• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

In case it wasn't already posted, finding EXPcalibur is ridiculously easy:

Get the quest in the tower to find a gun for someone. Track it as your quest and press the button that highlights where it is on the map. Head there and you'll find a rock in the water a bit further off, you need to swim. Climb on the rock and hold down square for about 3 minutes to pick it up.

What does the EXPCalibur do?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Get the quest in the tower to find a gun for someone. Track it as your quest and press the button that highlights where it is on the map. Head there and you'll find a rock in the water a bit further off, you need to swim. Climb on the rock and hold down square for about 3 minutes to pick it up.
Then, become king of all england
What does the EXPCalibur do?
Eesa sword. Does sword things.

Is it a literal broadsword?

Ah OK. I was afraid we might have had another AC: Unity situation on our hands!

For what it's worth, I absolutely love the game (PS4) after playing for a couple of hours. I don't blame people if they wanna wait for reviews, but this is absolutely not a Unity situation. Game runs well and seems fairly free of jank. It feels way more robust than Dead Island did.

Is this game good?

I've played it for like 1-2 hours so far with a buddy and I've really enjoyed it. It feels a little clunky at first, since freerunning can grind to a halt and combat can feel clunky since you don't have that many abilities, but it gradually opens up as you gain skills. So far I would suggest buying it.

Mirror's Edge came out 8 damned years ago, people, god damn...

Barely anyone bought it and even fewer remember it.

Get over the game using alternate jumping buttons than that game. It makes no difference at all.

This post makes me want to die.

ixZ0GQ0bRB2M7.gif

cripterion

I keep dying during the crane segment cause this shit controls so bad. So far bad impressions from this.ugh

Edit : never mind, my dumbass wasn't climbing on top of the crane but through it, thought I had to go ledge from ledge like a pro lol

cripterion

Which segment are you stuck on?

Lol it was the tutorial but I was doing it all wrong hehe
I did it all in one shot climbing from ledge to ledge the first time but kept dying on the way back. I don't know why I thought I had to jump and hang from ledge to ledge on that crane instead of going on top of it.

Now once I'm through with this let's see that framerate!

Karak

I keep dying during the crane segment cause this shit controls so bad. So far bad impressions from this.ugh

Edit : never mind, my dumbass wasn't climbing on top of the crane but through it, thought I had to go ledge from ledge like a pro lol

It happens. The games movement is different than other games and it can take a bit to grasp.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Exile20

Something about this doesn't look right.

You're sprinting and picking up momentum, yet when you perform the dropkick, you come to a dead stop in mid-air and the zombie goes flying backwards?

It looks like the momentum should at least carry you over to the next rooftop, even after kicking the zombie. I know I'm just nitpicking here, but physics-wise it doesn't make any sense.

It looks awkward as hell.

foxdvd

A question about progress in coop. Does doing missions in your friends game give all 4 people credit for their own games when they go back to single player? What happens if you join your friends game and you are further along or have better items? Do all of your unlocked items come with you into your friends game?

cripterion

Damn the city looks huge, game still smooth outside, this is running far better than expected besides the occasional stutter.

I've seen some interiors but couldn't open the doors. Do I need a skill for lock picking?

Edit : lol I should just follow the mission, got my first survivor point and lock picking skill is right there in front of me

Tak3n

Banned
so being a hunter mode looks fucking fun, if you can actually get a game where the host does not quit the second you invade!

CoolZombie

So if I'm in the UK will my Xbox One version unlock at midnight? Because on the store it's STILL saying the game comes out on the 30th?

I am going to buy Dying Light but not sure which console to get it for..PS4 or XBOX ONE..any suggestions? I assume both console versions come with the same free zombie DLC

Karak

I am going to buy Dying Light but not sure which console to get it for..PS4 or XBOX ONE..any suggestions? I assume both console versions come with the same free zombie DLC

They are identical for all intents and purposes. Go with the one you want.

One thing I have to also add about the game is I love how many skills there are and none of them feel wasted. Lots of useful perks to the point that I always want to buy something. Many games I get to a point where I just don't care.

They are identical for all intents and purposes. Go with the one you want.

One thing I have to also add about the game is I love how many skills there are and none of them feel wasted. Lots of useful perks to the point that I always want to buy something. Many games I get to a point where I just don't care.

Yeah thats the thing..I dont know what I want..I guess since I haven't purchased any PS4 games in a while maybe I should go with that system. Do both run at 1080p/60? Maybe its better to go with the console version that most people are getting, not sure what that is here

terrible

Banned
From the streams I've seen it looks like aim sensitivity, acceleration, and maybe even deadzone is pretty bad on PS4. Looks like GTA V type aiming before they patched the controls on current gen. Is that actually the case?

Top Bottom