• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dustborn sees disastrous launch on Steam

Sgt.Asher

ZBJl6YP.jpeg

Dustborn is really stealing the show at TGS
We need someone to ask the booth attendant if Dustborn is satire.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
That doesn't really even make sense, because liberals are center-right in European politics. Only in America does "liberal" mean left.

Yes, Sweden and Norway are pretty liberal. But super leftist? I don't know about that, we (Sweden) currently have our most right-leaning government probably ever. Of course, that's still pretty left compared to the American hard right, that barely exists here. So in that sense I guess you're right.
I think Scandinavians trying to get their head around American political perspectives is more or less how we arrived at this debacle. 😂

There is a way to do this sort of thing right. Thirsty Suitors did well and has a ton of fans, because it comes from an actual genuine perspective. It's a game that is earnest and personal. I think Dustborn's most unforgivable crime here is poserdom.

Sgt.Asher

Imagine all that effort, for absolutely nothing.

You could have made a game called ‘Dildo’. Free to play. You just start it up and can use the controller or mouse to waggle the dildo around on screen.

You could even have a ‘dildo pass’ and give people new dildo skins for the amount of time spent waggling. Even monitize it.

That would make far more money.
Genital Jousting had an all-time peak of 610 concurrent players on 21 March 2020. https://steamdb.info/app/469820/charts/

LMJ

I am glad these activists and progressives got to make the game they wanted to make, but is the old saying goes...

If there is a market for it people will buy and well we saw how that turned out LOL

However that being said I would much rather they make something of their own and have a chance of success then corrupt an existing franchise or degrade existing characters like modern writers oh so love to do.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Looking at that pic more closely I bet that guy is a Red Thread employee. He’s playing the game but standing off to the side so people can get a view of the game. And he’s a white dude.

GymWolf

It's hard to see what's on the table, but can anyone even try a demo of it? I think those are two slim/flat keyboards? I dont see a mouse. So 3 people are suppose to sit on bar chairs and stare at the screen?
I think people would prefer to bash their balls with a spiked bat and then swim in open sea surrounded by tiger sharks with 2 bleeding paper cut on their nipples before trying the demo.

Top Bottom