• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyad (PSN) |OT| - Psychedelic Sensory Overload

Arcteryx

2 mins in: this game is great. It has an actually well designed color calibration!

I wish more devs would take the time to implement things like this(instead of half-assed "sliders" that just modify contrast).

Ok, no demo confirmed, at least not this week while the PS+ discount is active.

Sorry Shawn, this will have probably cost you at least 1 sale. :\

Pretty interested in this, hope it gets discounted for PS+ in EU too when it comes out.

I would also love/buy a Vita version *winkwink*

Cyberia

There's a lot happening in Dyad – enough so that onlookers may question whether you're controlling it at all – but in all its visual and aural splendor lies a simple, stimulating experience that's difficult to put down. Dyad manages to create a beautiful synthesis of music, visual design and gameplay mechanics, and it does so without missing a beat.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/17/dyad-review/

4.5/5

Also a interview/playthrough with Shawn and the composer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn1R2RVLcqQ&feature=g-all-u

These guys are so high lol.

EGM92

I just bought this, been looking forward to it after watching the trailer.

I don't... I... my head hurts lol the game is great but it just throws you into some levels and it's a pain but I keep retrying so that's saying something.

Anyone know how the "race" levels work exactly? What do I have to do to get lower times?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I just bought this, been looking forward to it after watching the trailer.

I don't... I... my head hurts lol the game is great but it just throws you into some levels and it's a pain but I keep retrying so that's saying something.

Anyone know how the "race" levels work exactly? What do I have to do to get lower times?

Usually focusing on the last gameplay mechanic introduced will help you lower your time in the following stages. For the first couple of stages all you have to worry about is performing pairs and avoiding collisions. Once you start blasting through I find it easier to just focus on avoiding collisions and then just mash the X button and hope you get lucky.

So there's no demo for Dyad? Not cool. Was really looking forward to this and will likely still pick it up based on reviews but I'm kind of puzzled why this sort of thing still happens with a high profile PSN game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I thought that was remarkable, too. Also, here's a video that's sure to annoy a lot of people starring Tim Rogers. I don't go to PS Blog too often but, wow those comments.

Yep, that's a Tim Rogers video. Also, lol at the Platinum trophy part. That's probably what my reaction looks like

I'm just getting worse at Steam Engine Time. Can't break 4:00.

Kenshin001 said:
So there's no demo for Dyad? Not cool. Was really looking forward to this and will likely still pick it up based on reviews but I'm kind of puzzled why this sort of thing still happens with a high profile PSN game.

There would appear to be no reason for the lack of a demo either. When you buy it, you download the demo and unlock.

Did you download the unlock key? It should be in your download list.

I just checked and Shawn said on twitter there is no demo. Haven't bought the game yet because after being burnt I very rarely buy PSN games unless there's a demo. I like supporting indie games but it's kind of taking the piss to expect a sale if there's no try before buy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Assuming this thread drops away in the next few weeks, hopefully someone will bump it when the European date rolls around (whenever that is). I don't think I have enough credit on the US PSN anymore and don't want the pain of best buy online again (took a couple of days and a phone call to get my code)

Killthee

I just checked and Shawn said on twitter there is no demo. Haven't bought the game yet because after being burnt I very rarely buy PSN games unless there's a demo. I like supporting indie games but it's kind of taking the piss to expect a sale if there's no try before buy.
Meant to quote the guy above you, my bad.

The game is packaged as a demo+unlock key though. The demo isn't listed on the PSN Store and the only way to download it is to purchase the full game. No idea why they keep releasing PSN games like this if the demo's are already up on the store.

omggg

dyadezjry.jpg

robot

Intentionally delaying the demo is weird. I don't know what their strategy is but whatever

drumming up hype and getting people to impulse purchase without the ability to demo it. shitty thing to do but not surprised to be honest.

Killthee

I'm just getting worse at Steam Engine Time. Can't break 4:00.
One thing that took me a while to sink in is to not focus so much on getting correctly colored pairs and to instead focus on maintaining high speeds by lancing often, doing 360's when doing super high speed lances, and even mashing the X button at times. Another thing that helped improve my times was to stop stockpiling lances and instead use them at the first opportune moment. If you time a lance right before a line of enemies you'll usually come out of the lance with a fully charged lance ready to go which should propel you forward to your next lance and so on. The only time you should be saving lances is at the end of a sector that continues on to another sector. If you have a lance at the start of a sector it'll minimize the speed reset that occurs at the beginning of each sector.

So the "gamefile" on the store is called "Dyad Demo" but it's not a demo?
The game file is the demo, but it's not listed for people who haven't purchased the game for some reason.

drumming up hype and getting people to impulse purchase without the ability to demo it. shitty thing to do but not surprised to be honest.
Most likely. Didn't Rainbow Moon also release like that recently. I'm wondering if maybe SCE's research has shown more sales occur when demo's are delayed.

Top Bottom