• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail |OT| Become the Storm

zulux21

I really don't get how the person who has over 2 billion on their combo did it... to boot they have over 2 billion enemies killed as well, but I couldn't find them in the top 100 of play time o_O;

I have to assume they used
the enemies that spawn more zombies
but even then I don't know if there has even been enough time for those guys to spawn 2 billion enemies lol

I really don't get how the person who has over 2 billion on their combo did it... to boot they have over 2 billion enemies killed as well, but I couldn't find them in the top 100 of play time o_O;

I have to assume they used
the enemies that spawn more zombies
but even then I don't know if there has even been enough time for those guys to spawn 2 billion enemies lol

Hacked, surely?

Zomba13

Hacked, surely?

Yeah has to be hacked somehow. Even if you could kill them in one hit of the aerial dust storm and you never got red then you'd still be there hours while the necromancers spawn more. 2 Billion is a huge number.

If it was gotten legit they must have spent hours just doing that.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Best worst:
1. Super Sheetwafter Supreme
2. Indignant Incineration
3. Blitzkrieg Bonanza

Noogy

And we have our winners! I'll PM each of you, if you already have a copy, share!

Best of the Best:
1. Sticky White Stuff (WickedLahari) You appealed to my love for Demons' Souls
2. Flaming Fount (Nils) I think this sounds awesome
3. Boltning (GodfatherX) Absolute Genius

And so bad they're good:
1. Sorcerous Globs of Annoyance (GarthVaderUK) I'm sure they piss off the monsters
2. Fidget BBQ (Ledsen) So simple but so good
3. No Fidget, don't stick your face in the plug socket (Zomba13) I don't even....

Congrats everyone!

Zomba13

:O Thanks!

I already have the game and just entered for fun but am checking if any of my friends are interested in the game. If they aren't (because they might have brain damage or something) then I'll give it away here.

Ledsen

Can't believe I won! Already answered your PM Noogy, but I'll take the opportunity to say THANK YOU in the thread as well. Currently installing the game and will start playing it tomorrow :)

The only bad thing I have to say about combat is that the aerial dust storm move (with Fidget magic) seems to make up most of the battles, with the occasional stunlock for the big guys.

It's basically just Dust zooming around in the air left and right.

That's one way to do it. The truth is that the combat is pretty easy, even on tough difficulty, so I'm trying not to be too worried about what the optimal or safest way to get through the combat is. It's more Dvil May Cry than Ninja Gaiden - your goal isn't to master the combat system but to dispatch enemies in the most stylish and fun way possible.

I do think the game would have been better with about half as many enemies, though... and a slower respawn time so I don't have to fight everything again after accidentally going to another screen.

My favorite area so far is definitely Archer's Pass. All the secrets are hidden really well
loved the "leap of faith" in particular
, the music is great, and I love the art design, particularly all the statues.

I knew I should've gone with the Towering Inferno for the fire move, curse my love for alliteration, this is all Rare's fault with their various platformers, they set me on this path many moons ago!

Noogy

I knew I should've gone with the Towering Inferno for the fire move, curse my love for alliteration, this is all Rare's fault with their various platformers, they set me on this path many moons ago!

To be fair, Binding Bolt came in REALLY close, so I'll PM you a code just 'cuz.

I tried forever to get there, too.
Archer's Pass, right? I got spoiled on the existence of double jump, though, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get it once I have the double jump.

Oh wait,
I found out how to do the one near the peak. You've gotta do the flying dust storm attack up to the exploding enemies. You'll get damaged, but Dust's upward momentum should allow you to get up to a slide point, which you can go past for for 3 keys

Oh wait,
I found out how to do the one near the peak. You've gotta do the flying dust storm attack up to the exploding enemies. You'll get damaged, but Dust's upward momentum should allow you to get up to a slide point, which you can go past for for 3 keys

That's how I did it but I guess you can wait until you get more skills.

I wish I had the points to check out the full version, as the demo was a perfect appetizer. The combat and especially jumping feels oh so responsive. The kimbap put a giant smile on my wife's face. Don't know when I'll be grabbing it but I can't wait to dig in when I do. :3

Finished up tonight. Damn you Noogy
I got chills at the very end. Legit chills.
Props to your team for making that happen.
Having played through it I now love the character styles. Humans can be boring and predictable. I'd like to see more furry creatures in my games if they were given the great writing, animation and voice acting this game gave these characters.

I just bought this tonight and before jumping into the game I dug around in the menus for a bit. Holy smokes Noogy you loaded up the player with so many options. From color blind suppor, to being able to adjust your HUD size and position you truly thought of everything. I hope indie and AAA games follow your example and give the player the free reigns to tailor the game to their liking. Now on to start playing...

Shit, I want this game after watching the GB quick look. I hope it comes to other platforms. Obviously reminds me of Muramasa, one of my favorite games this gen.

Satchel

Banned
Ok game just kicked back to the dash again. This time crafting in Aurora.

Any ideas Noogy? I'm in the beta if that makes a difference.

aku:jiki

The only bad thing I have to say about combat is that the aerial dust storm move (with Fidget magic) seems to make up most of the battles, with the occasional stunlock for the big guys.

It's basically just Dust zooming around in the air left and right.
I never do that. My combat is all combos on the ground with dashes (RT/LT) back and forth to evade damage, and the occasional dust storm+magic to build up the combo. You're just taking the laziest way through battles, dude.

Noogy

Ok game just kicked back to the dash again. This time crafting in Aurora.

Any ideas Noogy? I'm in the beta if that makes a difference.

Hmm, small chance the beta affects HDD access speed. I'll need to test it further, but I've noted it for a future update.

Just finished it at 86% with around 12 hours on the clock, gonna go back and find everything I missed.

What a fantastic game, certainly lived up to my expectations.

Noogy! You're a star in my eyes *.*

Lima

Yeah has to be hacked somehow. Even if you could kill them in one hit of the aerial dust storm and you never got red then you'd still be there hours while the necromancers spawn more. 2 Billion is a huge number.

If it was gotten legit they must have spent hours just doing that.

Yeah because you can edit it in your gamesave. Same thing for the wealth leaderboard. You can hex edit the amount of money you have which is what some people do.

Dust has never crashed on me, i'm in the dashboard beta and on the 360 slim with HDD. The only 'problem' I get is the odd frame rate drop for a few seconds.

Anyone with crashes, are you on older xbox models? the really old xbox 360's have a slightly slower HDD read rate.

Dust has never crashed on me, i'm in the dashboard beta and on the 360 slim with HDD. The only 'problem' I get is the odd frame rate drop for a few seconds.

Anyone with crashes, are you on older xbox models? the really old xbox 360's have a slightly slower HDD read rate.

I had one crash myself and it's on the slim model, i'm feeling that it's just completely random.
Good thing the game has save points everywhere.

BKJest

I had one crash myself and it's on the slim model, i'm feeling that it's just completely random.
I also had exactly one crash playing on the slim model. The game crashed while dust storming through a group of enemies. But it's one crash I had in ~13 hours of playtime.

I posted once in here about my crashes but to elaborate on the two:

1. First time was a hard lock where it simply froze up completely. This was right after passing through a save point in the Cimmaron Caves. I recall the room has a save near the initial entrance from the top of the room and then you go downwards to the right and there's a really long corridor with three or so groups of little mouth guys. I believe down-left of them is one or two insectoid walker fellows. It wasn't my first time in the room, I was actually passing through in the other direction when it froze after hitting the save there.

2. Don't recall other location. I believe it was Sorrowing Meadow? It was after the hard lock. This was the "regular" black screen for ten seconds then drop to dashboard. I believe I was just zipping through the environment when it died on me.

Slim 250GB 360. Regular dashboard. No extra controllers or anything plugged into the 360. Hard drive has about 68GB left.

Heh, that's about all I could think of that might matter in some way?

Satchel

Banned

Halo Reach Slim in the dash Beta.

First dash reboot was dropping down the first major drop of Cirramon Caves. Second was crafting outside the vendor of Aurora, the fruit stand guy.

I was switching in and out very very quickly though. Maybe too quick?

Both times the game just faded to black, went back to the dash.

Ledsen

Had time to play for about 30 mins today, game is great so far :) Can't believe one person made all these beautiful graphics! Thanks you Noogy! Will play more when I get home next week.

Zomba13

Black slim 360. Dunno the HDD, whatever it was when it was new out (got it day one I think). Normal Dash (no beta or anything I don't think).

Not a single crash and some sessions I played for quite a few hours continuously.

Card Boy

Banned
ykeMq.png

and about 40000 on the leaderboards.

Top Bottom