• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail |OT| Become the Storm

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Actually as far as Metroidvania references go, Dust is structured much like Order of Ecclesia - an actual world map with locations you select to enter but within each area is a non-linear metroidvania map to explore, and sometimes return to with new abilities to discover secrets.

ProfNut

Just a dumb question - if I play the trial and then buy the full game, do I have to restart a game? I'm at work so I can't really try it...

Best $15 I spent on a game. For those of you that got codes, hope you can send Noogy some financial love with some avatar stuff when you guys can... you know you want to ;). Rarely does a GAF member publish a game, let alone an awesome game.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Noogy you have PayPal? 15$ doesn't seem right for this game. I want to give you more.

Buy and wear the avatar items for the games then, and also the gamerpics. Great ways to show extra support for the game:)

Man, I typed a big ole breakdown about what I like in the game, and the thread just zooms on with free code convos :/ Fun to see all the spoilerific stuff people are picing up on though, haha. Even though I don't really wanna read a lot about those things, until bumping into them myself...

I just noticed that sort of easter egg of the map screen
via looking up
really cool that you added stuff like that in noogy it really brings charm to the game, so many modern titles now just don't have that kind of stuff and it sucks.

Best $15 I spent on a game. For those of you that got codes, hope you can send Noogy some financial love with some avatar stuff when you guys can... you know you want to ;). Rarely does a GAF member publish a game, let alone an awesome game.

Did my part. Just used the last of my leftover points to buy Fidget.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Alright bought the game, no more bitching about missing codes from me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
How much is Microsoft getting from that money though? I want to support Noogy, not them.

You'd be providing him money and advertising all rolled into one; promoting Dust to everyone who looks at you live for years to come can be even more valuable than direct money.

Or even buying points cards for friends, basically gifting them the game.

Just good options to keep in mind.

I played the trial and it was good. Don't know what to say that hasn't already been said in this thread but good job and hope you are financially successful beyond your dreams. You already succeeded in what most of us dream about by making your own game and not just a game but a well made one at that.

Shady859

Bought it, LOVE IT!!!! Beautiful game and fun platformer! Support um and let's get Dustier, Dust 2!

I'm 12% in after about 1.5 hours. Little behind schedule as I found a nice grinding spot and did a bit of ranking up.

Highest combo is only in the 700's so far.

Hey Noogy, I really want to say that even though I have barely scratched the surface on finding all of the Friends in the game, I love what you did with their implementation in the game.

The 8-bit Fez level was a nice surprise.

Holy crap, I purchased this straight up/no demo beforehand going just by the recommendations of everyone here and I am completely blown away, and I only just got to
Abadis Forest!

Noogy, you are my personal hero right now.

Christ, I am enchanted by this game.

I've been sitting at the world map screen and letting the music play for the last 30 minutes while I play on the internet. So good.

Noogy

Just a dumb question - if I play the trial and then buy the full game, do I have to restart a game? I'm at work so I can't really try it...

Yes, you'll have to start over. It was thought having a unique trial was best, since the normal game ramps up slowly. The trial admittedly doesn't show off a lot of the more RPG/Exploration stuff, but you get little hints.

The trial won't really ruin the story though, so try it out if you are on the fence.

Zabka

Congratulations Noogy, the game is fantastic. It feels like it came from an alternate reality where the Sega CD was successful.

Kokonoe

Banned
Just got finished playing the demo and I like it. The dialogue I tend to skip, but it's really fluid and fun. It's like Castlevania meets Devil May Cry.

Got home from work and played about an hour and a half. This will probably be my last post in this thread until I finish the game - which at my current rate combined with my work schedule puts this at sometime next month, but I just had to come in and say:

Noogy, Dean, Senor Dodrill... This. Is. Wonderful. You are my new hero. Enjoy every ounce of the acclaim I am certain you will receive for this. This is taking me back in ways I don't get too often these days.

Until I come back with final thoughts, Peace.

Cheddahz

Banned
11K on the leaderboards after half a day. Impressive Noogy.

Can we have multiple saves in case my brother wants to play?

He could just create a separate profile to play it (which is the best thing to do, so you don't have to worry about him saving over your file or you saving over your file)

Noogy

11K on the leaderboards after half a day. Impressive Noogy.

Can we have multiple saves in case my brother wants to play?

Yeah, you can do that, just note that there is only one autosave. So before you hand off to eachother, just do a manual save.

Of course you could also play with different profiles. Please note that there is a known issue with switching profiles midgame in relation to earning stats/rewards. Safest bet is to quit to the main menu each time.

Noogy, just wanted to let you know I really appreciate the ridiculous work you put into this game. I haven't had this much fun playing a game in a long time. I will be spreading the word to everyone I can to buy and play this, because it really is amazing.

Awesome work!

Noogy

Noogy, just wanted to let you know I really appreciate the ridiculous work you put into this game. I haven't had this much fun playing a game in a long time. I will be spreading the word to everyone I can to buy and play this, because it really is amazing.

Awesome work!

Thank you, I really appreciate it :) As I said before, just knowing other gamers are enjoying it has been incredibly satisfying!

Saw some of the quicklook and it definitely has its moments, i really loathe the soulless closeups during conversations, but the level of effort put into crafting the actual gameplay is evident.

I need to hurry up and finish my Skyrim playthrough so I can focus on this game. I'm a bit slow with platformers but I'm loving the buzz and I have to show my support for this guy.

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah, you can do that, just note that there is only one autosave. So before you hand off to eachother, just do a manual save.

Of course you could also play with different profiles. Please note that there is a known issue with switching profiles midgame in relation to earning stats/rewards. Safest bet is to quit to the main menu each time.

Actually i though of a better idea. My Xbox 360 is a 4gig with a 320gig HDD, i assume i can save on one HDD and but brother can use the 4gig HDD?

Ban Puncher

Drove to my brother's house last night, put him in a headlock and wouldn't let him go until he bought a copy of Dust. His wife called us jerks and then made cupcakes for everyone.

Dust party! Woo!

Man, it is hard to stop playing this game. That's great game design.

Kinda mad that I have to go to bed and work long hours tomorrow. Oh well, Dust will be there for me when I get home.

dominuece

I remember when I first saw this game in a thread of upcoming XBLA titles. It was my most anticipated game on that list of like 100 games. It was worth the wait and lives up to expectations! Noogy, you're the man!

That's a new one on me, really odd. Is it literally when you press A to confirm to overwrite? Or before that? Storage device wouldn't happen to be full would it?

I believe it's when I go to confirm(pretty much as soon as I hit A). The game just goes black and then I'm back at the XBL main menu.

Not sure what else I can say. Hmm. Well I wasn't connected to XBL at the time.

Top Bottom