• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DuckTales Remastered |OT| The Citizen Cane of video games

Tizoc

ARGH. I can't wait for the embargo to be over in 2 and a half hours. Just want to get my thoughts out there <_<

Oooh been wondering when reviews are gonna roll out! I should be free by then so looking forward to reading your impressions.

JDdelphin

I appreciate the fact that they used Uncle Scrooge's OG voice actor from the cartoons but... he is very old and his voice doesn't sound the same at all... i am watching the tv show and the difference is night and day (not in a good way), IMO they should've hired a sound a like instead.

Sounds fine to me, and that was my favorite show as a kid-
ha, if anything it sounds better for the character because Scrooge should sound like he's 70+

Heard the game was really hard from a friend who's reviewing it. Was the original really difficult?

No, it's not that hard.
I'm a videogame 'non-completionist' and Ducktales was one of the very very small list of NES games I beat as a child.

Unless they upped the difficulty drastically somehow, with a little practice there really should be no problems for anyone not only completing the game- but finding all the 'secrets'

rhino4evr

Back in the day, you needed to finish the game in one sitting, which explains why the game is so short. I'm assuming there is some sort of save function that removes that. If it sells well maybe they will make a proper sequel?

Sojgat

LOL Thanks for that.. No idea how that slipped in there :|

zsmKhXzxbD-4.png

AHA-Lambda

The main story took me around 2 hours to complete on my first play through however you will need to play the game 3-4 times to unlock everything.

Wow, it sounds good but I'm definitely waiting for a sale.

Shancake

LOL that's exactly what sprung to my mind as well.

Back in the day, you needed to finish the game in one sitting, which explains why the game is so short. I'm assuming there is some sort of save function that removes that. If it sells well maybe they will make a proper sequel?

The game saves after each level. An interesting thing to note though is that there's only one save file. If you want to change the difficulty setting then you need to start a new game and lose your previous save.

Cmagus

Two more days I am getting excited. Gonna try to platinum this day one I am curious to see what the trophies are.

AHA-Lambda

The game saves after each level. An interesting thing to note though is that there's only one save file. If you want to change the difficulty setting then you need to start a new game and lose your previous save.

Oh good, I was kind of concerned about that.

Shengar

For some reason I feel compelled to post this-
EsS4lKK.jpg

I want to buy Duck Tales just because I love Don Rosa's Scrooge McDuck soo much.
Buat man, at that price I'm really hesitant to buy it. If it an actual Don Rosa's Scrooge McDuck game, featuring Klondike I'll gladly pay for that.

Nemesis_

Thought I'd post these here, just to clear up some stuff. I didn't pause or leave the game running, I did die several times though. Read backwards since it's Twitter.

7BD6XbK.png

BRZPc_sCQAITalE.jpg

Shancake

Thought I'd post these here, just to clear up some stuff. I didn't pause or leave the game running, I did die several times though. Read backwards since it's Twitter.

7BD6XbK.png

BRZPc_sCQAITalE.jpg

I had a similar experience. 2:10 on in game play counter and 4:50 on Wii U counter. I do remember pausing on a few occasions though. Play through felt closer to 2-3 hours than 5 though.

L Thammy

I want to buy Duck Tales just because I love Don Rosa's Scrooge McDuck soo much.
Buat man, at that price I'm really hesitant to buy it. If it an actual Don Rosa's Scrooge McDuck game, featuring Klondike I'll gladly pay for that.

I totally agree with this. I watched DuckTales as a kid (Darkwing Duck too, of course), but Life and Times is something else.

TheYanger

Just because it was an NES game didn't make it hard. I mean I was like 5 years old and I could easily beat this game after owning it for a few weeks or whatever.

Haines

Banned
I imagine this has been said, but I cant justify 15 bucks on this game....

That said, I absolutely adore remakes, and will nab this on the first sale bing I never played the original yet loved the tv show.

Hex

Banned
Went through hell getting the physical version preordered at Gamestop, but was able to get it taken care of.

Cmagus

Most of these older games are shorter anyways and there are plenty of games out there like that now. Look at Rocket Knight I mean that game has an achievement for beating the game in 60 minutes, The Simpsons Arcade game can be beaten in an hour, all the older Sonic games are less than an hour.

Finishing this 100%, how much time will take? About 10 hours?

Well judging by the achievement list that is now out for the Xbox360 not that long. Here are the achievements that are for the game. Providing the difficulty achievements scale down it maybe you could 100% this in one run?. Although I imagine the Collect $10,000,000 would require finding all the level secrets.

Sink or Swim
Dive into the Money Bin

Work Smarter Not Harder
Defeat Big Time Beagle using your noggin

Superstitious Hocus Pocus
Collect the Coin of the Lost Realm

Extravagant Housewares
Collect the Sceptre of the Incan King

Where No Duck Has Gone Before
Collect the Green Cheese of Longevity

Any Crash You Can Walk Away From
Collect the Lost Crown of Ghengis Khan

Garbage Collector
Collect the Giant Diamond of Inner Earth

Luck o' the Ducks
Get back what Magica stole

The Duck Who Would Be King
Collect $10,000,000

Score to Settle
Scrooge doesn't take kindly to being swindled by statues

Bless Me Bagpipes
Collect All the Heart Containers on Easy or Medium difficulty

Tougher than the Toughies
Beat game on Hard difficulty

Smarter than the Smarties
Beat game on Extreme difficulty

Connoisseur of the Arts
Unlock all art in the Gallery

Art Aficionado
Buy art in the gallery

Look Ma, No Spats!
Enter the underground section of Amazon and climb up the other side using only the pogo jump.

A Few Gears Loose
Get to the secret gyro area in the clouds

It's A Duck Blur
Defeat 5 enemies under the effect of 1 magic coin

Healthy Appetite
Eat some of Mrs. Beakley's delicious treats.

Pogo A Go Go
Defeat 5 enemies in a row with pogo jump without touching the ground

Bought the game. I wish they release the keys a bit sooner than release.

Was there any GMG pre-order that released keys early so you can pre-load the game? Do they notify you once keys are released?

just a warning fellow GAFers,

tried to pre-order the PS3 physical version from gamestop. Guy at the desk had NO clue what I was talking about. Showed him the page from gamestop.com, but he was unable to pull it up on the store's systems. His inventory only showed the download codes from PS3/X360 (no WiiU...)

Might be a sign that they're cutting off orders soon...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
just a warning fellow GAFers,

tried to pre-order the PS3 physical version from gamestop. Guy at the desk had NO clue what I was talking about. Showed him the page from gamestop.com, but he was unable to pull it up on the store's systems. His inventory only showed the download codes from PS3/X360 (no WiiU...)

Might be a sign that they're cutting off orders soon...

It took my friend at the Gamestop forever to find it. It's in the digital time code section or something.

SparkTR

The game looks great, but I may wait for a sale before I jump in. My wallet is already beat from all the other downloadable stuff releasing this month.

Man, I didn't expect many of the reviews so far to be mildly positive at best. Still can't wait to play it and find out myself, but was really hoping for positive reviews for the developers.

Top Bottom