• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Travelers 2 |OT| - We don't need no White Knights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Uwaa it's finally done. Still have to level her up to fighting shape one more time though

T2fLEJa.jpg

Took like a whole week, but now I can get back to climbing that tower.

Was looking at some blogs for effective crowning strategies and some players crowned like 10 characters in the PSP version. Doing that without the exp accessory is unimaginable ... д・´)

And then they did it all over again for the Vita port (`゚A゚´)

Some people are seriously dedicated lol

Dorarnae

Uwaa it's finally done. Still have to level her up to fighting shape one more time though

T2fLEJa.jpg

Took like a whole week, but now I can get back to climbing that tower.

Was looking at some blogs for effective crowning strategies and some players crowned like 10 characters in the PSP version. Doing that without the exp accessory is unimaginable ... д・´)

And then they did it all over again for the Vita port (`゚A゚´)

Some people are seriously dedicated lol

what is crowning btw? at first I thought it was just lvling to 99 but is there something else...? looking at your stat, this seem to be worth it, having to put less resist on gear ect...

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
what is crowning btw? at first I thought it was just lvling to 99 but is there something else...? looking at your stat, this seem to be worth it, having to put less resist on gear ect...
Basically when you level reset a certain amount you get a permanent bonus to all stats, which caps out at a total of +50 per stat.

Decrease 50 levels = +1
Decrease 60 levels = +2 (most efficient)
Decrease 70 levels = +3
Decrease 80 levels = +4
Decrease 90 levels = +5

So you can level up to:
Lv61 and reset back to Lv1 x 25 times
Lv71 and reset back to Lv1 x 17~ times
Lv81 and reset back to Lv1 x 13~ times
Lv91 and reset back to Lv1 x 10 times

For most of the stats the +50 isn't that much better than a buff spell, but the two important points are the elemental resistances and agility stat. For elemental resistances the bonus makes it much easier to get +100 on all elements, which is essential for end-game as it makes you immune to every status ailment. 50 points is also a huge boost to the agility stat since the base stat is pretty low anyways. Gives classes like magical princess 3 turns to the boss's 1.

Dorarnae

Basically when you level reset a certain amount you get a permanent bonus to all stats, which caps out at a total of +50 per stat.

Decrease 50 levels = +1
Decrease 60 levels = +2 (most efficient)
Decrease 70 levels = +3
Decrease 80 levels = +4
Decrease 90 levels = +5

So you can level up to:
Lv61 and reset back to Lv1 x 25 times
Lv71 and reset back to Lv1 x 17~ times
Lv81 and reset back to Lv1 x 13~ times
Lv91 and reset back to Lv1 x 10 times

For most of the stats the +50 isn't that much better than a buff spell, but the two important points are the elemental resistances and agility stat. For elemental resistances the bonus makes it much easier to get +100 on all elements, which is essential for end-game as it makes you immune to every status ailment. 50 points is also a huge boost to the agility stat since the base stat is pretty low anyways. Gives classes like magical princess 3 turns to the boss's 1.

cool thx. I just got to the first boss in gear castle. damn he is rough but managed to kill him now.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
front:valkyrie/dark lord
back: witch/bishop/etoile
Hm I went with a similar setup but with a magical princess/sage instead of witch/bishop. The main difference between my losing streak and the time I won was I fortified everyone's equipment with fire/earth elemental resistance to finally survive all the faint/instant death attacks the boss had lol.

finally unlocked that tower.
The job doors in there aren't as bad as they seem btw as you're basically home free every 5th floor when you unlock an elevator shortcut back to the first.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hm I went with a similar setup but with a magical princess/sage instead of witch/bishop. The main difference between my losing streak and the time I won was I fortified everyone's equipment with fire/earth elemental resistance to finally survive all the faint/instant death attacks the boss had lol.

The job doors in there aren't as bad as they seem btw as you're basically home free every 5th floor when you unlock an elevator shortcut back to the first.

Man I cant wait to get there myself.

Btw did you fight
maid sensei already?
best
character ever. Hope she makes it back into DT2-2. Am pretty sure she will considering she seems to be a staple of the series. But this time I want her as a hidden playable character. D:

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Man I cant wait to get there myself.

Btw did you fight
maid sensei already?
best character ever.
Not yet lol. Unlocked her a long time ago but from what I can tell even among the level 99 god bosses she's one of the hardest ones so it'll probably be a while before I attempt it.

Parakeetman

Not yet lol. Unlocked her a long time ago but from what I can tell even among the level 99 god bosses she's one of the hardest ones so it'll probably be a while before I attempt it.

I demand a figure of her. Id so drop cold hard cash on one. D:

CrovaxPSO

My party is starting to all reach level 15. Thinking about Paladin for Alicia and Priestess for Melvy. Not really sure about the others. Assassin for Monica probably? And I think Dancer since Etoile seems pretty good. No idea about Lillian.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say definitely go with Trickster over Dollmaster for Lilian. Has one of the best passive skills out there (nullify physical damage 12% of the time) and you can actually have her start dealing big damage if you level up the high risk and return skill.

Parakeetman

My party is starting to all reach level 15. Thinking about Paladin for Alicia and Priestess for Melvy. Not really sure about the others. Assassin for Monica probably? And I think Dancer since Etoile seems pretty good. No idea about Lillian.

Doll Master is pretty worthless lol. Since time it takes to get all the dolls up and running is way too long to be efficient and as a single character does not provide enough firepower on their own.

Assassin is pretty useful. Stun Sting all the way!!!!11111111111111 Seriously, that skill has saved my ass so many times. Though it seems they dropped the proc rate slightly from the psp one. If they did not surprised since it was seriously too useful lol

The bard class is useful for the exp up skill. Think of it this way Bard = party buffs, Dancer = enemy debuffs.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Stun Sting all the way!!!!11111111111111 Seriously, that skill has saved my ass so many times. Though it seems they dropped the proc rate slightly from the psp one. If they did not surprised since it was seriously too useful lol.
I'm leveling one of the DLC characters right now as my party's treasure hunter and have her as a dagger build with maxed stun sting. Seems to proc pretty decently as I've been using it in combination with Papillon's tinker squash(?) to basically end those fights without the enemy ever getting a turn lol. Unfortunately a good number of later enemies block the faint ailment.

Also recently realized while in the equip screen you can touch an equipment's description box on the touch screen to see what classes can equip it. Would've saved me much scrolling and testing if I had known earlier ( ´_ゝ`)

CrovaxPSO

I'd say definitely go with Trickster over Dollmaster for Lilian. Has one of the best passive skills out there (nullify physical damage 12% of the time) and you can actually have her start dealing big damage if you level up the high risk and return skill.

Doll Master is pretty worthless lol. Since time it takes to get all the dolls up and running is way too long to be efficient and as a single character does not provide enough firepower on their own.

Assassin is pretty useful. Stun Sting all the way!!!!11111111111111 Seriously, that skill has saved my ass so many times. Though it seems they dropped the proc rate slightly from the psp one. If they did not surprised since it was seriously too useful lol

The bard class is useful for the exp up skill. Think of it this way Bard = party buffs, Dancer = enemy debuffs.

Thanks guys, as always. Now to figure out all these other new skills.

Parakeetman

Thanks guys, as always. Now to figure out all these other new skills.

The other reason why stun sting is nice besides stopping spells is that it will cause the enemy to lose their turn which is a huge help. Thats if the enemy is not resistant to the stun effect though. Anything that can knock enemies back on the turn totem is highly appreciated. D:

You know on a separate note I kinda wonder how many people clicked on the character icons to look at the profiles? lol

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh sorry I meant the OT itself lol.
Oh lmao, I was poking at my screen all over at the camp/library menu trying to figure out what you meant. I actually clicked on the ones on the first page of this thread pretty often in the beginning to reference what their names were before I remembered them or hadn't gotten them through the story yet.

Favorite character so far is definitely Conet, love dat darudere and the way her VA intonates her lines. Second fav so far is Irena (`ω´)
Really do like almost all the characters to some extent though due to all the skits they've put in to add personality beyond the main story. To be honest I'm half convinced they made the job doors the way they did so you would be forced to use every character in a variety of jobs so you can see as many skits as possible. On one hand I'd love to see everyone return in DT2-2 but if they give us a totally new cast of characters just as good I'd be happy with that too.

Just got one with Yuni where she
does a bunch of tongue twisters and bites her tongue at the end
http://i.imgur.com/j0MCfUb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oq5Pxqm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jFPCSSK.jpg (´・ω・`)

So many have very specific conditions too like feeding a character a bunch of a specific item during battle or requiring Melvy to be a Bishop and then having Tsurara in the party as a Kunoichi at the same time gets you one called 露出とエロと私 lol. So probably too hard to see them all without a guide.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Btw Crovax, a reminder about your maid before you get too far. The hard cap on after-battle TP recovery from a single source is 15% so the most efficient use of SP is to put 3 levels into 奉仕の心 and 10 into maid mastery as that also helps the other two top tier maid skills.

Dorarnae

circle nurse <3 hehe.

I tried to start crowning a papillion, but this make me cry lol. really wish I had that exp item.
doing 1 to 40 isn't too bad, but after 40 it requires a couple more fight :S
they should do like Call of duty, double exp week or something lol.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I tried to start crowning a papillion
&#65288;&#12288;&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;&#65289; RIP Doramae 19XX - 2014

I seriously would've given up if someone told me it was going to take twice as long as it took me lol. Most people seem to only attempt it after they already hit 99 and at least around near the top of the tower so they have access to final end-game equipment before they start, which makes a huge difference supposedly.

Most popular method that I found (and ended up using) btw:
Either get a level 99 Papillon or level 99 Magical Princess with maxed gear focusing on ATK and AGI.
Make a party of two using one of the above and whoever you plan to crown (fewer party members = way way way more exp)
Equip Fried with the Doombringer tome (fewer party members = more damage)
Also optionally get the books from the strongest mandragora enemies, which will fully recover HP or TP after each battle since you won't have maid benefits.

In order of exp and difficulty based on gear, there are specific training spots in the
library depths, shinen naru yami, and scaffold
dungeons. Run around and spam roses queen with Papillon or magical slash with Magical Princess. If you're at an effective level of gear for the spot it should kill all regular enemy groups in one shot on the first move.

Some reported values for the PSP version without the exp accessory for 1 -> 61 btw
Library depths - 45 minutes
Shinen naru yami - less than above
Scaffold - 20 minutes (using crowned leveler)

Personally I've also been using the Gehena dungeon recently for non-crown leveling as the mandragora enemies seem to appear quite often right after the purple warp area.

Dorarnae

&#65288;&#12288;&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;&#65289; RIP Doramae 19XX - 2014

I seriously would've given up if someone told me it was going to take twice as long as it took me lol. Most people seem to only attempt it after they already hit 99 and at least around near the top of the tower so they have access to final end-game equipment before they start, which makes a huge difference supposedly.

Most popular method that I found (and ended up using) btw:
Either get a level 99 Papillon or level 99 Magical Princess with maxed gear focusing on ATK and AGI.
Make a party of two using one of the above and whoever you plan to crown (fewer party members = way way way more exp)
Equip Fried with the Doombringer tome (fewer party members = more damage)
Also optionally get the books from the strongest mandragora enemies, which will fully recover HP or TP after each battle since you won't have maid benefits.

In order of exp and difficulty based on gear, there are specific training spots in the
library depths, shinen naru yami, and scaffold
dungeons. Run around and spam roses queen with Papillon or magical slash with Magical Princess. If you're at an effective level of gear for the spot it should kill all regular enemy groups in one shot on the first move.

Some reported values for the PSP version without the exp accessory for 1 -> 61 btw
Library depths - 45 minutes
Shinen naru yami - less than above
Scaffold - 20 minutes (using crowned leveler)

Personally I've also been using the Gehena dungeon recently for non-crown leveling as the mandragora enemies seem to appear quite often right after the purple warp area.

nice info, thx. My magical princess is still in the 50... hehe. But I think you can respec at 90 on the vita? I could always change my witch to that.

I post the video against the boss in gear castle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0RvDHyGC9I

CrovaxPSO

Followed the wiki's ratings for skills to get a good idea of how to focus my points in the new classes. I was having some trouble with Grisherina, went back with the new classes and it was so much easier. It's also nice having more stuff to do in combat now besides mostly regular attacks. Wasn't all that impressed with Lillian up until now, but the High Risk skill then Danger Shoot can be crazy.

Dorarnae

Followed the wiki's ratings for skills to get a good idea of how to focus my points in the new classes. I was having some trouble with Grisherina, went back with the new classes and it was so much easier. It's also nice having more stuff to do in combat now besides mostly regular attacks. Wasn't all that impressed with Lillian up until now, but the High Risk skill then Danger Shoot can be crazy.

the game start off a bit slow because you have so little point to spend, but later you end having pretty much everything you want (passive/skill ect).

CrovaxPSO

The bosses throughout the dungeons are so much harder than the regular enemies in this game. This Siren in the &#12500;&#12456;&#12523;&#12479;&#12531; tower thing is really handing it to me. Interrupt on her big AoE cast always fails and then she kills 3 of my party.

Edit: And as soon as my stuns start landing, she goes down no problem. Gotta buff up that skill I guess.

Parakeetman

The bosses throughout the dungeons are so much harder than the regular enemies in this game. This Siren in the &#12500;&#12456;&#12523;&#12479;&#12531; tower thing is really handing it to me. Interrupt on her big AoE cast always fails and then she kills 3 of my party.

Edit: And as soon as my stuns start landing, she goes down no problem. Gotta buff up that skill I guess.

Dont make it so expensive that you cant use it anymore lol

CrovaxPSO

Dont make it so expensive that you cant use it anymore lol

I made that mistake with something early on, haha. I have Stun Sting at 3 now, 11 TP cost. I have Conet using the TP song, combined with Cooking and I'm not really having TP issues for now.

Now the Gargoyle in the old tower is giving me trouble. I don't even know if I'm just doing something wrong or what. The AoE that hits a whole row just wears me down and I can't keep up with healing.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Now the Gargoyle in the old tower is giving me trouble. I don't even know if I'm just doing something wrong or what. The AoE that hits a whole row just wears me down and I can't keep up with healing.
Not sure if you have access to any freeze moves but it's susceptible to freeze. If you can inflict it, it literally can't use any other moves besides regular single attacks. I made Monica an archer so she had freeze shot which worked pretty well. If you don't mind losing a level or two you could respec her to 15 and switch jobs. She's not great as a long term party member for post game anyways.

Dorarnae

made it to 11th floor. lvling my magical princess and treasure hunter...I could always go clean the other half of Dire dawa.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Btw that treasure hunter door is just for a switch on one floor and not needed for the boss. Once you flip it, it stays flipped and you can exit and replace with someone else.

In the grand scheme of things though treasure hunters make some of the best support party members so I'm considering leveling one to 99. With item mastery at level 10 you get 200% item effect so you can get some of the best healing in the game like a 1000HP party heal with that one item with no cast time.

Dorarnae

Btw that treasure hunter door is just for a switch on one floor and not needed for the boss. Once you flip it, it stays flipped and you can exit and replace with someone else.

In the grand scheme of things though treasure hunters make some of the best support party members so I'm considering leveling one to 99. With item mastery at level 10 you get 200% item effect so you can get some of the best healing in the game like a 1000HP party heal with that one item with no cast time.

ah ok nice, I'll do that :)
yeah item mastery is nice, I am not really having problem with casting speed on my bishop when it's for healing but 1000 instead of 620 is good.
steal item is probably not too bad for getting some gear at the top of that tower. it always end up dropping but sometimes it takes forever before it drops.

CrovaxPSO

Not sure if you have access to any freeze moves but it's susceptible to freeze. If you can inflict it, it literally can't use any other moves besides regular single attacks. I made Monica an archer so she had freeze shot which worked pretty well. If you don't mind losing a level or two you could respec her to 15 and switch jobs. She's not great as a long term party member for post game anyways.

Didn't see this until this afternoon. I finally beat the Gargoyle (barely, two left alive) by once again getting lucky. She only started using the AoE when she had 500 HP or so left, so by then I could just survive long enough to get her down.

I don't mind the challenge that the bosses give, but the regular monsters are so easy by comparison. It makes me think I'm missing something but I think I have a good handle on the game at this point. Or maybe I just need to grind a bit.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
hehe
When I killed Tiamat, I got a nice one hand axe. 300 ish atk for a one hand is kinda crazy lol.
Yeah that axe is a recommended final weapon for the Joker class on the wiki. I didn't get one when I fought it but it becomes a regular enemy on later floors so the drop results are random for that fight I guess.

I don't mind the challenge that the bosses give, but the regular monsters are so easy by comparison. It makes me think I'm missing something but I think I have a good handle on the game at this point. Or maybe I just need to grind a bit.
The balancing definitely is a little weird early on, but they'll definitely get stronger and stronger, especially in the post-game. You'll eventually feel like you're starting at a disadvantage if you don't pre-apply a bunch of buffs before going into a random encounter, though instant wipes from being ambushed isn't too rare either way. Also you'll start meeting "strong enemy" types with larger sprites soon I think. Some of those can take you for a ride.

Dorarnae

yeah don't worry about normal battle, you'll get some large monster later and they can be quite dangerous. and monster with breath attack and some magic attack hurt too at one point.

Dorarnae

climbed the tower a bit, made it to floor 16. those 3 sister were something, well overall they weren't too bad, but having 3-4 people sleeping sometime sucks hehe.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
You caught up to me lol. I'm at the same spot but haven't played for a few days. Going to grind a couple of core party members to 90 and just respec my way past the rest of the doors.

Parakeetman

Didn't see this until this afternoon. I finally beat the Gargoyle (barely, two left alive) by once again getting lucky. She only started using the AoE when she had 500 HP or so left, so by then I could just survive long enough to get her down.

normal enemies get a bit stronger from the summer palace and optional tree dungeon.

CrovaxPSO

Got myself lost pretty well in this underground crypt area. Beat the Lich and moved on, but eventually decided to go back and ID all the items I had. Went back in and forgot how to get where I was, haha.

Also, a couple times I've come across a tile that pops up a yes or no question. Both times I just quickly selected yes, but I don't think anything happened. When I go back to the tile, I get another message but no choice. Any idea what those are?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Got myself lost pretty well in this underground crypt area. Beat the Lich and moved on, but eventually decided to go back and ID all the items I had. Went back in and forgot how to get where I was, haha.

Also, a couple times I've come across a tile that pops up a yes or no question. Both times I just quickly selected yes, but I don't think anything happened. When I go back to the tile, I get another message but no choice. Any idea what those are?
I think those are the locations for fighting the 4 heavenly beastmen kings which you need some special item to activate. It's an endgame event/sidequest chain. Haven't done it myself but they're all around level 99 so I'm assuming they're pretty tough lol.

Dorarnae

You caught up to me lol. I'm at the same spot but haven't played for a few days. Going to grind a couple of core party members to 90 and just respec my way past the rest of the doors.

heh I made it to floor 20 yesterday, but I haven't been playing as much as I wanted to. it's quite crazy at work atm, stuck with overtime :(

CrovaxPSO

Didn't have much time to play the last couple days, but I managed to get back to where I was in the crypt and beat the boss first try. Haven't spent many skillpoints in a while either so everyone has around 15 built up. Might try to save as many as I can for the next class change.

Parakeetman

almost made it to the top, went to the other tower and some annoying/powerful boss there. I need to upgrade my armor, but it's quite expensive.

I need to take more time to learn the whole blacksmithing upgrade system better. I remember not knowing wtf I was doing back with the PSP one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom