• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyad (PSN) |OT| - Psychedelic Sensory Overload

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
does anyone else find the trophy challenges really hard? or do I just suck at this game?

nxkih3.jpg.gif

ultron87

Played the first set of levels. Pretty fun.

I am going to enjoy being able to easily make the top 200 on a game's leaderboard for as long as possible before more people start playing.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What's everybody using - D-Pad or analog stick?

I prefer the stick. I tend to do a lot of 360 lance attacks followed with quick left/right flicks to dodge the enemies when coming out of the lance immunity so I usually just end up ignoring the d pad.

One thing that took me a while to sink in is to not focus so much on getting correctly colored pairs and to instead focus on maintaining high speeds by lancing often, doing 360's when doing super high speed lances, and even mashing the X button at times. Another thing that helped improve my times was to stop stockpiling lances and instead use them at the first opportune moment. If you time a lance right before a line of enemies you'll usually come out of the lance with a fully charged lance ready to go which should propel you forward to your next lance and so on. The only time you should be saving lances is at the end of a sector that continues on to another sector. If you have a lance at the start of a sector it'll minimize the speed reset that occurs at the beginning of each sector.

Thanks for this. The race levels really have me bamboozled. Is there a bit of slowdown when you hit an extender? It seems like you're better off lancing a bunch of normal enemies and only extending near the end of your lance.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thanks for this. The race levels really have me bamboozled. Is there a bit of slowdown when you hit an extender? It seems like you're better off lancing a bunch of normal enemies and only extending near the end of your lance.
Everything seems to slow down when you hit an extender but I'm not sure if you actually lose speed when you hit it. As for when to hit the extender, I prefer at the start if possible but I won't go out of my way to wait for one most of the time. When you hit it at the end the extension burns off quickly and isn't really that helpful. If you hit it near the start the speed distortion can help you line up and rack a steady line of kills/extensions which will help you power up your next lance.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's funny how Shawn says to play the trophies levels after the main game. I totally did not do that, lol. I was completing each set of levels before going on to the next until I could take no more of that like around the 3rd set of levels

Also, I think the records during the Quick Look registered even though you were offline, I think

kassatsu

Banned
It's funny how Shawn says to play the trophies levels after the main game. I totally did not do that, lol. I was completing each set of levels before going on to the next until I could take no more of that like around the 3rd set of levels
But you are a robot.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've sold two friends on the game already after showing it to them. Will try on a third tomorrow. This is one of those games that once you see it you need to experience it.

NJShadow

Ha ha, I had dubbed "I Really Missed Jack" as my favorite level, and I guess it shows. Still holding a #6 spot with a public release. Yeah boy!

And BTW, I LOVE the music for "Giraffes? Giraffes! From Outer Space", wonder if we'll see a soundtrack release...

Roto13

Ha ha, I had dubbed "I Really Missed Jack" as my favorite level, and I guess it shows. Still holding a #6 spot with a public release. Yeah boy!

And BTW, I LOVE the music for "Giraffes? Giraffes! From Outer Space", wonder if we'll see a soundtrack release...

Giraffes is my favourite level. :p

NJShadow

Giraffes is my favourite level. :p

Actually, I take that back, I love both stages equally for different reasons. =P

I just threw 'Giraffes' on and remembered how incredible it was. As soon as you hear those etchers start to click... mmmmm... MAGIC!

Clunker

This game. <3

It's everything I was hoping for. It's not nearly as Rez-like as it might seem -- a puzzle game like Tetris Attack is a much better comparison. Actually, the best comparison that I can think of right now is Meteos, specifically that one timed mode that had you clearing 1,000 blocks as fast as humanly possible. To get the best times, you had to glue down the L button so blocks were screaming down and then just hold on for dear life until you developed a second sight - until you could read the code of the Matrix. It's kind of like that.

Loving it!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I LOVE this game. It's so awesome!!!

Man, I was so close to the Danger trophy...21/25! FUCK! I will get 25 game, I WILL GET 25!!

NJShadow

I LOVE this game. It's so awesome!!!

Man, I was so close to the Danger trophy...21/25! FUCK! I will get 25 game, I WILL GET 25!!

After missing that trophy time after time, I discovered that there is in-fact a pretty effective method that'll net you the win with ease.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I kind of got the pattern/rhythm already. I just have to make sure I nag 25 before the stage ends.

Screw you Wario! Hahaha!

Arcteryx

Maybe I missed something, but why do I keep failing Perpetuation(trophy) when I clearly have full invincibility like it says?

Top Bottom