• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DuckTales Remastered |OT| The Citizen Cane of video games

Cmagus

Does the collectors edition actually come in a nice box or is it just a standard case? Its a shame they couldn't have included the soundtrack in with it :(

Cheska

Does the collectors edition actually come in a nice box or is it just a standard case? Its a shame they couldn't have included the soundtrack in with it :(

It's just a standard case. It's the same exact situation as the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 PS3 "retail" release.

danielcw

Is the game available in multiple languages ? If they got the original French actors for the French dub... I will shit my pants.[/URL].

Read the post above yours :)

The recent Nintendo Direct said "original voice acting in English only" or something to that effect. I guess it is reasonable to assume, that it goes for all versions.

Awesome that they're giving it a retail release, even if it's just a download code in it. I love collecting games because of the awesome box art and I wished more companies did this than just selling the stupid prepaid download card. I'd kill for a box of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and I'll definitely be picking this up as well!

Tizoc

How's the psn preorder work, as far as getting the game at midnight or earlier in the day Tuesday than Grace Chen time?

Seeing how the only games that would get a midnight digital release after prepurchasing are shootbang type games, I'd say best wait til Wednesday for either US or EU PSN.

Sez

How's the psn preorder work, as far as getting the game at midnight or earlier in the day Tuesday than Grace Chen time?

In the US store you can preorder until midday on Tuesday, so I guess the game will be available when the store updates.

DuckTales: Remastered (PS3 system) – ESRB rated E10+ for Everyone 10+
Release Date: 08/13/2013
Pre-Order Period: 07/16/2013 – 08/13/2013, 9:00AM (Pacific Time) (12:00 ET).

Source: http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/usplay/

Bought it when I got the 25% off coupon from GMG today. Was on the fence before because I always preferred Darkwing Duck.

But whatever. I'm always down for good 2D platforming. Don't let me down WayForward!

I appreciate the fact that they used Uncle Scrooge's OG voice actor from the cartoons but... he is very old and his voice doesn't sound the same at all... i am watching the tv show and the difference is night and day (not in a good way), IMO they should've hired a sound a like instead.

Tunic

Can't wait to play this. I was super hyped since the original announcement! Still trying to decide between Wii U and PS3 retail releases. Loved the original NES releases and I am a huge Ducktales fan!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
http://www.destructoid.com/ducktales-remastered-on-wii-u-to-also-get-a-retail-box--259732.phtml

Destructoid is passing along a rumor that the Wii U is also getting a retailed box version. If true, I'm picking up the box. Either way, instead of a day one download purchase, I'm going to wait a little bit and see if its true.
Jimmy Rey at Capcom confirmed that Wii U isn't getting a retail version.

"Just the PS3 version is getting the boxed digital voucher. If we plan to do any additional SKUs, we'll let you know."

El Odio

Banned
Classic NES, SNES and SEGA platformers can be beaten faster than you think if you get really good at them ;)
image.php

TheYanger

I thought it looked like sections of the levels were totally new in the videos, I haven't been following besides being super hyped at the initial announcement. Are they really all just 100% recreated? didn't get that impression I guess is my point.

Either way, unconcerned with length, I could beat the original in like an hour and it never stopped me from playing it over and over.

Hm, just did the pre-order on GMG and got the instruction email that says 'Paste in the product activation key from below,' but there is no key as far as I can see. Will they be sent out later or is this an error?

Edit: Oh - "No keys available until the game is released," it says in my account. Was hoping to preload it. Oh well!

fantomena

1-2 hours with gameplay? Gonna wait for a sale...

Hm, just did the pre-order on GMG and got the instruction email that says 'Paste in the product activation key from below,' but there is no key as far as I can see. Will they be sent out later or is this an error?

Later.

This Darkwing Duck?

I remember playing it,was cool for the time but I'm not sure how well it'll hold up.

Yup. I had it on NES and GB even though they were pretty much the same. It was only fairly recently when I realized I was just playing a Mega Man clone. Nothing wrong with it since they're my most favorite games on the NES.

I think it holds up just fine.

Top Bottom