• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Wait, this game is not made by Gameloft, and is actually good? People were telling me it's a Gameloft game during Vita's showing. Color me surprised.

Rokal

xelios said:
I completed a level successfully, finally. No more kicks yet for me.

I'm not even getting an invest button on anything, even when it glows blue. I see Investment right above the gauge but nothing is clickable. Dunno what the deal is. I'm stupid or blind.

Pretty sure you can only upgrade items at the tavern. The investment button never appeared for me during missions, but it worked fine outside of them.

xelios said:
It can. I have gear and a pet that can be leveled, but I only see the gauge at the bottom with "Investment" above it, and it tells me how much mana I have banked and how much it takes to level the item. Nothin' to click on though.
You have to enter the Forge, select the item you want to upgrade and from the item info you'll see "Invest." (Note: You can't invest during the first wave of any campaign mission or challenge.) From here, click and hold down the Invest button.

Bisonian said:
Played through the first two maps on Trendy.net with no problems. So far so good! Thanks for the hard work!
Awesome! Thanks for your patience. We've been busting our chops off all day to get these issues ironed out. :^)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hitmonchan107 said:
You have to enter the Forge, select the item you want to upgrade and from the item info you'll see "Invest." (Note: You can't invest during the first wave of any campaign mission or challenge.) From here, click and hold down the Invest button.

Err so you can't upgrade items while they're equipped? Guess I'll try it.

Edit: Yeah, that works. Thanks.

Chesskid1

Banned
can anyone view the achievements page

i just wanna see them, but it just takes me to my profile. already saw a lvl 70 achievement in the preview achievment thingees. just wanna see how tough they are, i don't like achievemnts if thats what you are thinkin.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Chesskid1 said:

i just wanna see them, but it just takes me to my profile. already saw a lvl 70 achievement~

Yeah that's messed up for me too. I got 2 achievements so far but when I try to look at them from my library or stats it takes me to my profile.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
chixdiggit said:
Really liking this so far. The PC controls make the game so much more enjoyable compared to the Android version.
Really? Hmmm...might give it a shot. Thought the Android version was a steaming dogpile.

Ceebs

Finally finished lvl 2 without being kicked! Only took me until lvl 12.

These flying things are quite annoying now.

Bisonian

Chesskid1 said:

i just wanna see them, but it just takes me to my profile. already saw a lvl 70 achievement in the preview achievment thingees. just wanna see how tough they are, i don't like achievemnts if thats what you are thinkin.

You can see them in game from the character summary screen. It's the same screen where you choose your missions, just click on the tabs at the top. It's also the same list as the PS3 Trophy list, right down to the "achieve all achievements" platinum one.

chixdiggit

Lyphen said:
Really? Hmmm...might give it a shot. Thought the Android version was a steaming dogpile.

Well it's pretty much the same game except it controls much better. I really couldn't get into the Android version myself as I hate the whole touch D-pad thing.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Jinfash said:
Wait, this game is not made by Gameloft, and is actually good? People were telling me it's a Gameloft game during Vita's showing. Color me surprised.

That's Dungeon Hunter: Alliance. (Which is easily the best thing Gameloft's done, at the risk of damning with faint praise.)

This is quite frustrating. I've only played 2 local games so far, but my saved characters have disappeared. I understand that I'm not the only one with this issue, so I'm really disappointed. Don't want to play until I know my hours of gameplay won't just vanish into thin air.

mandiller

Okay, I'm out for now. I just played two games on TrendyNet. My character was on level 6 and it was towards the end of the second game when I got a connection error. The game booted me out and when I went back in my character was gone. Bugger that. Will wait for patches.

MRORANGE

must have played nearly 6 hours today, lost a lot of time due to disconnects, but I love this game :D a years' delay was worth it.

I had to fight this fucker all by myself ;-;

rvE5H.jpg

the game looks like a glowing vomiting rainbow sometimes, really awesome.

zlSZ7.jpg

Seventy5

I'm playing this on PS3 and loving it. I think it's my favorite TD game. I'm playing as the apprentice, but I think I might switch to the Huntress. I can't wait to try the online. Awesome game!

Nelo Ice

Banned
Waiting for a sale but god damn just saw how many people were playing on steam. Can't wait to pick it up when its cheaper.

Anyone noticing an insane amount of screen tearing for the PC version?

I'm using a radeon hd 6870 and I tried to force vsync on via CCC and yet the screen still tears constantly. Very immersion breaking =(

Sysgen

I use my middle mouse for F12 (Steam Screenies) so I configured Open Action Wheel to 0 or zero. Now that I'm in the tutorial and I'm instructed to open the action wheel and you can't open it with 0. Looking for a config to see what I can troubleshoot manually.

Edit: Will try o since it appears 0 is a hotkey.

Also the config tool should be in the games context menu in the Steam client.

Such a pretty game though which is why I bought it. 1920x1080 16AF with Morphological Filtering enabled.

Mammoth Jones said:

I'm using a radeon hd 6870 and I tried to force vsync on via CCC and yet the screen still tears constantly. Very immersion breaking =(
I think it is better to enforce vsync with D3D Overrider.

alstein

Mammoth Jones said:

I'm noticing an insane amount of heat generated- causing my laptop to crash twice. Not even Shogun 2 did that.

Not happy one bit about that.

Hanzou

Hmmm, just tried playing online for this forst time and as soon as it connects to game, it crashed to desktop. Anybody else have this problem?

Edit: seems to work now

Sysgen

OK I'm done. I've read enough of the glaring balance issues the game has and will wait for a patch and if there's no patch I'll just fuck around with the squire.

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?5014-Where-is-the-BALANCE-in-this-game

I was the squire in his game and I agree to the broken balance this game has. Not only was I obliterating everything with just 1 tower (either blade or cannon), I was doing so without having to do any other tower management. Repairs were rare and upgrades not really needed. Sure I would have to kill the occasional archer or skele mage, but for the most part it was just sit back and watch the xp buid up. On top of dominating the horde pretty much by myself, I have started out leveling my friends because their towers don't net as much damage. That never makes a fun game. Someone said the monk is support but what does that really matter in this game? His electric fields are pointless if my towers 1/2 shot enemies. Even on hard the bigger grunt ogre guys would get 2 shot by my bowler tower. Why is XP not shared amongst all players? If you aren't going to balance the heroes in terms of killing power, don't make XP based on damage/kills. That is inherently flawed. Especially since this game is touting online co-op play. Talk about a giant oversight.
We also played with another friend who was the mage hero. He seemed a little more useful but his weapon was lacking until he found a staff that did 600 dps. Except whenever he would do the charged shot it would shoot up in the air and not hit anything. GG
One night of play and we have already found glaring flaws in this game. How did the deveopers miss all this? Glad we only paid 13 dollars for this budget title. We do hope the issues get fixed but until then I can't really recommend this game to anyone.

Also there is a guy in the thread ranting that you can't balance a game properly before release.

Concept17

Friend and I can't join each other on Steam... is there something we need to do first, or is it just not working right now?

The M.O.B

So this game is having problems?

Looking at what Sysgen posted, the game is having balance issues and problems online?

Guess I will wait.

Concept17 said:
Friend and I can't join each other on Steam... is there something we need to do first, or is it just not working right now?
Make sure you guys both have the latest updates. Be sure to completely exit out of the Steam client and restart the game.

Also, if both of you are trying to play a ranked game, you both need to be logged into TrendyNet. Otherwise, for an open (i.e. non-TrendyNet) match, you should be able to join each other from anywhere.

Just had an awesome 3 hours session with a group of randoms, and we kicked ass! Only complaint is the auto lock function for melee, I'm not liking that at all.

Was playing the demo and I love it! Obviously playing alone is boring. I need to buy that 4 pack with other people. I'll host. Post here or Pm me.

Card Boy

Banned
So does the game use Gamespy for cross-platform multiplayer? (minus the Xbox version). The free version on the Android has it. Is the Steam version Gamespy?

Can someone explain? The OP doesnt say anything (unless i'm blind)

Gez said:
So does the game use Gamespy for cross-platform multiplayer? (minus the Xbox version). The free version on the Android has it. Is the Steam version Gamespy?

Yeah, cross-platform multiplayer (when it's available) is done through GameSpy. The Steam version uses both GameSpy and TrendyNet, I believe.

Gez said:

It's done by Trendynet http://trendyent.com/

Let's just say it's been a very, very rocky first day.
I'm sure they'll iron it out and with that this game is SO ENJOYABLE

Seraphis Cain said:
I've already talked like 3-4 friends into getting this. Game's just that good. :lol
yes! definitely one to recommend

I'm now lvl11 Huntress lol gaffers let's play!

P.S. what do you think about lvl30 req for Portal gun?
I want to use it so bad

sorijealut said:
It's done by Trendynet http://trendyent.com/

Let's just say it's been a very, very rocky first day.
I'm sure they'll iron it out and with that this game is SO ENJOYABLE
We're definitely working on getting everything ironed out. People are still in the office trying to get things right. (It's 3 a.m. here.) I just want to say thanks to everyone for being patient. We're sorry about the issues, but know that we are trying our best to fix them.

Dizzy-4U

This game is awesome! That is all!

Though, I lost my character when the game suddenly crashed but it's ok, I know top men are working on it.

Chesskid1

Banned
just made a squire. thank you to the guy who posted about it being overpowered. (and i saw one in one of my games, he put a spinny thing on all the choke points and killed, and everyone else did basically nothing).

Voidguts

well.. I ended up playing this for 5 hours straight today with 2 friends. made it to L11 Squire and we beat the first real boss. also got pretty lucky and found a pet dragon in the store for $1000. the game is amazing in multiplayer and we were all pretty shocked by the depth of everything.. the only negative thing I experienced was "trendynet" being super unreliable - which was fixed by using the open internet system instead. kinda lame, but since it's day one I can understand. I'll probably end up remaking my character on it tomorrow.

does anyone know if there's a way to ready up without running all the way to the crystal?

Victrix

*beard*
Played the shit out of this tonight with 4 players (Open, not ranked, no connectivity issues at all).

Ton of fun. Not the most difficult game in the world when you've got 4 coordinated players on mumble, but still great fun.

Bummed at the lack of maps, but that's easily remedied with a map editor... right, right?

Hit 25 on the Apprentice, screwed around with the TF2 pets - they're hilarious :D

Apprentice is great in 4p coop, really active.

jlai

KYGB said:
well.. I ended up playing this for 5 hours straight today with 2 friends. made it to L11 Squire and we beat the first real boss. also got pretty lucky and found a pet dragon in the store for $1000. the game is amazing in multiplayer and we were all pretty shocked by the depth of everything.. the only negative thing I experienced was "trendynet" being super unreliable - which was fixed by using the open internet system instead. kinda lame, but since it's day one I can understand. I'll probably end up remaking my character on it tomorrow.

does anyone know if there's a way to ready up without running all the way to the crystal?

I would like to know this as well.

Victrix

*beard*
oh, some really quick feedback

1) Custom keybindings are fucked. Have to enter an ini to properly customize them.

2) No button to ready up. Walking back to the crystal each time is annoying. Needs a bigger reminder onscreen that someone isn't paying attention too.

3) No button to sell defenses. Only accessible via the mouse 3 menu?

4) Inventory interface is a trainwreck. This is odd, because the core game ui is quite good. In any case, short of a complete revamp, at least get rid of the stupid sliding panel animations and make transitions from screen to screen instant. Bad enough you have to visit three screens just to examine an item or trade something, worse that you have to wait for a stupid animation while this is occuring.

5) Related to the inventory in general, lock/unlock/sell is cludgy as hell. Give me a separate 'stash' for items I want to keep, I'm hyper paranoid about selling something accidentally using Sell all (justified, as I discovered, when I swapped TF2 pets and the one I removed came out unlocked)

6) You can sell other players defenses. I see this getting patched out asap, the griefing potential is just tremendous, while the strategic benefit is limited.

7) For the love of god, put in click-lock for attacks. I'm already sick of going clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick to attack. Click once. Attack. Click again. Stop attacking. Simple. No need to spam 585352 carpal clicks, no need to hold mouse1 for an hour.

Probably some others, but those are the main ones that caused a lot of consternation on the mumble server tonight.

Oh, also ran into some sort of crackling audio that was causing bad stuttering, not sure what was causing it though, possibly alt tabbing from fullscreen a few times, a restart seemed to fix it.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
D2M15 said:
That's Dungeon Hunter: Alliance. (Which is easily the best thing Gameloft's done, at the risk of damning with faint praise.)
Ahhh! Damn Gameloft and their naming conventions. I almost skipped the entire game because of this.

Top Bottom