• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dustborn sees disastrous launch on Steam

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
nWJLJ7p.jpeg

Just a small update on how GAF’s GotY front runner is doing. Who among you is one of the five?

winjer

Gold Member
Just this week, Mario Draghi released a report on why the EU lacks innovation and it's GPD is stagnant for over a decade.
Well, of course the Eu economy is stagnant. Our leaders continue to waste money on useless projects.
This game is the perfect example of wasting tax payer money on useless projects.

You could say the same about people being "angry every day" on gaming forums. It doesn't always work like that.

People have opinions, and many still have time left to live a relatively calm normal life.

And, it’s not exactly news that US politics have an impact on people's lives worldwide. Thus US politics is a common topic everywhere.
Bingo. My family in Italy and Croatia pay a lot of attention to American politics, as do many of their friends and acquaintances. America is so big and powerful that it's politics, economy, pop culture, and really everything affects the entire world.

When people call the US President "the leader of the free world", that's not really an exaggeration.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Just this week, Mario Draghi released a report on why the EU lacks innovation and it's GPD is stagnant for over a decade.
Well, of course the Eu economy is stagnant. Our leaders continue to waste money on useless projects.
This game is the perfect example of wasting tax payer money on useless projects.

It's quite literally the case of a whole economic bloc going woke and going broke.

winjer

Gold Member
It's quite literally the case of a whole economic bloc going woke and going broke.

It's not just the woke thing.
Remember Uwe Boll. He made shit movies for one or two decades.
And few of his movies made a profit. But because those movies were subsidized by the German government, he was able to keep financing them.
But in the end, the tax payer was just losing money. Germany didn't get a return on investment.
And neither did the EU or the Norwegian Tax payer, from Dustborn.
Mind you, in the billions of the EU budget, these projects are a drop in the ocean. But they are still a waste of money.
And they are the perfect example of how the Eu wastes money of useless projects that have no return for the EU economy.

YCoCg

It's not just the woke thing.
Remember Uwe Boll. He made shit movies for one or two decades.
And few of his movies made a profit. But because those movies were subsidized by the German government, he was able to keep financing them.
But in the end, the tax payer was just losing money. Germany didn't get a return on investment.
And neither did the EU or the Norwegian Tax payer, from Dustborn.
Mind you, in the billions of the EU budget, these projects are a drop in the ocean. But they are still a waste of money.
And they are the perfect example of how the Eu wastes money of useless projects that have no return for the EU economy.
Don't worry, good projects by small studios get money too, Rockstar North claims multiple millions to help fund GTA for example! And they don't have to pay tax!

xanaum

Neo Member
Well, like Tarantino once said...

"...Ideology trumps art. Ideology trumps individual effort. Ideology trumps good. Ideology trumps entertaining"

Duchess

But people are getting lazy. They need to do their own research before making that claim.
To be fair, I did have a find a full game video, and seek through it until I found the relevant segments.

I suspect most didn't want to do that, in case they suffered the same number of seizures I did during the process :)

CliffBronger

Neo Member
Does anyone know what this woke thing is really about ?

It just seems so bizarre, almost like we have all been teleported to clown world without realizing it.

That doesn't really even make sense, because liberals are center-right in European politics. Only in America does "liberal" mean left.

Yes, Sweden and Norway are pretty liberal. But super leftist? I don't know about that, we (Sweden) currently have our most right-leaning government probably ever. Of course, that's still pretty left compared to the American hard right, that barely exists here. So in that sense I guess you're right.
Our hard right and hard left are complete fucking idiots and it’s hard to find well-centered people when it comes to politics because we treat everything as if it were a team. Then we end up justifying why that team is so great with topics that have been around for decades, such as borders, abortion, religion and we’ve succumbed to the point that even our presidential candidates just argue and lie right to peoples faces with obviously false statements and consider that “telling it how it is”. American politics are a charade.

RavageX

Our hard right and hard left are complete fucking idiots and it’s hard to find well-centered people when it comes to politics because we treat everything as if it were a team. Then we end up justifying why that team is so great with topics that have been around for decades, such as borders, abortion, religion and we’ve succumbed to the point that even our presidential candidates just argue and lie right to peoples faces with obviously false statements and consider that “telling it how it is”. American politics are a charade.
Very true. Most are happy with the political game too it seems. Lots of ranting and raving but not actually changing anything.

Very true. Most are happy with the political game too it seems. Lots of ranting and raving but not actually changing anything.
I know we are getting a little too political for this forum. But you are correct. A lot of degenerate Americans love to argue and conflict will always get more attention than if politics were "boring" like they should be. The movie, Idiocracy, is a very accurate representation as to where we are heading. Even the massive Costco in the movie isn't that far off from the massive Amazon warehouses they are building. That's the last I'll comment on this for forum rule reasons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom