• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail |OT| Become the Storm

I should make y'all sing for them =P
tumblr_m8nktszGff1qmmpea.gif

Card Boy

Banned
just random draw all the codes. Not sure what first come first serverd really does. Noone wants to buy the game because they are waiting for codes from you toy lol.

Nelo Ice

Banned

I say hide the codes in previous posts or in the OP. For maximum cruelty scramble the lines so people have to paste in the correct order :p. It is so nice winning a code.

edit:
Or have a link to each line of a code hidden through your posts!

HyperHip

So for those who have been playing, does this game resemble a metroidvania? Or is it more reminiscent of something like Muramasa?

Ocaso

Metroid avatar eh?

TO GOOGLE!

Ha, ha! That was quick!

So for those who have been playing, does this game resemble a metroidvania? Or is it more reminiscent of something like Muramasa?

I asked that same question many pages ago. Haven't played Muramasa, but based on the demo, the description in the OP about the combat and RPG elements seem right on the money, so I assume the Metroidvania descriptor is on the money as well. At least one part of the demo suggests this strongly, but obviously it's too brief for me to see.

Yeah. I didn't realize the guy making this was on gaf. Would've been impressive for an experienced team, but for one guy it's marvelous. Hell, the animation is some of the best I've seen in a game. Small complaint I've had about vanillaware games is how weightless the animation can look. Dust has the heft that makes it looks like you're controlling a cartoon.

Card Boy

Banned
This.

Also people saying how they don't have points/money. The fuck is wrong with you guys?

Some of us actually order our points online don't trust giving MS our Credit cards. I have just over 900 points and it will take probably another week for my points to arrive. Also blame toy for not raffling them off in one giant draw instead of us.

Some of us actually order our points online don't trust giving MS our Credit cards. I have just over 900 points and it will take probably another week for my points to arrive. Also blame toy for not raffling them off in one giant draw instead of us.

Order online game codes from Amazon or some place like that. Or is that a North American only thing?

Ocaso

Microsoft does allow you to use Paypal. You have to buy the points on a PC, however, making it slightly less convenient, but not as inconvenient as waiting for cards to arrive via snail mail.

branny

I liked the demo way more than anything I played of Muramasa. I'm sadly going to pass on the full game for now, though, due to a few things that became problematic after testing stuff out on Hardcore. Most of my issues are just personal preferences, so no hard feelings or anything. I'll wait for more people to finish the game to see if some of my combat quibbles are eventually addressed.

Card Boy

Banned
That's why I said "some other place like that". There's really no place for Euros/Aussies/whoever to buy online game codes?

That is if i want to pay more than i should. I got a deal on 4000 points for like $60, which is very cheap by Australian standards. 3000 points alone costs $60 on average.

There is if i want to pay more than i should. I got a deal on 4000 points for like $60, which is very cheap by Australian standards. 3000 points alone costs $60 on average.

Should stock up then. Whenever a deal like that comes along I buy like $100 or so worth

Ocaso

Order of Ecclesia is probably the best reference ... World map, regions that are metroidvania'ish.

Awww, can't help but be a bit disappointed this isn't a full Metroidvania. It's been far, far too long since I've sunk my teeth into one. Still planning to give the game a full playthrough, though.

This game is getting better and better, I just wish I had more than one or two hours a night to play it (before the weekend, natch).

I love the self-aware dialogue, by the way.

Awww, can't help but be a bit disappointed this isn't a full Metroidvania. It's been far, far too long since I've sunk my teeth into one. Still planning to give the game a full playthrough, though.
It's the same thing.
It's like walking through a door with corridor in SotN for another area of the castle, but now you load from a map.

Ocaso

It's the same thing.
It's like walking through a door with corridor in SotN for another area of the castle, but now you load from a map.

Maybe I misunderstood Noogy. I haven't played Order of Ecclesia, but having an interconnected map isn't what makes a Metroidvania, it's having to figure out where to go on said map after getting a new ability.

toythatkills said:
What if instead we confess about how this is one of our most anticipated games of the year and that we've been cutting every corner possible in order to save up for $15 of gaming greatness on the strictest of budgets?

The world map is like loading rooms in SotN / Key rooms where you warp around the castle, that's all the map is. Every area has multiple places you can not reach without set skills and some areas you have to return to as you play and do quests.

Been working and just got home at 1am, will have to resume play in the morning as I am tired :( great game is great.

I can't believe I got this game free. Soooo goood and well worth the $15. Noogy I hope the leaderboard # continues to go up!

As cool as free codes are it's a shame so many people here are not paying noogy to play this game, he really does deserve that hard earned cash.

People in this thread from this morning still claiming free codes when they could have paid, you should all feel slightly ashamed! :p

Ocaso

The world map is like loading rooms in SotN / Key rooms where you warp around the castle, that's all the map is. Every area has multiple places you can not reach without set skills and some areas you have to return to as you play and do quests.

Been working and just got home at 1am, will have to resume play in the morning as I am tired :( great game is great.

Ah, sounds about right, then! Awesome!

What if instead we confess about how this is one of our most anticipated games of the year and that we've been cutting every corner possible in order to save up for $15 of gaming greatness on the strictest of budgets?

I suppose I could post a few more codes in that case =P

I'm going to bed now, BUY DUST! And if you got a code, buy avatar gear!

Lima

Played this for 10 hours straight now. I forced myself to stop now because I want go to gamescom today and have to get up early for that.

Noogy you have PayPal? 15$ doesn't seem right for this game. I want to give you more.

Top Bottom