• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Travelers 2 |OT| - We don't need no White Knights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorarnae

I need to take more time to learn the whole blacksmithing upgrade system better. I remember not knowing wtf I was doing back with the PSP one lol.

it's not really worth it in the beginning, you get better gear pretty quick. It gets good once you can have +50, at +50 you can have 3 stats on your item.
also when you're forging, you can reroll the result.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
it's not really worth it in the beginning, you get better gear pretty quick. It gets good once you can have +50, at +50 you can have 3 stats on your item.
also when you're forging, you can reroll the result.

ill remember that plus waste less items too id imagine thanks for the info!

Dorarnae

been farming the top of the tower tonight, and finally some good loot dropped. kinda wish the steal rate with the treasure hunter was higher but it's still better than nothing.

all I need now is the seal to regen all my tp and then I can start power leveling like crazy.

btw, is perorist dead/gave up? hehe

Parakeetman

been farming the top of the tower tonight, and finally some good loot dropped. kinda wish the steal rate with the treasure hunter was higher but it's still better than nothing.

all I need now is the seal to regen all my tp and then I can start power leveling like crazy.

btw, is perorist dead/gave up? hehe

i think his vita exploded from the awesomeness of the final dungeon lol

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Got distracted by some VN recently. Will probably get back to this and finish it before the end of the year though. 2014 has just been kind of phenomenal for the Vita and my backlog on it is obscene so I felt guilty for just sitting around grinding in DT2 lol.

Trying to get Souffle leveled up as a sniper since her unique skill combined with that class is supposed to be quite excellent against casting/song/dance enemies. Also debating leveling zombie girl Tsurara. Her unique skill is top tier and kunoichi seem quite good for the hardest bosses with the most health.

Dorarnae

Got distracted by some VN recently. Will probably get back to this and finish it before the end of the year though. 2014 has just been kind of phenomenal for the Vita and my backlog on it is obscene so I felt guilty for just sitting around grinding in DT2 lol.

Trying to get Souffle leveled up as a sniper since her unique skill combined with that class is supposed to be quite excellent against casting/song/dance enemies. Also debating leveling zombie girl Tsurara. Her unique skill is top tier and kunoichi seem quite good for the hardest bosses with the most health.

you'll need a few good physical dmg dealer(and maybe a treasure hunter too), on floor 29 there's a fix encounter with a dark dragon and a Tiamat on a anti magic field hehe. I'll probably start lvling my samurai now.

Dorarnae

( ゚Д゚)

Sounds like a TH will be really necessary

yeah, the 666 and 1111 fixed dmg is really annoying. I managed to kill them tonight. opened 2 door on floor 30, but will have to wait for the other 2 door...

I just plat the game but still a lot of farming on the way lol.

Parakeetman

yeah, the 666 and 1111 fixed dmg is really annoying. I managed to kill them tonight. opened 2 door on floor 30, but will have to wait for the other 2 door...

I just plat the game but still a lot of farming on the way lol.

lol no way? congrats on the plat!

Dorarnae

finally killed the prince and princess...quite a dangerous battle, but it feels good to know that I can do it now, because I have to do it again 8 more times :S

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
A DT2 theme came out on PSN today, shots of home screen and system icons.
nck34CK.jpg
Mru7iBW.jpg
jVYoRZ9.jpg

Wallpapers have main party members grouped by base class, though Melvy also gets her own page |`Д´|

Parakeetman

A DT2 theme came out on PSN today, shots of home screen and system icons.

Wallpapers have main party members grouped by base class, though Melvy also gets her own page |`Д´|

wat melvy? not alisia? what is this heresy!?!

will buy it tonight lol

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yep lol, would've been nice if they included some extra ones of individual characters but it's just Melvy front and center.

I like how they stuck maid sensei's head into the headset for the party icon though.

Edit - turned on OS music and it's the world map theme

Dorarnae

DT2seal_zps8146eaf3.png

Finally!!! time to start farming like crazy now, brb in a few weeks lol. I was wondering if there was large resist up as stat...looks like I'll have to farm a few of these later :(

I just tried something recently with my Etoile and this is kind of crazy. I have her with a A knife and some action speed up. Her speed overall is nice, but instead of just doing some action, I just defend, making her turn come up a lot faster.Sometime I could play 3 times before everyone else. this is kind of crazy with salsa dance on.

Parakeetman

DT2seal_zps8146eaf3.png

Finally!!! time to start farming like crazy now, brb in a few weeks lol. I was wondering if there was large resist up as stat...looks like I'll have to farm a few of these later :(

I just tried something recently with my Etoile and this is kind of crazy. I have her with a A knife and some action speed up. Her speed overall is nice, but instead of just doing some action, I just defend, making her turn come up a lot faster.Sometime I could play 3 times before everyone else. this is kind of crazy with salsa dance on.

holy crap thats insane stats lol

Yep lol, would've been nice if they included some extra ones of individual characters but it's just Melvy front and center.

I like how they stuck maid sensei's head into the headset for the party icon though.

Edit - turned on OS music and it's the world map theme

Maid sensei is the best thing about the theme lol

Parakeetman

dt2magicalprincess_zps2b8424e2.png

my new toy. :)
but crowning a character is a pain in the butt...

edit:wow my vita just crashed (not the game), kinda scary, guess it needs to cool down a bit lol

lol Ive had my 2K freak out due to overheating once.

I wonder what would happen if you had 3 magical princesses in the front

Dorarnae

lol Ive had my 2K freak out due to overheating once.

I wonder what would happen if you had 3 magical princesses in the front

I just tried some of the god boss, and wow they still kick my butt.
thinking of leveling a sniper, they're good dps. and then maybe a joker.

Dorarnae

lol I dont even think elminage kicks the players ass that hard.

btw for your own personal ranking of dungeon crawler RPGs where does this rank for you?

the game isnt too bad once you have the gear ect. it's just grind heavy.

this is a good drpg, it needs some balancing tho (pretty sure they'll change stuff for the next game).

I'd say elminage and experience inc. drpg are still my favorite . then there's probably this game and Etrian odyssey 3.

Dorarnae

LOL at Fiora soloing the second half of that battle

Have you thought about making her learn cover? MP can become illusion tanks and may be more effective than VL at keeping everyone alive.

haven't spent all her points, but will probably end up getting that. just wanted to have magical slash as the first skill in battle, since I'll use her to grind a bit.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
haven't spent all her points, but will probably end up getting that. just wanted to have magical slash as the first skill in battle, since I'll use her to grind a bit.
Ah right that does add a lot of additional button pressing with how many enemies you have to fight. Still surprised you crowned a character so fast even without the EXP accessory. Also as long as you can kill on the first move you could turn on cursor memory in the options and just mash O when a battle starts to do magical slash each time.

Btw which spot did you end up using for grinding?

Dorarnae

Ah right that does add a lot of additional button pressing with how many enemies you have to fight. Still surprised you crowned a character so fast even without the EXP accessory. Also as long as you can kill on the first move you could turn on cursor memory in the options and just mash O when a battle starts to do magical slash each time.

Btw which spot did you end up using for grinding?

scafold, near the magical princess door. seems to be the best place. took around 20-30 minutes to get 1 to 61 with my non crowned papillion

I tried the first floor of the tower, the exp is good overall but it's a lot more dangerous and with the mandrake in scafold, you end up earning around the same exp. maybe it's a bit faster in the tower, but not worth the risk.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
What's your play clock looking like? Can't imagine how long that's going to take (ヽ´ω`)

Parakeetman

Man I need to get back into the game. Since you two are way beyond passing me up. Trying to work on the 2 OTs at the moment, one is barebones so should be ok, but the EO 2 remake one might take more time. D:

That and was playing Dragon Age Inquisition earlier in the week to see the game design with it. Pretty impressive overall. The scale of the world and detail is INSANE. Game has some weird ass bugs and few odd design choices but overall good game.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
What's the other OT? I've been trying to break into EO since the first game but for some reason I just could never get into it. Might be because it feels a little "slow" and the lack of a story. Also really don't like having to draw the map.

I'm looking forward to DAI too but going to wait until I pick up a PS4 or the next time I upgrade my PC before I jump in lol.

Parakeetman

What's the other OT? I've been trying to break into EO since the first game but for some reason I just could never get into it. Might be because it feels a little "slow" and the lack of a story. Also really don't like having to draw the map.

I'm looking forward to DAI too but going to wait until I pick up a PS4 or the next time I upgrade my PC before I jump in lol.

Yeah it runs great on the PS4 personally. Dont let those who are kicking and screaming about stuttering and other whatnots bother you. Cant stand the children these days constantly whining and screaming about shit that doesnt matter. I hardly noticed any issues outside of actual bugs where you might have to back out of the game when it happens. But by the time you pick it up am sure it will be patched.

The other OT is for Phantasy Star Nova which is pretty good actually. Triace did a great job with the combat and such. Though man do all of the skills feel massively OP due to them being designed for combat with the huge Gigantes enemies.

Try the latest demo out as its a pretty good chunk of the games starting portion.

Though no internet play MP is all adhoc.

100% sure SEGA did another "bad" business decision and did that to ensure that their "profits" from the F2P PSO2 do not get eaten into. Which truthfully is stupid as Nova would have had more pre-orders / sales in the long run helping the new franchise. That and $$$ comes from the current players in PSO2 who are constantly buying stuff. New players are not as tempted to buy things yet seeing how they have just started and need to work on various things to make any sort of purchases have any sort of real impact for them. Dont want to waste a bunch of $$$ on the gacha stuff if you have not invested much time into the title itself.

Really, really bad business decision to not have infrastructure in there truthfully. Could have pushed folks over to getting into PSO2 thats why.

They have it assbackwards with the decision. But seeing how SEGA is as mentioned am still 100% sure thats why they did what they did with the design choice.

---

man thank god im not doing that graphically intensive OT for phantasy star nova the resources are shit. lol

by far Experience Inc has been the best for giving useable resources. Aquaplus too was quite good with all the stuff they had. As was able to piece together various things as seen here in the OT.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ah right forgot PS Nova comes out soon. Did play the second demo for a bit but decided to cancel my preorder since I'm going to be strapped for time in the coming months and usually end up getting way too into hunting style games lol (going to be passing on GE2RB for the same reason). I'm sure there will be an Infinity version or something by the time I'm ready to play it anyways.

Parakeetman

Ah right forgot PS Nova comes out soon. Did play the second demo for a bit but decided to cancel my preorder since I'm going to be strapped for time in the coming months and usually end up getting way too into hunting style games lol (going to be passing on GE2RB for the same reason). I'm sure there will be an Infinity version or something by the time I'm ready to play it anyways.

Nova its hilarious how easy it is to destroy the Gigantes with the skills you unlock. I suppose its nice that upgrades are done via items instead of # of times used like before.

My guess is the later ones will kick your ass more with ranged attacks or mobility than anything. But the starting one is beyond easy to beat.

But you need to be like me! buy shit and have it sitting around waiting to be played lol. D: A lot of times I just get stuff to delve deep enough to get an understanding of the design / gameplay mechanics then that usually satisfies me.

The 27th will be killer 3 titles coming out at once. Oedo Blacksmith, Seikaijyu 2 Knights of Fafnir, Phantasy Star Nova D:

Might give Oedo a pass though as I HATE anything with poke / prod mechanics. Too bad considering it looked pretty cool otherwise.

Need to finish Tears to Tiara II also. But that game will take an insanely long time with how story intensive it is.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
But you need to be like me! buy shit and have it sitting around waiting to be played lol. D: A lot of times I just get stuff to delve deep enough to get an understanding of the design / gameplay mechanics then that usually satisfies me.
Oh man you have no idea lol, I am already waist deep this year. For 2014 alone I've bought around 30 Vita games (6 more preordered coming before the end of the year) and have satisfactorily played though only maybe 6 or 7 of them. Also 7 3DS games and only played 3, and at least half a dozen PS3 games that I haven't touched. Not to mention what's already been announced upcoming in 2015 D:

For me the 27th is Dekamori SK, Fate/ha port (with voices!), and the Nisekoi game (I need an ending already even if it's not canon |`Д´|)

Only thing with PSNova that I hope happens is more complex smaller or indoor areas like in the PSP games rather than nothing but boring big flat open areas. Didn't play too far in the demo so I don't know if that changes but I have a feeling it won't since the areas have to be big enough to fit the Gigantes enemies.

Parakeetman

Oh man you have no idea lol, I am already waist deep this year. For 2014 alone I've bought around 30 Vita games (6 more preordered coming before the end of the year) and have satisfactorily played though only maybe 6 or 7 of them. Also 7 3DS games and only played 3, and at least half a dozen PS3 games that I haven't touched. Not to mention what's already been announced upcoming in 2015 D:

For me the 27th is Dekamori SK, Fate/ha port (with voices!), and the Nisekoi game (I need an ending already even if it's not canon |`Д´|)

Only thing with PSNova that I hope happens is more complex smaller or indoor areas like in the PSP games rather than nothing but boring big flat open areas. Didn't play too far in the demo so I don't know if that changes but I have a feeling it won't since the areas have to be big enough to fit the Gigantes enemies.

Yeah I dont think that we will have any Gigantes indoors. Though there might be indoor sections Id imagine. But you never know lol.

People always whine about how there are no games, but those folks dont have to deal with import shit. Dear god. Japan is non stop

My purpose in the game will be to remake Lisa from PSO2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mTrumTYfvo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWWZIqS__GM
<3

-------

Just checked the Dungeon Travelers 2-2 website and still no updates. D: Wonder when we will hear more from it?

-------

saw this fucking hilarious and comment over at Gematsu at the same time.

"Eh... It just depends on what you've played, honestly. I can get more depth from the Generation Xth series and that started back in 2008 for PC, lol. Now, if you want to compare it to like the Wizardry games for PS3, yeah, I'd agree with you there, but... Even something like Students of the Round is more complex than this, haha.

Honestly, I'd say anything from EXP trumps whatever this game has to offer. They're pretty much the pinnacle of dungeon RPGs these days."

Just goes to show the guy hardly has any idea what the fuck hes talking about. Considering EXP Inc games are not that complex overall esp when it comes to the selection of skills. Generation Xth hardly is deep in terms of the combat let alone skills that you have at your disposal. Doubt he even played the game considering the dumb shit said in that comment.

Dorarnae

Thats awesome the clock goes over 99 hours

hehe, probably the drpg that I've spent the most time on, on one game that is.
I am often close to 100-130 with elminage. and had around 130 on labyrinth cross blood too.

as long as it doesn't beat the time I spent on one character in one MMO (213 days lol).

Dorarnae

oh dear god, etrian odyssey 5 just got announced. so many drpg :S
I always think that one day I'll see the end of the road but they just keep coming, it's crazy.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom