• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

Tendo

I conned my buddy into getting it as well but we Can't seem to host a game and invite him? I invit him via my steam friends list and nothing happens. Any ideas?

This is from Justin Danford:

Warning: If you played GameSpy and switched to Steam Cloud, delete any DunDefHeroes.dun out of this folder before applying patch:

Program Files(x86) > Steam > SteamApps > common > Dungeon Defenders > Binaries > Win32

If not, your Gamespy file may overwrite your Steam file. If you prefer your GameSpy profile, you don't need to do anything. These files are now joined so that players can switch between the two servers without having to play a separate set of heroes.

Victrix

*beard*
Fuck this interface.

You know how it normally locks an item you had equipped when you swap in a new one?

Yeah. Didn't happen. Goodbye upgraded weapon.

Cloudius12 said:
Game is almost done downloading. Joined the GAF group. Hope to get some games in tonight.
Hope you get some sleeps in your games tonight!

Victrix said:
You know how it normally locks an item you had equipped when you swap in a new one?

Yeah. Didn't happen. Goodbye upgraded weapon.
EF. that's my number one fear and I double - triple check that every time. I feel you

CA92A435F721ADA5B02AC69C879683122B0C8ED8

What is the current version of the game? Can't play :/

Voidguts

I played a TON today - started over on Trendynet and my group collectively hit level 20. I'm starting to run into some nasty gear and the game is still super addictive ~15 hours in.

the new patch is awesome - having my upgrade on Q and repair on R has helped my defense game so I really appreciate the option to rebind keys. I dunno how anyone can have moves set to 6-0 unless they're using an E.T. finger off of eBay or something.

still praying for a "ready button" patch.. other than that, good stuff!

Im_Special

Do you guys have plans to fixing the loss of DLC items? I lost all my Steam DLC because of a server crash and characters got wiped, now going back to the tavern there are no boxes to loot, if the DLC items are a one time loot, that can be lost via crash/wipe/sold/dropped whatever with no way of getting them back, that is pretty fucking dumb. I'm hoping they are tied to the account some how and not a character file, and that you can put in a /command that would reclaim you your items at any time. I only jumped on this day 1 because the DLC seemed cool, otherwise I'd just wait for this thing to hit 75% off during Christmas. So please look into this.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Great news for the 3 people that own an Xperia Play, the game dropped in price on the Android Market from $10 to Free!

AEREC

Just getting interested in this game today...if I purchase it on steam do I still get the portal adn tf2 items or were they preorder only?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Hitmonchan107 said:
His damage scales faster as you put points into Hero Damage.

Yes, it does. And it supports 3D!

Hi there,

since nobody has replied to my thread in the official DD forum, could you please tell us if you'll ever bring 3rd person view with camera pitch control to the "Move version"? That only works with the DualShock 3. With Move you are stuck to bird's eye view :/

Im_Special said:
Do you guys have plans to fixing the loss of DLC items? I lost all my Steam DLC because of a server crash and characters got wiped, now going back to the tavern there are no boxes to loot, if the DLC items are a one time loot, that can be lost via crash/wipe/sold/dropped whatever with no way of getting them back, that is pretty fucking dumb. I'm hoping they are tied to the account some how and not a character file, and that you can put in a /command that would reclaim you your items at any time. I only jumped on this day 1 because the DLC seemed cool, otherwise I'd just wait for this thing to hit 75% off during Christmas. So please look into this.
Sorry about that! If you shoot an email to jpeters@trendyent.com with "Steam Pre-order Items" in the subject line, we'll get you fixed up!

TTP said:
Hi there,

since nobody has replied to my thread in the official DD forum, could you please tell us if you'll ever bring 3rd person view with camera pitch control to the "Move version"? That only works with the DualShock 3. With Move you are stuck to bird's eye view :/
I'll pass this along to the dev team!

AEREC said:
Just getting interested in this game today...if I purchase it on steam do I still get the portal adn tf2 items or were they preorder only?
You should still be able to get the Portal Gun and the TF2 familiars.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Two questions: Is the game as buggy on Xbox as it was on Android, and seems to be on PC? Because if it is...given the rate of MS Certification and title update costs...looks like a definite skip.

I'm also assuming Xbox doesn't have cross-platform play?

Lyphen said:
Two questions: Is the game as buggy on Xbox as it was on Android, and seems to be on PC? Because if it is...given the rate of MS Certification and title update costs...looks like a definite skip.

I'm also assuming Xbox doesn't have cross-platform play?
I'll let someone else answer the first question, because obviously I'm biased. :^) (I will say that I've personally put the most time into the 360 version, and it's worked perfectly for me.)

And no, the 360 will not have cross-platform play.

Are familiar prices and availability supposed to be random? I'm level 18 and most of them are over 100k mana which is damn hard to reach at my level.

Updates:

Patch 7.04 (ETA later tonight)

7.04 Patch Notes:
* Fixed special characters "", "/", "<" creating unjoinable online games
* Fixed "Start Wave" not updating to display the current Wave number of the match
* Fixed potential losing-mission-unlock issue
* Added option to toggle chase camera offset between left, right, and centered
* Made UI Scale keep the edge-alignment of the UI elements, so they stay at their corner even as they get smaller

A Squire change came out earlier today. The Squire does about 15% less base damage on his towers and less of an exponential ramp from increasing his damage stat.

XBLA Community Event Test

Tonight, we're testing out our first XBLA community event. From 6:45 - 8:45 p.m. EST, send a message to DragonNE0Reborn or DownsMastaFlex on XBLA to join our private match, play a unique game mode and have a chance to win some super-unique loot!

Jeremy Stieglitz on the unique game mode: "The unique game mode is a custom 'Golden Gun' one-hit-hero-kill mode, and it will hopefully kick your guys asses. But if you wanna get the exclusive Trendy loot that you can't receive anywhere else, then you'll just have to face down this challenge and defeat it!

Edit: Earlier today, a hotfix rolled out on the current patch that should have fixed the version mismatch error you guys were having. Let me know if it's still happening, and I'll pass that on to our dev team.

Tendo

I want to try a Huntress or Monk out but I have no idea what skills I should level. Are they viable as tower characters or should I level hero skills? or a mix of both?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm just having a hard time in general settling on a character to focus on. Right now I have Apprentice, Huntress, and Warrior (forget the actual class name) all around 12-14. Monk's at 1 because I know I don't want to use him, at least not right now. I just know that I need to settle on a character to use soon, else I'm gonna get outclassed very quickly by the majority of online players who DO have a character to focus on.

Ceebs

A quick suggestion Hitmonchan if you care to pass it on. Not sure how feasible it would be but would it be possible to add any sort of filtering to the quick match? I keep ending up all over the place in terms of difficulty and levels when doing the matchmaking.

I don't mind sorting through the games, but I tend to get kicked about half the time when I join a game that way.

Marchiott

Getting lots of TrendyNet disconnections today.

I just lost my Huntress and my preorder bonus along with it. Somebody get on this shit now! =(

Edit: Oh wait... So, If I log into TrendyNet after I d/c from a game, my character will be missing. But, if I rejoin the game I d/c'd from, I can swap back into my missing character, thus reclaiming it. ._.

Marchiott said:

I just lost my Huntress and my preorder bonus along with it. Somebody get on this shit now! =(

Edit: Oh wait... So, If I log into TrendyNet after I d/c from a game, my character will be missing. But, if I rejoin the game I d/c'd from, I can swap back into my missing character, thus reclaiming it. ._.

dude... my huntress... is gone.
just now. I got D/C'd and my character disappeared. poof.
please help......

yea there was lots of dc just now.

Marchiott said:

It seems your character didn't properly disconnected from the server.
You should try that too ^^

Try disabling Steam Cloud support and restarting the game. If that doesn't work, please send an e-mail to JDanford@trendyent.com with "Wiped Hero 7.03" in the subject line. We're terribly sorry about this, and we'll try our hardest to make it up to you.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Try disabling Steam Cloud support and restarting the game. If that doesn't work, please send an e-mail to JDanford@trendyent.com with "Wiped Hero 7.03" in the subject line. We're terribly sorry about this, and we'll try our hardest to make it up to you.

thanks! email sent.
it actually doesn't seem to bother me much?
I'm just sitting here laughing lol

I guess I'm just curious though, about the workings behind-the-scenes.
What could have gone wrong? it's just interesting. good night for now! good luck

sorijealut said:
thanks! email sent.
it actually doesn't seem to bother me much?
I'm just sitting here laughing lol

I guess I'm just curious though, about the workings behind-the-scenes.
What could have gone wrong? it's just interesting. good night for now! good luck
I have absolutely no idea. I really, really wish I did.

I will say that I have seen the absolute gamut of reactions tonight, and that laughing by far is the strangest and greatest I've seen by a mile. Thanks for keeping a relatively light heart about the situation, and again, we'll try everything we can to make it up to you. :^)

Marchiott

The Huntress is fantastic, but you'll have some difficulty going at it alone (mainly because she is unable to build any walls)
She's not nearly as powerful as the squire but those traps definitely pack a punch. Plus, once you get your hands on a nice weapon (how 'bout a Godly Electric Plasmabow?) it feels pretty satisfying just running and gunning.

MrDaravon

Picked up the Xbox version and played for a while last night as a huntress along with two friends who were a bit leveled over me (one was a squire, and another huntress) and the Squire seems to be waaaaaay broken in terms of how good he is. He's melee focused but also gets crazy physical barriers that also totally fuck enemies up. Playing as the Huntress she doesn't seem to have any physical traps really (Gas mines kinda work in that regard, but you know what I mean) but she's also not nearly as DPS strong as the Squire, so that balancing doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, for the Huntress what does the Hero Casting Rate stat do?

KuroNeeko

SailorDaravon said:
Also, for the Huntress what does the Hero Casting Rate stat do?

As far as I can tell, casting rate determines how quickly you can summon traps during the Combat Phase.

One thing I'm not crazy about is the lack of information you can get on the character screen - especially when you're updating. If I raise the detonation count on my traps, how does that influence them? If I sink points in my Invisibility skill - does it get longer? Is the cooldown reduced? What's going on?

I've been alternating between Huntress and Monk and both feel pretty good. Monk feels weak right now, but his Tower Boost ability is pretty amazing. Huntress feels really good. Combat phases became one big jumble of strafing, dodging, repairing your traps, upgrading when you can, healing and going invisible. I usually have enough mana at the end of the round to upgrade / repair ally towers too. The third stage is pretty dern ridiculous though when the
wyverns
start coming out.

Seventy5

I haven't been addicted to a TD game like this since Savage Moon, this game is awesome! I just got to level 20 with my huntress, been playing online all morning. The equipment upgrade system is nice. Add me on PSN if you want to have a session, I think I will be playing this for I while, its crack!

Top Bottom