if it does work sometimes when I'm holding pogo and it just...stops midjump. (though this is much more rare than the first problem) What is going on here? I've tried two controllers, same deal on both.

I found this too... The trick is to press and hold down BEFORE you press X. If you press them at the same time it most often times doesn't work.

I have noticed the pogo issue as well but I also had this issue on the NES version which makes me think the game is closer to the original than it looks.

Top Bottom