• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DuckTales Remastered |OT| The Citizen Cane of video games

Yawnier

Banned
Just remember there is no disc in the box. Just a download code.

But you get that fancy ass pin

miVPU1dhT83LAQTqAvu8S4w.jpg

In my eyes, its worth paying the extra $5 for the box and pin even without a disc, I just want to see more impressions, reviews, and such first before pulling the trigger though.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I played this at E3 and all my impressions were positive EXCEPT for all the added content, the game stops every 10 or 15 seconds to show you some uninteresting dialogue, really breaks the gameplay flow of the original.

The levels in this game are too short for the continuous cutscenes they added.

massoluk

Banned
You're kidding me. There's a deluxe version with playable NES golden cartridge but it's not available for Nintendo system? Capcom, you troll.

edit: I'm an idiot. So it's promo box.

dysonEA

Wii U owners should get the VC original NES game download along with this. That would be pretty cool. Probably not gonna happen :(

Epcott

^
100%ing the game and completing the bonus stage will reveal a trailer for Darkwing Duck remastered

I believe Gamestop offer it?

I would rather have Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers before that.

Oh, and pre-ordered. Can't wait!

Cheska

They're both downloadable, right? I think the PS3 "retail" version is just a downloadable code with a collector's box.

Yep. Just a sucker for those extras lol. But I'm wondering if the WiiU version has off TV play or looks better ala Rayman Legends.

Shinjiru

I have this pre-ordered on PSN. I really enjoyed what Wayforward did with Double Dragon Neon.

I was twelve years old when this game came out. I liked the TV show so I guess I asked for the game for Christmas in 1989. I don't really remember much about it other than enjoying it. Watching some of these promo videos and hearing the music and pogo sound effects brings back memories. I'm looking forward to experiencing it again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I REALLY hope Jake Kaufman makes the soundtrack free/pay whatever you want on his site. I've downloaded the OSTs for both MSF games and DDN. So far, the remixes have been pretty good from the samples we've got.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Wanted to get this on 360 due to the avatar awards, but gonna get it on PS3 due to that boxed collection/pin and the fact it's out a month earlier. Grew up playing the Game Boy version (didn't even know of the NES version until years later).

Also, they've been giving out lunch boxes and GOLDEN NES CARTRIDGES THAT CONTAINS THE NES ORIGINAL COMPLETELY PLAYABLE for promos. Only 150 of them are being given out.
That article doesn't say so, but is the NES game itself really in that cart? Is it an actual NES PCB in there?

If so, does that mean this is actually the last NES release? A game as rare as Stadium Events or Nintendo World Championship?

I'm getting ahead of myself...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That article doesn't say so, but is the NES game itself really in that cart? Is it an actual NES PCB in there?

If so, does that mean this is actually the last NES release? A game as rare as Stadium Events or Nintendo World Championship?

It's a completely working NES cartridge of Ducktales, but golden. Someone on Vine tested it out & it is indeed the original game.

It's possible it's either a golden painted cartridge or they switched it with a golden Zelda cartridge.

stufte

My guess is they rounded up 150 original carts, cast 150 new gold shells, and installed the old pcbs into the new shells + new sticker.

Hex

Banned
I would choke out a North Korean world leader while singing the Duck Tales theme in my Mickey Mouse club boxers for that Lunch Box.

zychi

Banned
I want to preorder this but Steam doesnt have a discount, and gmg doesn't work with my card or paypal. Guess I'll wait ti the winter sale.

A few things-

- you can unlock 8 bit music mode.
- the pin is made by a Disney sanctioned company. Expect Disney quality.
-the amazon level from e3 has the most story breaks because of all the treasures you collect. It's a-typical.
- an OST is up to disney

jett

D-Member
A few things-

- you can unlock 8 bit music mode.
- the pin is made by a Disney sanctioned company. Expect Disney quality.
-the amazon level from e3 has the most story breaks because of all the treasures you collect. It's a-typical.
- an OST is up to disney

It will be up on virt's bandcamp day one.

muzzymate

Would kill for a Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers remake though.

I would love that. Co-op with both Chip and Dale was so fun back in the day.

And while we are at it, The Little Mermaid or Tiny Toons would be awesome. Thinking back, they weren't that great but as a 9 year old, I loved them.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I never played the original, but I've heard good things about it and it looks fun. I mostly loved the cartoon when I was younger, so I thought it'd be fun to get.

Top Bottom