• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail |OT| Become the Storm

Raptor

Just got up, I apologize that I can't respond to everyone, but I'm glad most of you are enjoying the game :) Thank you for giving Dust your time, it means a lot!

I have been compiling a list of technical issues, so I read everything. And regarding the 'less-than-pristine' nature of character portraits, it was strictly a memory issue. I'd love nothing more than to provide all artwork uncompressed, but I use a LOT of massive spritesheets and it just wasn't feasable.

Toy, how you doing on tokens? Thanks for handling those while I was away.

Also, I've just been notified that the remaining Avatar items are now on the marketplace! Note that the Dust 'head + hat' combo is a bit spoilery, so dont click on that thumbnail unless you've beaten the game.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Dust-An-Elysian-Tail/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a67

They are all out.

Didn't got one sadly.

:)

Rad Agast

I was waiting for the game's release before posting in this thread. Picked it up today and played the demo then purchased it right away. I like how smooth everything is.

Still on the first level but I'll have plenty of free time the rest of the week to try and finish my first play-through. Playing on the second highest difficulty and it feels good so far.

Noogy

Has anyone played the Dust track on Trials Evolution? Loved how they had the pesky squirrel floating behind you like it was Fidget. Awesome touch lol

Ahh, didn't know that was up, going to get it now. The Redlynx guys actually contacted me and I gushed over how awesome the video of that track looked.

BTW, my cowriter Alex Kain going hand tokens out for a while at his twitter: https://twitter.com/tdcpresents

Noogy

I have three left, I feel like I should make people work for them though =P

Getting Fidget ASAP!

Mind if I have you give out more? You've been doing a great job, I'm so busy I just dump them into my messages like this:

WKTPF-Y6X9G-JXHGT-XXWP9-33YQZ
Y7F9T-YV9YR-3X379-YXMTM-3CDHZ
3MHDQ-9YYF3-PFK4H-G3VCF-RWV7Z

And people walk away sad.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Mind if I have you give out more? You've been doing a great job, I'm so busy I just dump them into my messages like this:

Wohooa took the 2nd one can't wait to play Dust and hope Sales are going well for ya Noogy. And apologies that I'm so cheap lol.

Nabbed the first one, thank you soo much! Congrats on launching your game dude, hope it gets all the sales it deserves.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Awww I was watching that twitter account with the eye of a hawk rather than keep my attention focused on this thread like before.

I was stuck on the part where
you are being chased by the ghost of the house Master inside the Haunted Mansion
until I realized that
you had to slide under the pillar haha. It's kinda tricky to see that little spot with the lights flickering.

This whole level is very cool aesthetically. It's pretty clear what it is paying homage to.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I was the first one to @reply to the twitter account, but I don't think that'll count for much as he's gonna give them out randomly. Hope the game does well, are early leaderboard indications good so far?

Downloaded the trial..played for no more than 2 minutes and stopped. I gotta get this game..but I can't see that happening anytime soon. My girlfriends bday is tomorrow and whatever money I have will be used to spoil her.

In due time, I will purchase this game. No doubt about that. Maybe I'll get lucky and get one of the codes you guys are posting up but DAMN you guys are quick, lol.

C4Lukins

I love the game. Great job Noogy. I have enjoyed following the development all of these years. A very inspiring thing you did here.

Articalys

If you want really bad pizza call these guys:
Got the second code; thank you so much!

I remember when I saw the very first trailer for this years ago, way back when, and was agonizing over the fact that I never knew when I would get to play it, and now that day is finally here. Really looking forward to everything the game has to offer. I'll definitely be badgering some of my friends who have never heard of Dust to pick up a copy in my stead. Thanks again!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
When I pasted the codes the entry field didn't clear completely so I had to ctrl A + delete it twice. Valuable seconds wasted.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Noogy, I haven't been this impressed with a game, not just an XBLA game, but any game in quite a while. And that is before even thinking about the fact that you did most of this on your own.

I'm only in Chapter 1 still, but I've been messing around with the abilities I've had so far, and getting XP and items, and the combat engine is pretty slick so far, with so few things unlocked.

I haven't found the character portraits that blocky whatsoever, but i never have aliasing problems regardless with my HD CRT monitor, which I use specifically to avoid that problem plus everything is vibrant and sharp in all of my games - it may probably show up more on people's TV's that are already rough on the edges, but no problems here.

No slowdowns at all yet either, and the quality of the voice acting was great - I don't get the complaints at all, especially given the light-hearted tone you've set for the game.

HyperDuck, I've really, really been enjoying the music so far, sets a great tone for the game as well.

So impressed really, and the game has Metroidvania elements, sidequests and challenges, and who knows what else. I know that I still have plenty more to do.

Bravo.

Noogy, Toys, thank you so much for the code. Spent most of this evening on the game, and its utterly stunning. Definitely going to have to hone up my parry skills though, keep getting one-shotted by the blob/jelly/slime things.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
You've been banned for so long, at the very least accept this.

CRJ4J-FRRF9-QK4K9-4JW3Q-TTK3Z

Edit: Doh, that was supposed to be a PM hah.. check your PM Wario.

i'll take his pm code, lol

Noogy, I haven't been this impressed with a game, not just an XBLA game, but any game in quite a while.

I can echo this sentiment just from the demo. Games that truly impress and excite me seem to get fewer and fewer lately... I don't know why, I think it's because of a lot of various reasons that conflict with my personal needs/wants from gaming, but this feels like an actual videogame, no strings attached, no boring tutorials or long winded conversations, just pure game.

But one of the best things about the game from what I played is that it doesn't try to be "funny" in that horrible kind of way that say Deathspank and some other indie games try to be, where the humor falls flat because it's just trying so hard. The writing here feels more natural and instead of trying to make the player laugh, it tries to make the player smirk in a harmless kind of way. I have to appreciate that.

disclaimer: I liked Deathspank

Noogy

I can echo this sentiment just from the demo. Games that truly impress and excite me seem to get fewer and fewer lately... I don't know why, I think it's because of a lot of various reasons that conflict with my personal needs/wants from gaming, but this feels like an actual videogame, no strings attached, no boring tutorials or long winded conversations, just pure game.

But one of the best things about the game from what I played is that it doesn't try to be "funny" in that horrible kind of way that say Deathspank and some other indie games try to be, where the humor falls flat because it's just trying so hard. The writing here feels more natural and instead of trying to make the player laugh, it tries to make the player smirk in a harmless kind of way. I have to appreciate that.

disclaimer: I liked Deathspank

Thank you, honestly that first paragraph sort of echoes how I feel these days as well. I just like video games. And I don't get that sense of 'magic' as often these days.

Speaking of magic, look what fell out of my ear:

9QP3W-4WW4F-P3CFF-XFWFF-DC7YZ
39R9T-WYK3K-632DJ-HJM9W-HRFRZ
F9QCV-4WCKW-V9R4G-7HC6M-THK6Z

SirKhalid

Thank you, honestly that first paragraph sort of echoes how I feel these days as well. I just like video games. And I don't get that sense of 'magic' as often these days.

Thanks, got the first one!

Thank you!!! I took the 3rd one! OMGGG lol. Jesus..I never refreshed a page so much before

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Noogy, you're going to end up giving this game away for free to everyone aren't you? lol

Top Bottom