• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

Karak

Many times this game is a testament to good lighting and artistic direction, water from rain getting into your eyes, the colored lighting, the fire climbing up a zombie from where it steps in a campfire versus instantly igniting it. Whomever was in charge of the little stuff needs a raise. I may not have to change anything in my review in progress. The game has just got better after another 8 hours.

Surfheart

I just bought this digitally on ps4 but I never got the option to download it I only have a button(in the store) that says start and when I press it it says it can't find the application. Any ideas?

Klyka

Banned
Btw people, you don't need to turn off your flashlights at night and you don't need to sneak either.
You can sprint and jump around like mad and even shine your flashlight straight at the crazy zombies, they won't care as long as you don't enter their cone on the minimap. That is all that sets them off. Well and loud noises aka guns,firecrackers,explosions etc...

oh and also,this is what you do when you are max level in everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GtcMGZJhes

Many times this game is a testament to good lighting and artistic direction water from rain getting into your eyes the colored lighting. I may not have to change anything in my review in progress. The game has just got better after another 8 hours.

Good to hear! I played for 2 hours last night and can't wait to play more. I probably won't get a chance until Wednesday evening at the earliest.

Anyone in Europe been able to download it since midnight? For some reason I can't...? The countdown on the game was for midnight and now when I go to the Library to download it, it redirects me to a page that says "Cannot find the application. Do you want to look in the PS Store?" I click yes and it takes me to the Dying Light page and where it usually says "Download" it says "Start" and I click it and i go back to the "Cannot find the..." page.

Any ideas?

Naar

Ok this is getting annoying now :\

Almost every game I bought from PSN i have to wait HOURS to fully install.

I was given the option to choose to download single player or multi player for Dying Light and I chose single and downloaded a 5ish GB file

The download and installation of that file was relatively quick.

I play the game a little and about 20 min into the game I cant enter the elevator and it says "content installing 60%"

Over 6 hours later and I still cant open the elevator and it says 97% installing

Watch Dogs, Advanced Warfare, and other games I got I had a similar issue like this where I can play the first 20 min or so then have to wait for a super slow installation (even if i exit the game and put the PS4 in rest mode)

Anyone know why this happens to me?

Karak

Hint on how to get exp easy
Exit the bottom of the tower at night go find some volatiles and lead them back to the base and then run in and out of the doorway letting them chase you in then they will run out on their own repeat. Your points climb dramatically.

hawk2025

Ok this is getting annoying now :

I was given the option to choose to download single player or multi player for Dying Light and I chose single and downloaded a 5ish GB file

I play the game a little and about 20 min into the game I cant enter the elevator and it says "content installing 60%"

Over 6 hours later and I still cant open the elevator and it says 97% installing

Watch Dogs, Advanced Warfare, and other games I got I had a similar issue like this where I can play the first 20 min or so then have to wait for a super slow installation (even if i exit the game and put the PS4 in rest mode)

It's downloading the rest of the game while you play.

This game is easily worth the 20 I spent on it. I see the game only getting better as you play longer due to the abilities you get like wall run and vaulting over these zombies. Splendid surprise.

MAX PAYMENT

Btw people, you don't need to turn off your flashlights at night and you don't need to sneak either.
You can sprint and jump around like mad and even shine your flashlight straight at the crazy zombies, they won't care as long as you don't enter their cone on the minimap. That is all that sets them off. Well and loud noises aka guns,firecrackers,explosions etc...

oh and also,this is what you do when you are max level in everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GtcMGZJhes

Wtf. There's a batman grappling hook in this game? Not sure how I feel about that.

Ok this is getting annoying now :

yeah same for me
what it is is the ps4 thinks there is less to download so it stopped at 98% (all according to the xmb view) and shut down.

then you start the game and the last 2% comes in. It only takes a few minutes.

the xmb info showed more gb downloaded than the listed maximum size.

jrcbandit

So I haven't played much past the intro section, so I haven't really experienced night time. When people say sneak at night, what does that entail? Will zombies react to your flashlight or you running along rooftops? Do you need to move while crouched? Or is it just a matter of proximity like it is during the day time?

Klyka

Banned
So I haven't played much past the intro section, so I haven't really experienced night time. When people say sneak at night, what does that entail? Will zombies react to your flashlight or you running along rooftops? Do you need to move while crouched? Or is it just a matter of proximity like it is during the day time?

You don't need to sneak.
With the normal night infected, the "volatiles" they show up on your minimap with a vision cone. Stay out of that cone and don't make the kind of noise that shows up on your minimap (gun shooting,explosions etc..) and they will never bother you.

No enemy cares about your flashlight ever.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've asked this a couple times:

Is there any reason to hold onto stuff in the valuables section, or should I sell it all immediately?

Its your bad internet.

Is there any reason to hold onto stuff in the valuables section, or should I sell it all immediately?
Just sell it. But I've ran into random vendors in the world that buy stuff from you at a higher price so if you're lucky you can make good money.

Klyka

Banned

sell immediately. valuables are there to just be sold, merchants also can't have "special requests" for them either.

Anyone get their preorder dockets? I just talked to the Quartermaster for the first time, which according to the FAQ on the docket site that is when I should have gotten them, and nothing. Do I have to wait for another time to talk to him? I am literally just starting the very first outside mission. PS4 btw.

I'm having the same problem, the guy doesnt give me anything

In options hit triangle to change your game session. It has to be online/public for some reason and you'll get your tokens and care packages (companion app).

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to play this game D: just got home from work. i'm really scared of the night time lol, been watching to many night time videos lol.

FrsDvl

I'm so stuck... Trying to figure this out for the last 15 minutes, no clue what to do.

MPHOweq.jpg

Anyone care to give me a hint.

Oublieux

That is because the initial download you complete is not actually the full game, I believe. You only download a portion of the game regardless of whether or not you select SP or MP. It downloads enough for the player to start the game and the rest is downloaded in the background while you play.

Oh my god the music in this game. I wasn't going to get this but I think I'll have to pick it up at the end of February when I next get paid. Looks like great fun. Sleeper hit here I think!

Seems the grappling hook is the equivalent to the wing suit in far cry in terms of fun move set and new possibilities. Here's hoping it doesn't take too long to unlock it.

I got the option to fling a grappling hook at zombies after the first two hours. First or second upgrade on the far right path if I remember correctly.

DirtyLarry

In options hit triangle to change your game session. It has to be online/public for some reason and you'll get your tokens and care packages (companion app).
I thought I posted again but I guess I did not, just closing the game completely (after a checkpoint of course) and launching it again kicked in all of my dockets, I did not have to change it to online or public.

Not sure why it did not just see them right away, but just quitting completely and relaunching did the trick.

I played about an hour or two today. Overall I really like it. I was pissed at myself for missing a few things that wound up being so damn obvious, such as
when you do the first side mission and have to get chocolate, I had no idea I just had to life up the gates in the store, so literally wasted close to 15 minutes trying everything else
but other than that, I actually really am liking the game.

Also I am pretty impressed by how good it looks (at times). I did feel however the first time night kicked in that the frame rate seem to take a pretty dramatic drop. I am on the PS4. Did anyone else feel the frame rate takes a pretty significant hit when it is night time?

vesvci

Banned
I got a chance to play this game, it is great so far. The music, visuals are great. I gotta play a bit more, but this game is getting me hooked very quickly, which is usually a good sign for me.

Corpekata

Banned
If you are having trouble finding anything (entrances, switches) the survivor sense is a godsend. It also color codes icons so like gray means normal stuff (basic loot, doors) but orange or green mean better loot or collectibles. Makes it so it's easier to decide if a place is worth looting.

I got this last night. It was frustrating I couldn't play anymore and quit for the night cuz of it. I know it's downloading in the background, but I didn't expect it to let me play so little before I'd hit a roadblock from the download.

Klyka

Banned
For anyone who is ever stuck or is looking for something ALWAYS ping your survivor sense. it will show you everything you can interact with close to you, including doors, switches, mission objectives, items, weapons etc...

I can't figure out if the Hunter is underpowered in Invasions, or if everybody just kind of sucks right now.

It's easy enough to solo an Invasion right now without any deaths. It's hard to imagine how much easier it would be with three other humans to help out.

Top Bottom