• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyad (PSN) |OT| - Psychedelic Sensory Overload

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
I know I said I was answering page 3... I still am, shit's CRAZY busy. I'll get to it tomorrow, sorry everyone.

Have a code in the meantime: 4AGN-PRN4-N33H

Misguided

Banned
Trophy 24 is making me depressed, I'm gonna resort to mashing X and hoping for the best

The level feels so damn random

I'm kinda gonna have to agree with you with regards to not just level (haven't made it there), but other levels too. It feels sometimes like there is a great deal of luck in whether or not you make it to the end, and that luck stems from the game's speed making the experience feel unmanageable. You could say, "Well just slow down a little," but you're timed in a lot of the levels so it is pretty important to maintain a high speed throughout.

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
All empirical evidence shows they aren't luck based. If they were then I wouldn't be able to easily do 24 of the 26 trophies 100% of the, and do the other 2 trophies every 4 out 5 times.

If you feel they're luck based it's because you don't understand the system well enough... keep playing, and keep an open mind, look everywhere for information. I had someone email me telling me level 9 was too difficult. It just depends on if you're able to get your mind in the correct state for the particular level. The trophy levels especially need this, you have to think about them from a lot of angles and figure out what advantages you can take... they aren't easy, but they aren't random.

Cyberia

Few console games in recent years are as special as Dyad. It can captivate with its beautiful synthesis of visuals and audio while delivering a gameplay experience that grabs hold of you and simply won’t let go. Drawing on decades of iconic gaming influences, Dyad takes some classic ideas and uses them to produce something truly original, something that deserves to be played and loved for years to come.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/07/14/dyad-is-a-treat-for-the-senses-review/

87/100

Zia

I just read that review, and it was well-written, at least in comparison to the IGN thing, but his bullet points and scoring had me a little confused as well.

Torillian

Neo Member
I'll contribute my own review for poops and whatnot.

http://www.gamrreview.com/review/89141/dyad/

gave it an 8.6 out of 10

Love the trophies, that's really how every game should be, trophies shouldn't just give you a random reward for the stuff you were going to do anyway.

Thank you very much for the review code, Shawn and I wish you the best for your launch.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Thank god, I'm pretty sure I spent at least 4-5 hours on trophy 24

s4frl.jpg

Fun game except for that damn level!

Barryman

Is it true that your score on the leaderboard is your most recent score, not your best score? I got a #7 on a leaderboard, replayed the level and was back in the 40s.

And Shawn, thanks for your reply on SDTVs! Sorry for not responding earlier, I was on vacation for a couple of days. Most of the text is legible on SDTV but not the leaderboard names or the level-specific instructions (at least not on mine). The tutorial and menu text is fine though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is it true that your score on the leaderboard is your most recent score, not your best score? I got a #7 on a leaderboard, replayed the level and was back in the 40s.

I think you might be right, I dunno, I swear one time my best score was over-ridden with my recent score when I checked the leaderboards after a level, but I wasn't too sure. Also, one of the trophy leaderboards doesn't submit your score. I forget which one but you can tell since there should be 2 of us Platinum dudes on every leaderboard, lol

Edit: Trophy 15 is the one with the leaderboard bug. If you can post my speed of 63 m/s, that would be great, lol

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
There are few games that have given me that euphoric feeling when the visual and audio come together as one. I am hoping this will be another I get to experience on that level.

NJShadow

Wasn't sure if I was going to, but I think I'm gonna take a Platinum run at this. Just snagged the 'Danger' trophy and it's a LOT easier than you think. There is a trick. ;)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wasn't sure if I was going to, but I think I'm gonna take a Platinum run at this. Just snagged the 'Danger' trophy and it's a LOT easier than you think. There is a trick. ;)

Some levels are easy, some are tough. A few of them I did in 1 try, others took hours

I didn't find Danger to be tough to beat

Anyway, good luck. Waiting to see what the trophy guide is like cause I still don't know how to beat 24 even though I did it, lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Does it compare to something like Wipeout in terms of speed and difficulty?

Kind of, the goals for some of the levels are kinda insane. Like, you have to be near perfect and even then you just barely met the goals of the level. The objectives are pretty varied so you're not racing against time on every level, which is very refreshing. And it constantly throws in new elements as you go further into the game

sarcoa

Speaking of leaderboard bugs, have you guys ever completed a stage and then seen someone else's highlighted name next to your high score? I'm not sure if it's just a random information glitch or actually assigning your high score to someone else.

NJShadow

Speaking of leaderboard bugs, have you guys ever completed a stage and then seen someone else's highlighted name next to your high score? I'm not sure if it's just a random information glitch or actually assigning your high score to someone else.

This JUST happened with me. I was ranked #3 in a stage, but Wario64 (I beat him by a few tenths of a second) was showing where my name should have. I dunno...

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
Re: Leaderboard bugs.

They're just temporary. Your correct score will show up with in 10-15 minutes.. don't panic! Even if there's someone else name beside it or your rank is all fuckery it'll work itself out, it's just a display error for the estimated score... Except level 15 trophy leaderboards. They straight up don't work, (apparently, I haven't been able to access them on account of being on the road, but based on what people are saying they don't work). Also it will always take your best score, even if it tells you otherwise at first, again just wait 10-15 minutes and it will fix itself... sorry about that =(

I will get everything fixed soon, but for now there's nothing to worry about if your score's wrong when you first submit it.

Dyad is not a pure racing game, but sometimes I aimed for speed. It’s not quite a rhythm game, but the steady beat and ethereal enemy sound effects influenced my pace. Dyad falls into a genre gray zone that makes it hard to define. Playing for long stretches feels like sensory over-indulgence, which could be good or bad depending on your sensitivity. No matter how busy the onscreen action becomes, Dyad is consistently entertaining and rarely frustrating.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d...a-hypnotic-adventure-worth-the-eyestrain.aspx

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Re: Leaderboard bugs.

They're just temporary. Your correct score will show up with in 10-15 minutes.. don't panic! Even if there's someone else name beside it or your rank is all fuckery it'll work itself out, it's just a display error for the estimated score... Except level 15 trophy leaderboards. They straight up don't work, (apparently, I haven't been able to access them on account of being on the road, but based on what people are saying they don't work). Also it will always take your best score, even if it tells you otherwise at first, again just wait 10-15 minutes and it will fix itself... sorry about that =(

I will get everything fixed soon, but for now there's nothing to worry about if your score's wrong when you first submit it.

Pretty weird bug, I got 1st place on the first level with 40-41, tried again and scored 40 then it placed me in rank #22 with a score of 12, lol wut? I'm guessing it'll fix it self but it's showing me at that score now, weird

Gowans

Super gutted I can't play this in the UK.

Been following it for a while.

Hey ho, the hoops to buy on my US account will be crazy too :(

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
HURRY UP YOU SILLY PLAYSTATION STORE YOU.

Btw, the new Dyad ad *JUST* came in by Tim Rogers, director of Actionbutton Entertainment.

It's going live soon.

Thanks for the love in here. I know I didn't get to all the questions, I will answer them soon... I was wayyyyy busier than I expected, and I expected to be really busy. I'm flying to New York soon for a day, then back to Toronto where I can relax and respond better to questions while finishing up the EU version.

SmokyDave

How the hell has this slipped under my radar?!

I need this as soon as I get home.

Edit: Bollocks, apparently not. Thought it was out :(

Samus4145

HURRY UP YOU SILLY PLAYSTATION STORE YOU.

Btw, the new Dyad ad *JUST* came in by Tim Rogers, director of Actionbutton Entertainment.

It's going live soon.

Thanks for the love in here. I know I didn't get to all the questions, I will answer them soon... I was wayyyyy busier than I expected, and I expected to be really busy. I'm flying to New York soon for a day, then back to Toronto where I can relax and respond better to questions while finishing up the EU version.

NY? Where about? Love to buy you a drink. Game is insane. Review should be up soon.

Top Bottom