• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

Hazaro said:
Got a level 60 item that dropped. Not that great though.
Rampants on Hard got me a lot of nice weapons.
Just tried this solo on hard and beat it, loots sell for a ton here. guess I gotta grind here for a bit if I want that familiar that cost 14 million mana lol

Victrix

*beard*
hmmmdonuts said:
Is there any big difference between the PC and console version?

None gameplay wise afaik. PC version runs amazing and looks amazing. You can play it with either control scheme too.

Zomba13 said:
Why is it whenever this game updates I have to rebind all my controls AGAIN.

So fucking annoying because there isn't an in-game editor for the controls.
I join a game with friends and then have to quit out to rebind everything and make them wait.

For some reason I can't get my mouse's side buttons to work. They bind fine but just don't work in-game. I'm probably missing something blatantly obvious...

Seventy5

Toki767 said:
What's the best way to level? I see so many people in the 50s and 60s while I'm still in the 20s.
I started doing Deeper Well on insane with my huntress at about level 27 and it took me to the mid 30s very quickly. She's level 36 now and still getting a level per run.

ok haven't kept up with this one since it was released so:

is the game patched yet? people were reporting lots of issues at first...

should i get the Steam version? any big problems with it that need to be fixed still or does it run well now with no major bugs/troubles?

AEREC

Finally broke down and bought this and am enjoying it. Though I would like it more if your character changed appearance with new armor.

Also surprised to see how many people are playing this on steam as its usually in the top 6 most played games...didnt realize there was a big following for this game.

Im going to see how far soloing me gets then probably jump into some games.

KuroNeeko

Most frustrating thing about this game is probably playing with other people.

On one Deeper Well survival run with my level 12 trap Huntress, I sold two inferno traps that I had placed around the Crystal earlier in the game because they weren't seeing any action. The other members complained about me "selling traps for mana" and proceeded to place another Electric Aura and Slow Aura (despite my traps being significantly stronger.)

The second game I went into had three people, all who knew each other. The Squire obviously had a plan on where he wanted everything place and complained about how I was soaking up all the mana with my traps (two proximity traps) conveniently forgetting about the 200 mana I dropped and over 400 mana I had sunk into upgrading his other traps. (Sad that his traps probably do more damage than mine despite me focusing exclusively on traps. :( )

If you're going to run games like that - then at least make them private.

On a side note, has anyone noticed an increase in Huntresses lately? Seems like Monk is the least played class and I haven't really seen the incentive in making a high-level, trap-based monk yet. I'm still only around the fourth stage though...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah the sharing of Defense Units and the non sharing of EXP make it not so great.

I'm making a pure DPS huntress now after my Squire since he is level 60.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Totally agree with the sharing of Defense Units/non-sharing of XP dragging the online portion of the game down. If you're going to hog all the Defense Units (especially if you do shit like sell my traps to place more of your own), then why bother playing online? I especially hate when a trap/traps I placed get destroyed, then someone else builds something before I can rebuild my traps, maxing out the DU and leaving an entire area unguarded.

jkoch

I agree that sharing defense but not experience is probably a poor design choice, but I've had mostly good experiences playing with randoms online.

It looks like the GAF steam group is dead, so feel free to add me if you want to play. My steam ID is jkoch6599. I can play from 8-11 PM EST. My main is level 28 or so, and I have a few lower level characters that I'm working on as well.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Anyone interested in putting together a group to buy a 4-pack?

Couldn't stop playing the demo so opted to not be a cheapass and just buy the game full price.

Decided I wanted the PC version after playing the PS3 demo. The auto-targeting on the console versions is a crime.

garath

The exp sharing (really the lack thereof) is pretty terrible. I'm playing a huntress while my poor co-op buddy is a mage. In one game night I'm now level 12 and he's 7. It'll only get worse from here.

Is everyone playing open or closed? I went back and forth on which one to invest my time in and eventually settled on closed but I would hate to put in significant time and find everyone else is playing on open.

jkoch

garath said:
The exp sharing (really the lack thereof) is pretty terrible. I'm playing a huntress while my poor co-op buddy is a mage. In one game night I'm now level 12 and he's 7. It'll only get worse from here.

Is everyone playing open or closed? I went back and forth on which one to invest my time in and eventually settled on closed but I would hate to put in significant time and find everyone else is playing on open.

Wow, the difference is that big? I thought that the bulk of your exp came from the round / level bonus, but I guess that's not the case.

garath

jkoch said:
Wow, the difference is that big? I thought that the bulk of your exp came from the round / level bonus, but I guess that's not the case.

Well because of my traps and the mage's terrible towers, I average a 6 to 1 kill ratio compared to him. I imagine if my traps were less effective it would be a little more even. I kind of think is silly that all xp isn't shared though. It's a co-op game.

The M.O.B

I'm sure this has been said before but if your a squire, doing the ramparts solo is the easiest place if you want to quickly jump from ~lvl25 to ~lvl45.

It takes me an average of around 15 minutes to complete it. You only need two defenses, spinning swords and harpoons behind them and around ur crystals to kill flying wyerns.

Start solo the level on easy, and then move up the difficulty the stronger u get. You can easily jump ~10 levels in 2 hours.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The M.O.B said:
I'm sure this has been said before but if your a squire, doing the ramparts solo is the easiest place if you want to quickly jump from ~lvl25 to ~lvl45.

It takes me an average of around 15 minutes to complete it. You only need two defenses, spinning swords and harpoons behind them and around ur crystals to kill flying wyerns.

Start solo the level on easy, and then move up the difficulty the stronger u get. You can easily jump ~10 levels in 2 hours.
Since you are a Squire, Ramparts on Hard is basically the same as Easy since you kill everything before it touches your towers.

Insane is a bit different and I need to figure out tower placement or be more active killing. Probably be a lot easier with 2 people. Also a lot of nice items.
Winnie the Pimp said:
considering to pick this up to play coop/multi with my gf ...

is this game fun when just played with 2 people or is it really meant for more?
2 is completely fine.

7.05 Patch Notes:

* Added Halloween Spooktacular Event Content! Tons of New Costumes, New Mission, New Items & Weapons!
* Added VSync and One-Threaded-Renderer Options to the Configuration Tool
* Fixed 50% of all reported crash types
* Improved Apprentice Defense Attack Rate ramp further, now you gain major Attack Rate DPS benefits well into the 100's of Attack Rate points
* Chat-box now won't auto-close when opened if bound to 'Enter'
* Items that are locked in your Item Box now stay locked when equipped to your hero
* Fixed minor potential exploits
* Chat History ("Console") Key can now be set in the Configuration Tool

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hitmonchan107 said:
7.05 Patch Notes:

* Items that are locked in your Item Box now stay locked when equipped to your hero
Moving pretty fast with those updates. Good to see.

KuroNeeko

Hitmonchan107 said:
7.05 Patch Notes:

* Added Halloween Spooktacular Event Content! Tons of New Costumes, New Mission, New Items & Weapons!
* Improved Apprentice Defense Attack Rate ramp further, now you gain major Attack Rate DPS benefits well into the 100's of Attack Rate points

Is this patch / content Halloween Loot going to be made available to the console (360 / PS3) versions as well?

Finaika

Hitmonchan107 said:
7.05 Patch Notes:

Are the console versions also receiving these constant patch fixes like the PC version?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finaika said:
Are the console versions also receiving these constant patch fixes like the PC version?

No, likely due to the fact that console patches have to go through Sony/MS QA before they're released. Console versions will probably get a big cumulative patch sometime soonish. Or at least I hope.

KuroNeeko

Seraphis Cain said:
No, likely due to the fact that console patches have to go through Sony/MS QA before they're released. Console versions will probably get a big cumulative patch sometime soonish. Or at least I hope.

Figured as much.

"patheticconsolepeasant.gif"

Makes me wish for the old days when games like PSO on the Cube could whip out a Halloween event no sweat....(selective memory is allowing me to disregard the rampant BSOD, duping, and hacking that was also present.)

zatara

Seraphis Cain said:

Yeah they need an auto target fix in a patch asap.

Seventy5

The M.O.B said:

You can level from 25ish way easier and faster doing deeper wells insane solo for a squire or huntress. its easy as hell to earn 2 or 3 levels in 15 minutes, but you get fuck all for item drops and mana.

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Is this only going to be active until the end of Halloween?
Looks like it going to be active from the 30th to November 9th.

EDIT: Jesus

3BD23213AE5204A6D6BA0CC893047BF1C7458457

This person was doing 10K a shot. Epic Armor set as well.

garath

xyla said:
After the release-hell this game has gone through, I guess that's well deserved. Can't justify to buy it without a sale atm though.

Honestly, I've already gotten $15 worth of fun out of the game. I've put in almost 15 hours just playing different characters and exploring the game. I haven't even gotten to the meat of it.

MRORANGE

a question to Hitmonchan107

Do you think the developer might try and integrate items from dungeon defenders with Steam Trade?

Domstercool

This game is pretty darn awesome. Brilliant and addictive. I have one problem though, today one of my characters vanished from the server that stores your characters :( So I had to start a new character. :( Apart from that I'm having so much fun!

MRORANGE said:
a question to Hitmonchan107

Do you think the developer might try and integrate items from dungeon defenders with Steam Trade?
That is a feature we are very interested in. It's something we will look in to. :^)

Top Bottom